Bohler Reviews

Updated 8 May 2020

3.6
Bohler President & CEO Adam J. Volanth (no image)
Adam J. Volanth
Pros
  • "I see several reviews, some negative, about work life balance and pay(in 5 reviews)

• "I learned a lot of useful skills from my manager that I will be able to use in my career(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "Positive place to work"

4.0
    Former Employee - Design Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Bohler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people, flexible work hours, fun organized events outside of work

Cons

Management lacks communication at times and can be disorganized with setting goals

Bohler2020-05-08

"Lots of Fun, Not Well Run"

2.0
    Former Employee - Engineering

I worked at Bohler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of good and hardworking people are employed here. They have a lot of success talking up how important people are. They spend a lot of money on great parties if you’re into that. Also I think their pay is pretty competitive.

Cons

They care about profits more than people. Only male leaders run this show and they are not at all diverse in their thinking or approaches to managing people well. They don’t appear to walk the talk.

Bohler2020-03-16

"its was ok as far as the company was concerned- but direct managers/supervisors -no"

Former Employee - Billing Coordinator

I worked at Bohler full-time

Pros

The company itself is very good but the direct manager/ supervisor wasn't. If you asked a question - you were wrong, if you didn't ask a question- you were wrong. Barely any training, different people do things differently but yet you were pin pointed in the middle of everything.

Cons

The repetitive work would be killing. It was boring and the scanning- oh god no. We are in 21st century- why do we have so much paper killing going on.

Bohler2019-09-18
  4. "Great People, Great Projects, Great Place to Learn"

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Boston, MA

I worked at Bohler full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Smart, talented, and respectful coworkers - Unique and interesting projects given the Boston office location - Bohler encourages and provides opportunities for their employees to learn technical and soft skills - Monthly/bi-monthly office outings - Great work-life balance

Cons

- Projects are conventional and designs are not focused on sustainability/environmental impacts

Bohler2019-06-26
  5. "Good stepping stone"

Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Bohler full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great structure and opportunity

Cons

Personalities affect management effectiveness

Bohler2019-07-04

"Learned a lot and gained experiences."

Former Employee - Assistant Project Manager in Bethlehem, PA

I worked at Bohler full-time for more than a year

Pros

Learned a lot useful information on engineering, business models and corporate structure. Provided many experiences both good and bad to use in my continued professional growth.

Cons

Left due to no work-life balance (not untypical). If you like to work a lot this is a great place for you to succeed as it is a competitive working environment.

Bohler2019-06-17
  7. "Great place for the ambitious"

Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at Bohler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Huge opportunities are available with Bohler. Management is encouraging and truly wants your career to grow. Your growth as a designer into management pushes the growth of the managers above you and everyone benefits. I see several reviews, some negative, about work life balance and pay. I semi-regularly work 50-55 hours a week, but no one pressures me to do so. Most designers I know with the firm average around 45 hours per week. I sometimes choose to work longer because that work is recognized and can help grow your career faster. No one is telling employees they need to stay late or work weekends and not doing so would never negatively affect your position at the company. Good benefits, competitive pay, challenging and fun work, plenty of social events, encouraging and friendly management.

Cons

If you're not a very outspoken person, you may find yourself getting caught up in some stress. It's a deadline and client driven industry. If things are busy no one is going to encourage you to go home at 5 pm everyday. If you need the personal time and aren't willing to work some long weeks on occasion, that's perfectly acceptable, but you need to be willing to speak up and just inform your manager so they can plan accordingly. Don't be the person with 50 hours of work to do in a week that just leaves at 40 without communication. Managers won't judge you for having times you need to be at home, but there will be issues if you don't communicate that in advance. I'd think this would be expected, but I have a feeling these situations are leading to the couple negative reviews I've seen.

Bohler2019-05-25

"Management is a Frat House"

2.0
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer

I have been working at Bohler full-time

Pros

Good culture, money spent frivolously on company parties, breakfasts and activities for team building. Clients could be interesting but we are pigeon hold on to certain ones for months and years.

Cons

Senior leadership and management team is a group of frat house men who are not about transparency or looking out for the larger team. They've think throwing a party or five a year is good management to keep people happy. Balance of pay vs. hours worked and weekends works is outta whack. Marketing team doesn't exist or help sell more busines to offset hours. Definitely don't apply if you have a family.

Bohler2019-05-22

"Great learning environment"

Current Employee - Staff Engineer

I have been working at Bohler full-time

Pros

Bohler offers a fun working enviornment mixed with plenty of challenging but rewarding opportunities.

Cons

Minor inconsistencies throughout company can occasionally lead to confusion/miscommunication.

Bohler2019-04-09

"A positive experience"

5.0

I have been working at Bohler

Pros

Work is work, but my experience at Bohler has been positive. When I have had challenges, I’ve felt comfortable expressing my concerns knowing that my manager will be supportive. I appreciate the focus on learning & development because I think it makes everyone better.

Cons

Bohler has very high standards and not everyone can cut it. I suppose that’s not necessarily a bad thing and it can be motivating.

Bohler2019-03-22