Valuation Office Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Valuation Office Agency

Interviews for Top Jobs at Valuation Office Agency

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Valuation Office Agency (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in April 2020.

Interview

I submitted an online application answering questions about the main competencies they are looking for. I then was invited for a phone interview about 2 months later. The phone interview was the only stage of recruitment and involved answering a few general questions about how I have shown various skills in previous employment, and some more specific questions about business rates and valuation. I then had an opportunity to ask any questions and was told I would hear back in about 2 weeks time. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes and was conducted by 2 different people on the same call. Just over 2 weeks later I was sent an email offering me a position. The hiring process is also very helpful even if you aren't successful as you are able to see feedback from the online application and the interview through the online application center.

Graduate Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Valuation Office Agency (Leeds, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online through a CV and personal statement.
    Interview took around 1 hour and comprised of a panel of 3 interviewers.
    Began with a 10 minute presentation of a pre determined topic, without the use of visual aids such as a PowerPoint presentation.
    Then a number questions.

Very positive experience, felt comfortable throughout and panel was very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What are the five methods of valuation?
      What is yield?
      Describe the residential property market in your area?
      What are the current rent rates for retail property in your area?
      How would you value the building we are in?
      What affects a property value?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Valuation Office Agency (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Please use the civil service guidance they offer you. Literally everything stems from there. Also look up the project delivery capability framework it breaks down the capabilities they expect are broken down here.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valuation Office Agency (Plymouth, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Competency based interview following online application and previous experience and skills sift. 2 panel members interviewing who took it in turns to ask the 4 competency questions from the advert.

Graduate Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Valuation Office Agency (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

There was only one stage for the graduate scheme and it was an interview with a panel of three. I had my interview in London. The panel was quite relaxed and helpful. The interview had two sections, a presentation on the real estate market and follow up questions and competency based questions.

Interview Questions

• A challenge that you faced with a client?
      What is Rateable Value?
      The four valuation methods?
      An example showing leadership.
      An example showing teamwork.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.