United Nations Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

United Nations Interview Questions

Interviews at United Nations

2.8

Intern Interview

Interview

Brief 30 minute phone call with my future supervisor, more of a behavioral interview without explicitly saying it, very conversational and really just inquired more about what I was comfortable doing and where my interests lie.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the SDGs?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

The atmosphere was friendly and I was invited to an interview after a written test. The test was general and it mostly consisted of general questions about the UN. the office director interviewed me along with two other experienced employees.

Interview Questions

• How can the UN improve its mission locally?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

1 - 30 min phone interview with the person who ended up being my supervisor. Just behavioral questions and asking why you think you'd fit the position. Heard back a few days later that I got the job

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this internship?   3 Answers

N/A Interview

Interview

After submitting a job application online, got selected to 1st round and received an invite for the Online assessment test.

After getting selected, had a panel interview which lasted 60 mins.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

Applied for the internship and around 1 month later received an email for a telephone interview. The interview lasted around 30 minutes and interviewer was very friendly. Asked me questions about myself and about previous experiences in university and in my other internships.

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed and was offered a contract with the New York Office. They are great folks but it takes absolutely forever to hear from them. Were extremely flexible about start and end date and changing contract to reflect it. Essentially - first contact and follow up may take a while, but they are very accomodating.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about background and interest - really nothing special to note.   Answer Question

Political Affairs Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at United Nations in March 2020.

Interview

There was a skills test (multiple choice, plus essays), followed by a panel interview (Competency Based Interview - CBI). Decision process takes a long time and job still has not been filled.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation where you had to work on a project and not everyone agreed with you.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

Went well and not hard . Interviewed by the hiring manager and her assistant, majorly behavioral questions and nothing technical. It took about 1 week for the whole process

Interview Questions

• Explain your last work experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at United Nations (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round - Online assessment using Excel, powerpoint and a 200 word summary of a report (90 minutes total)
    Second Round - Interview on the phone with future supervisors and current interns. Was asked behavioral questions, office specific questions and then given a case to solve.
    Received offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you faced a challenge at work and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Legal Affairs Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at United Nations.

Interview

I applied online through Inspira, and heard back from the HR office within a month. The interview was very short and informational; they seemed to have based their decision more on what I had filled out when submitting my PHP through Inspira.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.