180LA Reviews

Updated 27 Nov 2018

2.8
180LA Global President and CCO Al Moseley  (no image)
Al Moseley
1 Rating
  1. "Great Experience, Exciting work"

5.0
    Former Employee - Designer in Los Angeles, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at 180LA full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Diverse mix of client work - Always a new project - Good pay, benefits, and time-off/company celebrations and lunches - Manager support and project management - Design expertise - Location

Cons

- Sometimes a lot of pressure and deadlines and late hours

"Work hard but have fun"

I have been working at 180LA

Pros

Good people. Agency not as big as it formerly was but the agency culture has improved. The people that were dragging the place down have left. Senior creatives are not egotistical. People look out for one another. No back stabbing or blame culture like other places.

Cons

The new office in Playa Vista isn’t as nice as the Santa Monica place but hopefully that changes if new business is won.

Continue reading

3. "Creative Agency "heaven" for entrepreneurial/scrappy makers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at 180LA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

180 is small, scrappy, and everyone wears lots of hats. Because of this, innovative, creative work gets completed VERY quickly and efficiently. I've been a team-member on so many projects that I'm proud of. When I first interviewed at 180, I wanted to find out why so many people had been there for 4-10 years, which sometimes can be a rarity at ad agencies. People are happy here. They work hard, but hard work gets acknowledged. My co-workers are some of the funniest and smartest I've ever met. I'm generally jazzed to go to work everyday.

Cons

For those seeking and thrive under strict process, you won't find that here. For those who understand process but think always of the most efficient way to get something done, this is the place for you.

4. "good but going downhill"

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at 180LA full-time for more than a year

Pros

used to have a great culture when i started. lots of fun events for employees and a culture where account management was actually respected and valued.

Cons

bad management - went through a rough time in losing clients. dont care to check in on employees and try and help make improvements

"Challenging Environment"

I worked at 180LA full-time

Pros

Close friends, fun times, and good coworkers

Cons

Little resources, unrealistic expectations, and rampant harassment

"Focused solely on awards"

I worked at 180LA full-time

Pros

Strategy/planning department is good. Reception is great. Always warm, if anything she’s a bit much.

Cons

Creatives are treated like gods, but they are unmotivated. Juniors have big egos and are too precious about their work. ECDs are useless and lazy. Strategists are sent on extravagant “trips” with agency money to do “research.” Project managers are disrespected daily which led a lot of them to quit. Mike Allen did a lot of nothing. They spend thousands on agency parties on week, then lay people off the next. “Soak Sessions” are completely egotistical. There’s a duo of CDs that never comped a single piece of work. They were then praised by upper management and promoted. Account teams were disorganized. Awards were prioritized over daily client work. It’s incredible that they wondered why so many clients took their business elsewhere. If an idea was good but not worthy of an award, it was shut down. If you’re a woman and not sexually harassed, you’re the luckiest woman alive.

Continue reading

"Don't let the ad agency world fool you when it comes to 180la. Do your research."

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at 180LA full-time

Pros

Dogs. Snacks. Location (when in Santa Monica). Office space. Parties and happy hours/outings. People.

Cons

Extremelyyy clicky. Leaders weren't leaders and were rather tucked away in their offices. So many complaints....daily. Before I came onboard and before I left, there were 2 huge layoffs due to getting fired from some major clients. New COO put on this persona as if he was your buddy...but would talk about the next person when they weren't looking (not really what a COO should to TBH.)

"Sinking ship"

2.0

I worked at 180LA full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are some good people at 180. The team (aside from executive staff) was very tight-knit. Good snack selection (but what agency doesn't have this perk nowadays?)

Cons

There was no work and, when there was, it took a ridiculous amount of time to get the simplest things through the pipeline. Terrible relations with clients and no desire to keep good people around during tough times.

"Account person"

I worked at 180LA full-time

Pros

Can't even see the beach anymore so none.

Cons

Failing agency. Terrible management (the only thing they do well it's not showing up most of the time). Constant inappropriate sexist comments. Every agency meeting -- Soak Session -- they just soak us with lies. So many people have quit not sure how anything is getting done. If I could give zero stars I would.

Continue reading

"Great Place, Hard Times"

Current Employee - Creative

I have been working at 180LA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing People, great work life balance

Cons

New biz is pretty rough.

Found 38 reviews