Argento Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 14 reviews

1.8
Argento CEO Pete Boyle
Pete Boyle
  1. "Very friendly staff. Everyone was always really well dressed. Overall it was a really good experience working there"

I worked at Argento part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff is friendly No uniform Get to show off your fab jewellery from the store. Decent discount for the stores

Cons

Often you may not get as many hours as desired but hat didn't bother me as 8 hours was more than enough for me being a student

Argento2016-09-07
  2. "Argento"

I worked at Argento part-time

Pros

Once you pass probation you receive really good discounts on all the brands. Each month you have the chance to receive a bonus if your store meets its target. Staff incentives

Cons

Lack of training, minimum wage no overtime or time and a half for working extra hours at christmas or on boxing day etc. Management dont tend to back you if a customer complains. They tell you to enforce a "no refunds" policy then as soon as someone complains just tells you to give them the refund.

Advice to Management

Support employees when it comes to false customer complaints, provide better training, treat people like people rather than a number.

Argento2018-10-23

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Management

I worked at Argento full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lovely team at store level, with many continuously going above and beyond despite their poor wage. Jewellery easy to sell (pandora).

Cons

Area management. Unprofessional with constant acts of nepotism, this company has negatively affected my confidence as a result of area management, lacking in people skills and compassion.

Advice to Management

Ensure that the employees in upper/area management positions have the genuine ability to work with others and show compassion and understanding in situations. This personality is just as important as professional experience to such a job.

Argento2018-03-18

"Don’t work here"

I worked at Argento part-time

Pros

There is none at all

Cons

Was treated so poorly by manager and staff, was hired for Christmas and told we would be trained as other girls were also hired with me. I was thrown into the job having to figure out codes during busy hours and customers getting annoyed, having to explain to them I was only new. Staff were two faced and when I tried to talk or share my concerns, I was talked to sarcastically. Was never shown the greeting to answer phone...

Advice to Management

Train your employees and teach managers to stop talking about other employees on how pretty or ugly they are. I can’t believe I put myself this low to work here

Argento2018-03-15

"N/A"

I worked at Argento full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great shop floor team who put their all into the job despite lack of acknowledgement from area management and low pay rate.

Cons

Upper management (out with stores) were unsupportive, displayed constant nepotism and unprofessional in sensitive matters,

Advice to Management

Choose the right senior management who have people skills, tact and understanding,

Argento2018-03-15

"Underpaid and Overworked"

I have been working at Argento full-time

Pros

Don't feel there are any pros

Cons

Pay is abismal; no commission. Advancement is fine for those favoured by upper management but if you aren't or haven't been with the company long despite having years of previous experience, you are overlooked time and time again.

Advice to Management

Value your employees; they make the money for you. Upper management get huge bonuses and perks while those working on the shop floors are treated awfully

Argento2017-02-15

"Argento Lisburn"

I worked at Argento part-time

Pros

The jewellery is nice

Cons

The managers are absolutely awful, they do not motivate you and If anything bring you down. Told me it would take 6 months to get used to the store and barely gave me a chance after a week,

Advice to Management

Fire all and get new ones.

Argento2016-08-17

"OK"

I worked at Argento

Pros

Management were generally very friendly

Cons

Extremely low wage, no incentives to stay

Advice to Management

Increase wages to be competitive in the marketplace

Argento2016-07-08

"Look Else where for a pleasant employer"

I worked at Argento

Pros

The customers.simply. Nothing else; at all.

Cons

The worse company i have ever worked for. Shady management, horrible people who are more concerned with micro management than getting a job done. two faced, cold , unprofessional place to be . No customer focus. customer service is amongst the worst I've witnessed across any company i have ever worked for . All in all 95% of the experiences i had there where amongst the worst in my working life; and this was from day...

Advice to Management

There are no words.

Argento2016-01-27

"Avoid"

I worked at Argento

Pros

Not alot of pros to be honest. Staff turnover very high. Staff discount is good - averages at 70% off - customers get very badly ripped off

Cons

Upper management constantly giving themselves pay rises yet hardly even in office. Stupid management, no flexibility and so many clueless staff.

Advice to Management

Give pay rises, stop giving promotions to same people every year. People always complain about having too much to do yet nothing gets done.

Argento2015-06-13