Atlassian Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 422 reviews

4.3
Atlassian CEO Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon-Brookes
Pros
  • "The work life balance is whatever you want it to be(in 43 reviews)

• "Great tech culture with smart people all around where I learnt a lot from(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "Power center shifted to San Francisco even when head office is in Sydney(in 20 reviews)

• "There are certainly growing pains because we're growing so fast(in 18 reviews)

"Amazing work/life balance. Great work"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Atlassian full-time

Pros

Amazing leadership - my direct supervisor is here to help me succeed Fantastic perks - food, vacation, benefits, emergency childcare coverage Work/Life balance - time off when I need it for whatever reason, without guilt Great work - I love what I do and that I'm supported to go out on a whim and try new things without risk

Cons

Work can be slow - because it's an open company there can sometimes be too many people that need/want to be included in a project and it takes longer than needed

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You're doing something right...

Atlassian2019-07-02
  2. "Best place I’ve ever worked"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people, culture, values, work environment, perks, flexibility. I still pinch myself 2+ years in. It’s a really amazing, supportive place to work

Cons

It’s not perfect, but Atlassian has heart and that balances out any imperfections.

Atlassian2019-09-05
  3. "Fantastic place for a Salesperson"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Atlassian is an open company focused on doing what is best for the customer. Great products & support to service our customers well.

Cons

The no-negotiation on pricing & terms is often hard to work with, and the contracts are very pro-customer which helps.

Advice to Management

Swap fewer parts concurrently!

Atlassian2019-09-03
  4. "A refreshing change from corporate workplaces"

Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary Stock Work life balance Colleagues

Cons

I'll add some when I find them

Advice to Management

I loved the amount of documentation that was available to me upon arriving. It really helps with my ability to learn. Keep everything public!

Atlassian2019-09-02
  5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work-life balance. Good work-learning culture. Great people. Room for career growth. Good pay. Good benefits. Relaxed schedule, come in at 11? 7? Remote? Usually quite open with everything. Clear direction at high levels.

Cons

HR is quite closed with their decisions and decision making. Company doesn't always have clear direction on the micro level.

Advice to Management

Be more open with changes and include the people you've hired. They were hired for a reason. Make sure teams know which direction they are heading and what their plan is for getting there. Most teams only do this for a quarter or two, they need to think longer term.

Atlassian2019-09-10
  6. "A large company mentality trying to be a startup"

Former Employee - Support Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Atlassian full-time

Pros

The company will provide you resources as needed to get the job done. Large kitchens and tons of perks.

Cons

Because the company thrives on data, it even uses it to micromanage. New managers have little to no understanding of the products their team supports making review time more of a tutorial for the manager. Town halls are not required to attend, but you need to find a booth or conference room if you don't have the luxury of setting work down for 30minutes a week.

Advice to Management

Perhaps consider the consequences of micromanaging, and the work styles of people who are thrown into an open floorplan environment?

Atlassian2019-09-11

"Enjoying my journey!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter, Design in Mountain View, CA
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Thoughtful, genuine culture * Great visibility and open culture * Smart, talented people who care about what they're doing * Interesting work, fast-growing company, resulting challenges and opportunities that arise with scale * Strong values and morality underlying our decisions * Great benefits (fully paid medical for you + your dependents) and perks * Awareness of challenges, openness about them, and... desire to improve and get better

Cons

* It seems like maybe we have some opportunities in our internal mobility / promotion efforts - I'm too new to feel personally affected by this but I've heard enough about it to say it may be an opportunity for improvement. My manager is personally very invested in my growth as is my TABP and I feel supported in growing with Atlassian over the long haul.

Advice to Management

As we grow, continue to be self-aware, honest about what's not working, and sincere in efforts to fix it. It's a wonderful place to work and I appreciate that we're not complacent about that.

Atlassian2019-08-16
  8. "Excellent company, somewhere I hope to be for a long time"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent colleagues. Fantastic company values which are lived and breathed by everyone. Incredibly open. Easy to reach out and talk to people at any level. Everyone wants to help. There is no backstabbing - there is plenty of opportunity for growth whether you want to be an Individual contributor or go down the Management path. Excellent benefits and salary. Loads of opportunity to learn. Flexible hours. Respect... for personal life. Genuinely nice people to be working with.

Cons

Imposter syndrome can be very real to start with! Feels sometimes like everyone has thought about an idea which you thought was new. An unofficial sixth company value of Seek first to understand can sometimes be a blocker to talking to people (i.e. you are pointed to an internal blog or wiki when you ask a question, rather than given an answer). These are honestly all minor points though and you can easily work... around them and work with colleagues to push through them.

Advice to Management

The psychological safety is amazing, sometimes you might want to consider pushing people a little harder though to keep the momentum and innovation up. Keep telling people to question things and make an impact when they join - it is a real motivating factor for new starters like me.

Atlassian2019-08-15
  9. "Flexible, Forward-Thinking Org with a Steep Learning Curve"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pro-active employees, terrific values that are put into practice, friendly and flexible teammates, stellar benefits package

Cons

Lots of systems and ways of working; takes a long time to get "up to speed" but teammates are very patient

Atlassian2019-08-06

"Expect some good challenges and to work hard for work/life balance."

Current Employee - Manager in Sydney

I have been working at Atlassian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of nice challenges and opportunities, some great people to work with, and lots of freedom in how you work. The benefits are pretty good.

Cons

You have to work hard to achieve work/life balance otherwise burn out is imminent. Change is a constant. The working environment, as in the physical building, leaves a lot to be desired.

Advice to Management

Work/life balance is sold as an advantage of working for Atlassian, but it's not the reality. In the interview stage, be honest that while there is a lot of opportunity and a lot of space to design how you work, it is a changeable, chaotic and pressured environment to work in. It would also be really helpful to have much more support from senior management around growth potential within the organisation - if a... competent manager and industry thought-leader can't see they'll progress within the organisation, once the key benefits of working at Atlassian are accrued, they're likely to look to grow by moving organisation.

Atlassian2019-08-15