Arete22 Reviews

Updated 5 Jan 2021

Arete22 Managing Director Cyril Williams (no image)
Cyril Williams
Pros
  • "Great working environment, awesome people(in 6 reviews)

• "Arete22 has no seniority therefore everyone in the business has been through all stages of development(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Have some money in a pot before you start as you’re self employed but the potential to earn good money is apparent(in 7 reviews)

• "A lot of long hours and you basically have to live for the job if you wanna succeed(in 6 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Incredible team Environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Visiting Account Manager in Watford, East of England, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with Cyril and the team has been an incredible experience. After bringing the Sales and marketing team from Watford to learn from Cyril, on every occasion we managed to create a more creative and motivated team who on every accord performed at a higher calibre. Arette22 tends to breed a high level of determination and it’s functionalities, strategies and discipline are unmatched. Glad to have worked on projects alongside the team.

Cons

None whatsoever the company overall is progressive.

2. COVID-19

"Avoid please"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Sales in Manchester, England

I worked at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are no pros of working here. The only person I liked was my team leader and they have left now aswell!

Cons

You are expected to completely isolate yourself from your family and friends, literally you are told to have no communication with them as they’ll be upset that your going to be successful when you aren’t.. I was apart of arete22 in the first lockdown, on zoom calls for literally 12-14 hours a day which was the same call every day.. if you was not on the calls or missed one, you was made to feel awful and talked about by the CEO to others on the call. There was actually a call from what they call an owner, (a different manager based in another office under a different name - same organisation) about how before her role here she was a scientist and cured a certain type of cancer but because they didn’t use her cure, she left? Yeah okay then ... CEO constantly bragged about how his daughter met a prince, and how he can afford to buy a Lamborghini and a mansion if he wanted to? But CEO, you couldn’t afford to pay any of your workers through a pandemic but expected us to be on zoom calls using our own electric and barely eating through 14 hour days? The calls was consistent, one after another, you did not have time to breathe before entering a new call! Your expected to be at the office at 7:30AM and would barley leave the office after you’ve been out all day to a different location for 8 hours, until 11 at night! In addition to this, they would expect you to go out after work with each other? They’d have party’s even in a pandemic but you was not invited unless you made CEP money. They tell you about all the money you make, but the two assistant managers live with CEO in his flat in Manchester? Whilst on zoom calls for 12-14 hours a day for 6 days a week, sometimes 7, you was not allowed to have anybody in your room with you at all, like if you parent walked in and CEO seen them, he would make snide remarks constantly about how unprofessional were being when we are working from home unpaid, not eating etc but he would be on his phone throughout calls constantly. Most of the zoom calls was not even work related they was CEO showing his view from his flat ( which was not actually that impressive ) and how he managed to get toilet roll from Marks and Spencer’s? If you leave, you are talked about to everyone. If your parents, family or friends thought you was being brainwashed and conned, he would tell you to bring them to his office so he could brainwash them to! You was expected to take notes through each zoom call that took between 1-1.5 hours each time, then at 8/9 PM when your finally done, expected to re-write your notes so they stick in your head? Please do not read this and think I am being a “ Karen “ as CEO would call people who left bad reviews, this job almost cost me my 5 year relationship with my partner due to being forced to work constantly and never seeing him despite living together and because he would hear how we was being spoken to on zoom calls. Now, when we went back into the office after the first lockdown ended, CEO went home whilst we all went out to work! ( assistant manager) did not even know the sales pitch we had to teach it her! In addition to all above, this is not a company, it’s a con and a scam, modern day slavery and exploitation. Peoples commissions regularly went missing including my own. I also applied for a business consultant ad, made to believe I was assisting businesses in their development so imagine my surprise when I was stood outside of Morrison’s in Eccles selling charity to people! The assistant managers are worse, they are very nasty towards female staff. As a team leader, you have to also work 7 days a week, 6 days doing sales and 1 day ringing all your minions and new employees and making plans for the next week.

Continue reading

3. "Good and friendly staff and employees to work with"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistant in Manchester, England

I worked at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and supportive environment to work in

Cons

Long And exhausted working hours

"SCAM"

Current Employee - Junior Project Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

sociable environment and lovely friendly people

Cons

working for longer than 12 hours for nothing

Continue reading

"The best company ever to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Specialist in Manchester, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best cpm any to work for, you control your progression at your own rate, there is no seniority and 100% promotion from within. The managers and leaders are great people to spend time with and they all show genuine care and interest in developing you as a person and future business owner. Can't wait to continue my journey and join Arete22 in creating expansion.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Arete22.

"Family Environment filled with Positivity"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Manchester, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Arete22 not has it shaped me to always see the best aspect in everything but each day I always learn something that betters me in life but furthers my development in general.

Cons

Music can be quite loud at times especially in the morning.

Continue reading

"Brilliant Opportunity In A Fantastic Environment"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Manchester, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time

Pros

Superb sales and marketing training Fantastic team culture High earning potential Fast progression For me working at Arete 22 has been brilliant. I have learnt a lot and developed my skills. The management team of Cyril, Chloe and Jamilla are highly experienced and talented in face to face sales and invest heavily in training and developing their teams.

Cons

Personally I enjoy the environment and the nature of the work and feel it is simply what you make of it. The role and opportunity is clearly explained for you when you join and is definitely very rewarding when you apply yourself correctly

"Great office environment"

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Manchester, England

I have been working at Arete22 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The office itself is welcoming. I can say from personal experience that here the team cares about what you do at work and outside of work. Appearance and dress code are very important, people put effort and it makes us look great. Because of the dress code, we have loads of team pictures and social events that are worth posting on social media.

Cons

The company is only focused on people interaction. Bad move for introverts unless you're looking to learn communication skills and learn how to interact outside of your comfort zone.

"Not the best place to work at"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Arete22 full-time

Pros

Fun environment and nice people

Cons

Only work on commission and really long working days. You barely get paid.

"SCAM, MISLEADING, WASTE OF TIME"

1.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Assistants & Graduate Trainee Manager in Manchester City Centre, England

I worked at Arete22 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Door to Door Sales if you are happy doing that then this is the job for you.

Cons

Classed as self-employed. If you don't make a sale you don't get paid. Leaving office at 11am not finishing till 7:30pm then have to make way home from then. Absolute waste of time, do not believe the job description or apparent job role as it is all a scam.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 78 English Reviews