Best Version Media Reviews

Found 349 of over 500 reviews

4.3
Best Version Media Chief Executive Officer Dave Durand
Dave Durand
Pros
  • "BVM offers an opportunity to create a successful business without a large initial investment(in 106 reviews)

• "Be a publisher with unlimited support throughout training, all the way up to Dave Durand the CEO(in 71 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is based on working 20 hours a month, but to produce a high-quality magazine, it takes much more time(in 49 reviews)

• "Same old trouble with "sales people (publishers)" who are unreasonable(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

LOVE working with the BVM team - amazing opportunity

Apr 20, 2021 - Publisher in Wilmington, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with BVM nearly 4 years, and have achieved financial success greater than any previous job/career! My schedule is flexible and as long as I "get up and never give up" I have continued success! Dave Durand is an amazing CEO, and our entire leadership team is top notch. We have so much support and people wanting us to succeed. Amazing culture . . . so thankful for BVM, it has changed my life!

Cons

You need to be disciplined, motivated, and willing to work hard to achieve huge success.

5 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

Thanks so much for the review! BVM offers entrepreneurs a flexible work environment and an award-winning culture unlike anywhere else. We're thrilled to hear about your continued success and we're grateful to have you on the team!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Best

Jun 3, 2021 - Beauty Advisor in Beeston, North West England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good company and very happy to be able to make sure that I can make a wonderful difference here

Cons

None the I can think of

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pros

Leadership from the top down is of the highest quality. Training is swift, effective and highly beneficial (both initially and ongoing). This organization breathes success daily through accountability, high-standards and genuine good people to work with, who generously support you all along the way. I have always looked for that perfect opportunity to prove to myself and the rest of the world that I am as good as I think I am—BVM has provided me with that opportunity, essentially offering me a highly-rewarding personal franchise where I can be my own boss, where there is no ceiling on what I can earn and learn, and where the only thing I have to put down up-front is my own sweat-equity.

Cons

You are essentially starting your own franchise as a local publisher from scratch. It is essential that you have both the discipline to motivate and move yourself daily, and have the finances available to support yourself for anywhere from 3-6 months (depending on your sales experience) until you get your first publication up and running. There are some nice and generous bonus opportunities from BVM along the way to your first publication that genuinely help—but still: be prepared to work hard for very little pay for the first few months. It’s exponentially worth it in the end. Other than that—if you believe in yourself enough to make a solid commitment to your future, it can be an amazing opportunity.

Media Relations

Thank you so much for the detailed review about the Publisher opportunity! BVM offers uncapped earning potential alongside endless training and resources. It's a very rewarding role for anyone who is up to the challenge. We're committed to helping every person we work with achieve their career goals.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Their current employees post reviews again and again on glassdoor to manipulate the review score (aka fake reviews).

Jul 31, 2021 - Associate Publisher in New Haven, CT
      Business Outlook

Pros

- You get to meet local business owners. - They hire literally just anybody because they don't have to pay you.

Cons

- No pay at all if you don't make a sale (which is EXTREMELY HARD). Its an independent contractor position. - They beg you to stick to the script and you'll be able to set appointments and make a sale. I tried it, failed, failed again and failed again and again. And in case you forgot, there is no pay if you don't make a sale. - If you really wanna give it a shot make sure you have enough savings to survive for at least 3 months without any income. If you're a really good salesperson who can basically sell anything, maybe just maybe you're able to make a couple of sales. Not because the product is good but because you're really good at selling stuff.

Media Relations

We proudly offer one of the most impressive commission structures in the industry and believe anyone can find success with BVM by building a sustainable business designed for uncapped earning potential. We work with hundreds of entrepreneurs who have found success with us through commitment and hard work, but we understand that the Publisher role may not be for everyone.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

I can’t stop smiling

Apr 24, 2021 - Publisher in Dayton, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you follow the training and honestly work 40hrs a week you can easily build to making a very stable mid 6-figure yearly income. If you are a top performer, reread the headline of this review. You get paid well for your time and efforts. Very stable income.

Cons

1st-You have to make yourself work. They don’t give you a boss to make you work. 2nd-Their training program works, unlike other companies that give you theory and expect you to be creative and invent new and better ways to do your job. So if you are the type of person that enjoys trying every other way to do something other than the way you were taught or to prove your employer wrong, you will become frustrated to find that the company actually taught you the best way to be successful at this job during the initial training. This is because the leadership has done the job. 3rd-It’s not multi-level-marketing. Instead of enlisting your friends and family to do the work so you can make money by sitting on the sofa, you actually have to work. 4th-You have to be nice to people that are nice to you and you find yourself smiling most of the day. 5th-You can’t work evenings and weekends, only during normal business hours. If your the type of person that has to work 80hrs a week to make the same amount as we do working 40hrs you will definitely find this job frustrating. I took up bee keeping to fill the void. Searching now for my next hobby.

5 people found this review helpful

Media Relations

We love hearing from our amazing Publishers! The BVM opportunity offers entrepreneurs unlimited income potential as well as training, resources and ongoing support. Our dedicated leadership team is committed to helping every person we work with find success. Thanks so much for the detailed and positive review!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Run!! Don't Do It!

Jul 29, 2021 - Associate Publisher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pro is working from home. You also get to know a lot of the local businesses. I was new to town so this was a slight plus.

Cons

I worked all day every day for 6 weeks and didn't sell one thing. I come from 10 years in luxury car sales and consistently led in sales. I worked really hard, attended the zoom meeting and the was on the brainwashing daily phone calls and made not one cent! They have to call you everyday to keep you hooked otherwise any sane person would leave after a couple of weeks. What did it for me (besides no paycheck) was when they sent me a publication of of this magazine I was pushing for my town and it was really lame. It could easily get thrown in the trash, it was so flimsy and lacked content. I was slowly falling into a depression and when I finally quite I was SOOOO happy!!

Media Relations

We’ve proudly helped hundreds of entrepreneurs build their own businesses by offering endless training and resources. We completely understand the Publisher role is not for everyone, but our dedicated sales leaders and support staff do everything they can to help our people find success. Our publications have high readership levels because we feature local families and highlight everything positive happening in the community. We will continue to improve the opportunity moving forward.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Closer to reaching a new path within a environment newly discovered.

Jul 18, 2021 - Sales Account Executive in Utica, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

My honest most true reason why I would absolutely be grateful to become your new Sales Account executive is experiencing new roads to a more happier, learning, goal achieving, successful career and a balanced Life for myself and my family.

Cons

I have not yet found any cons to give any accurate feedback to this question.

Media Relations

Thank you for the review!

8. 5.0

Where culture meets opportunity

Jul 18, 2021 - Publisher in Madison, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture with Top Notch CEO Excellent Training Team with ongoing support Your habits and actions determine your growth in the company Lots of room for advancement

Cons

This opportunity needs to be looked at like starting your own business. While this is not a con, it is important for people to understand that it requires grit and perseverance in addition to some cash reserves while you get up and running.

Media Relations

Thanks for the great feedback! We offer training, resources and an award-winning culture that focuses on personal development and growth.

9. 5.0

Tremendous Opportunity

Mar 15, 2021 - Publisher in Abbotsford, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started as the writer and took over the magazine after I saw how much the community liked it. This opportunity brings value to the publisher, business sponsors and residents. Residents get to know each other and business sponsors show their support for the neighbourhood and connect with the residents in a meaningful, family-friendly meduim. For the publisher, it's a great way to bring value to the community and keep a good work-life balance. I also work with a nonprofit, and I can devote time from my week there while also working as a publisher for my magazine. BVM has been terrific to publishers and sponsors during COVID. They quickly pivoted with remote presentations. BVM has shown great compassion toward my business sponsors throughout the pandemic too. BVM is fun to work with and very positive. Their training and support are really good too. This opportunity has allowed me to create an income stream which has helped my family greatly. The sky is the limit. And BVM has room for publishers who want to run one magazine and others who want to run several. Overall, the culture is positive, fun and forward focused. It's a great opportunity for people who will put in the hard work it takes to be successful.

Cons

To be honest, the biggest "con" is that it's hard work. It takes intentionality, consistency, perseverance and resilience to initiate with so many people.

Media Relations

Thanks for leaving such a detailed review about your experience working with us! Our goal is to offer training, resources and support to help every one of our Publishers build a successful business. It's a challenging yet rewarding role that offers entrepreneurs the exciting opportunity to bring a beautiful magazine to their community each month. We're grateful for the feedback!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Company Culture

Jul 1, 2021 - Marketing Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Best Version Media is such a wonderful company to work with. Every single person within the company is professional, accessible and eager to help. The culture the company stands by has such a positive nature and a refreshing change from the normal corporate regimen. I highly recommend checking out Best Version Media if you want a positive change of pace.

Cons

I don't have any at this time.

Media Relations

Thank you for the fantastic review! We're very proud of our award-winning culture and we're thankful to work with you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 349 Reviews