AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position" (in 20 reviews)

• "AppFolio pays fairly but Santa Barbara is an expensive city to live in (arguably worth it)" (in 10 reviews)

"Client Services is one of the best places to be!"

Current Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Richardson, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Richardson, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Amazing culture and atmosphere, wonderful people, encourages work / life Balance, supportive management, and employees are very appreciated!*

AppFolio has been a wonderful place for me to work. I've grown both professionally and personally here, and it's amazing to see a company that values its employees as much as it does. The opportunities for advancement at AppFolio are second to none - there's always something and it makes us as employees feel accomplished and encouraged.

I have nothing bad to say about AppFolio. My current management is even better than my management in my last department here, which is saying so much because I grew so much in that department as well as a result of their support.

I owe so much to this company and I am so glad I chose to work here!

Cons

We're getting a bit cramped from growing, but that's a good thing in the end! Honestly, everything has been amazing!

Advice to Management

Please keep encouraging employees to take on their own projects - it's really motivating and helps us feel like we're really contributing!

3 Aug 2018 – CMO

Love to hear that you've grown professionally and personally -- it sounds like you're really making the most your time and opportunity at AppFolio!

2. "Great not the strict kind of place"

Current Employee - Leasing Contact Center in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Leasing Contact Center in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office environment is lax, they have great benefits and have snacks to keep you going. More offices should let the environment be a bit relaxed, productivity would be much better.

Cons

The maintenance and leasing center is 24 hours out of the day all year long, so no vacation on Christmas or New Year's.

Advice to Management

Keep the good and friendly environment!

3. "Maintenance Contact Center Rep"

Former Employee - Maintenance Contact Center Representative in Richards, TX (US)

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere! Healthy food and gym area for light exercises. Company activities and overall good quality products/training to get the job done.

Cons

When accepting this specific position keep in mind that you will be dealing with tenant aka their place of living. There is going to be stressful situation that you cannot take up to someone higher at Appfolio. You have to deescalate as best you can, you may contact property managers but they are also very busy that sometimes you cannot reach them.

I worked here during the time there was several hurricanes in the US, and most of our tenants got hit. This was a very hard time for me to deal with, as i created WO and submitted them to vendors.. sometimes it would take days for them to assist..NOW that is not Appfolios fault - Technicians can't work in the rain or they were booked with other WO.

My advise to those who take on this position have to prepare for situations that can affect there mental health. I would go home thinking about work, dreaming it, talking to my friends about it. It was unhealthy, you have to be mental strong and even though i was doing a great job at work I didn't feel like I was truly helping those over the phone.

Advice to Management

perhaps, people with 911 dispatcher experience would be a better fit -

3 Aug 2018 – CMO

Glad to hear you enjoyed the benefits and atmosphere of AppFolio. Sounds like this role wasn't the right fit for you - wish you the best in your next role!

4. "Maintenance Contact Center"

I worked at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Solid business model allowing fast growth
    CEO engagement
    Team Culture
    Company values

Cons

Office politics
    Nepotism
    Biased decision making from management
    Hidden agendas by management team

5. "Job Jackpot"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started here less than 2 months ago and I feel that I’ve hit the job jackpot! I enjoy going to work everyday. The best part of the job is the people you’re surrounded by. AppFolio really hires people based on fit to company culture and that’s what makes it a great place to work. Training is great and management is awesome! Lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

I wish they had tuition reimbursement for graduate school.

Advice to Management

Tuition reimbursement for graduate school

31 May 2018 – CMO

What a great review title! We are happy to have you working with our customers to get them up and running with our software - so glad to hear you appreciate the culture and are committed to making... More

"What's Not to Love?"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company knows how to hire! I get the pleasure of working alongside quality and driven people-- all day long. From the top-down, the culture at AppFolio is one of a kind. Whether you are a top exec or brand new to the company, everybody is somebody here. My input is valued and my development is as important to my managers as it is to me.

In my 2.5 years at AppFolio, I have had 3 promotions and the opportunities are endless. With multiple Professional Development opportunities and courses available, I am truly in control of my career path.

We are constantly collaborating with other departments, which creates a challenging yet rewarding environment. Work hard, play hard. We celebrate our successes!

Other than the above-- catered lunches, unlimited snacks, happy hours, holiday parties, ping pong tournaments, Mario Kart races AND amazing benefits.. the list goes on. I also love that AppFolio puts a huge focus on giving back to the community (big win!).

Cons

No cons at this time, other than too many snacks in the kitchen...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love that in the past 2.5 years, I have seen us grow incredibly fast, yet I still feel as valued from day one as I do today. Management, from our CEO to our Department Managers, all take the time to know us as individuals. Our input matters. Do what you can to keep this-- as it sets AppFolio apart from other companies.

31 May 2018 – CMO

Your input definitely matters - as we grow we continue to work on ways to increase the collaboration, teamwork and development for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write such a... More

7. "AppFolio is a great place to build a career and have fun doing it!"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

• Opportunities for career growth - hard work is recognized and an internal job board advertises new openings within the company

• Upper management is gracious and approachable - transparent company meetings, "Coffee with the CFO," open to questions and feedback

• Engaging corporate culture - annual guacamole-making contest, summer barbecue and fundraising for employee-picked nonprofits (this year we're supporting Rise Against Hunger)

Cons

• Some junior leaders are inexperienced and could use some coaching

3 Aug 2018 – CMO

These are such great pros - opportunities for growth, transparent leadership and an engaging culture - thank you for taking the time to share them. We love to see AppFolians grow into leadership... More

8. "Services"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, experience, and lots of great culture

Cons

No issues at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep opening doors and being transparent with your employees

31 May 2018 – CMO

Great to hear that you value the opportunities for growth - thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

9. "Associate Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Associate Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment! Company encourages work/life balance.

Cons

If I have to put something maybe overwhelming snack options?

31 May 2018 – CMO

Too many snack choices can be overwhelming :) Glad to hear that's your number one con. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

10. "Overrated Culture."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX (US)

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice desks and computers. That’s really it.

Cons

The pay is really low. The training is disorganized and sloppy. There these associate managers that are clueless to what a manager really does. Everyone that can help new hires is running around in meeting for some reason. The co workers are helpful but they have a job to do as well. A lot is expected for very little compensation. The “rules” of dealing with customers is idiotic. Laughable guidelines. Corny office decor and fake culture. It’s only a good culture for the managers and upper level people. The training is so weak. I was trained by 4-5 different people many did it even know how to train. One in particular was a horrible worker. Rude and lazy. The actual “trainer” wasn’t there and everything was off axis. Yes they have a high rating but I have been working for awhile and it’s just fluff.

Advice to Management

Have actual trainers and not one employee that is in charge of training all the new hires. Pay your people more. Chill with the culture talk if your not gonna live it.

31 May 2018 – CMO

Sorry to hear you're not having a great experience in your role at AppFolio. Life is too short to stay in a position or at a company where you feel the culture isn't a match to your style and... More