Bozzuto Reviews

Found 771 of over 827 reviews

4.1
Bozzuto President and CEO Toby S. Bozzuto
Toby S. Bozzuto
Pros
  • "Great company with tons of flexibility(in 48 reviews)

• "Great benefits, friendly work atmosphere(in 40 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Working weekends is a little bit of an adjustment(in 54 reviews)

• "Didn't have much work life balance(in 52 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year
      Featured Review

Bozzuto is a company of culture & class!

8 Nov 2020 - Sales &Amp; Marketing Associate in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bozzuto is truly a company of culture and class. Not only have I found the perfect career opportunity but have also found colleagues who feel more like family. I’m eternally grateful for my recruiter Joe, who introduced me to Bozzuto at a time of so much uncertainty in my professional career. From my first interaction during the recruiting process to my first week, I was treated with such respect and appreciation that reflects Bozzuto’s company culture. I highly recommend Bozzuto to anyone interested in a career in hospitality/property management/sales.

Cons

Weekend hours are required but that’s expected with the hospitality industry. Although you do get one weekend off per month.

3 people found this review helpful

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! "A company of culture and class" WOW! That is music to our ears! We are thrilled to hear you feel supported, respected, and appreciated by your team. Thank you for being a member of the Bozzuto team!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great

27 Mar 2021 - Chief Sweeper
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexi time, Bonuses, Time off, Fun and friendly staff

Cons

No cons for working here

Bozzuto Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about our benefits package and the Bozzuto staff! We wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, could be greater with a little more oversight

15 Jun 2021 - Residential Concierege in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great hours Weekends off Lots of PTO Holiday incentives No micromanagement

Cons

Management is too uninvolved, doesn't listen to employee concerns until it's too late...and it usually involves having to pay for things employees previously requested help with Don't always have the tools needed to perform your job, constantly having to improvise Hard work is rewarded with more work while slackers just skate by barely doing their jobs and it's ok because they "meet the minimum requirements of the job" Morale sucks and no one cares Teamwork typically means a handful of people carry the biggest burden of the workload while everyone else skates by

Bozzuto Response

Hello, thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us. I am happy to hear you have been enjoying your benefits package including a competitive PTO package and flexibility in your hours. The feedback you have raised is very concerning to me. I believe in the importance of coming to work every day feeling supported, excited, and most importantly, happy. I am saddened to hear we have missed the mark with you. Please know I will work with our team of managers here in D.C. to work towards better support programs to ensure all employees are properly taken care of. I would be very grateful if you reached out to me personally, via email, so I can gather more information to help us get started in the right direction. I look forward to connecting. Respectfully, Lucretia Kumah Senior Vice President

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disappointing

16 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Decent pay, I lived with my parents so it was manageable. -Lower level coworkers were amazing. We all understood that we were just operating the Bozzuto train so we had fun doing it.

Cons

My time at Bozzuto was truly disappointing. I was hired right out of college, everyone had nothing but positive things to say about the business, both true and complete fabrications. I was excited to be a part of a large company with many different avenues for growth, and that could not have been further from my experience. Bozzuto hires recent college graduates for cheep labor. Promotions and location changes are entirely political and unless you are favorited, you are stuck in your position. You are simply a small fish in a big pond, your opinion doesn't matter to anyone- this is part of the reason I waited so long to write this. My review means nothing to Bozzuto, but if I can prevent one person from taking a job at this toxic company, I've done my part. Bozzuto cares about numbers, not emotions (ask them about their policy changes during COVID-19, you are guaranteed to be disappointed too).

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

18 Jun 2021 - Concierge in King of Prussia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers can great, very team oriented place to work. Benefits are about what the market offers. Job security is strong!

Cons

Property management is a hit or miss in general, depends on where you're placed, and what you make of it .

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company Culture

17 Jun 2021 - Property Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture abs fair compensation.

Cons

In a modern work era, the dress code can feel pretty strict for front line associates. That said, it’s all to keep up with the professional and caring atmosphere that Bozzuto values.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

10/10

16 Jun 2021 - Sales and Marketing in Washington, DC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture, management, challenging, rewarding

Cons

Work life balance, no room for growth

Bozzuto Response

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am very pleased to hear of your positive experience thus far. We take great pride in ensuring we are maintaining a strong company culture and it is great to hear you have experienced such positivity with it. Thank you for your feedback regarding work-life balance. Please reach out to your manager to discuss helpful solutions and how you can best feel supported. You can also reference Bozzuto’s intranet as it is home to helpful guides and tools to support the navigation of work-life balance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything I can help you with. Best, Lucretia Kumah Senior Vice President

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company but rude manager

7 Jun 2021 - Assistant Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company with a great future in real estate. Senior management is decent and pay is decent.

Cons

Hard hours - not sure why the on-site management team can’t work 9-5 as 9 hours a day does not afford the lifestyle or mental insanity that we all need. There is no work life balance at all. Favoritism- this a problem that this company needs to get rid of. Other reviewers also have stated and nothing has been done. I see it all the time - Apms with no experience being offered lease ups as PMs or hiring apms that are in general unfit to manage a team will cost this company dearly. If you favorite some one it is understandable but still do not place employees that are not fit to manage a team. Then we see the regionals regretting it after the fact well the other employees have moved on by then. Corrupt and rude PMs/GMs - I had an opportunity to work with a number of them. Most are decent but some are rather questionable and condescending. The current GM I work for is nothing short of an unfit leader. They come in late and work hours that they please ( I have proof). They do not want to teach anything like the other managers you have to ask them and nag and say okay teach me this now please?! The other managers were wonderful- I learned something new each day. They have favorites within the team and admitted that they didn’t care to have me and that I was too strict with the team ( well this current property is a mess so I was communicating errors and things that could be done better. In addition, they gossip behind my back. They are also not results oriented as well. I can’t wait to finish my time here so that I can transfer to continue my work where I am appreciated and valued like I had been. Never seen anything like this in my 3 years with Bozzuto.

3 people found this review helpful

Bozzuto Response

Hello and thank you for your review. I am deeply saddened to hear of your experience with us thus far. Please know I am committed to working with you to ensure you are supported and heard in your feedback. To partner together on this, please reach out to me directly at, srath@bozzuto.com, so we can set up a time to discuss this situation in more detail. I appreciate you coming forward with your feedback and I look forward to connecting soon. Thank you, Stephanie Rath Senior Vice President

9. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Okay Job

18 Jun 2021 - Maintenance Technician in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice buildings and nice owners

Cons

The folks from the ivory tower keep rolling out new ideas but have no idea what it takes daily to manage the building. They take forever to approve proposals and when they’re in the leasing office, they’re hiding behind their computer.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Bozzuto Has Lost Its Way

15 Jun 2021 - Property Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Bozzuto used to be a great company with strong leadership, a robust training department, marketing associates, clear goals, and site support. It is no longer this. It's been a deteriorating experience since 2017. You still get very competitive vacation time, but will never be able to take it when you want because it's "not a good time." I used to be a happy Bozzuto employee and a strong believer in what they stood for. They have lost my trust.

Cons

Bozzuto has lost its way. It has become solely a PR generator; it's learned how to manage its reputation, attract more business, and get positive reviews. However, it has completely abandoned all structure and property support, because it learned it can make more money by NOT having those things. They are focused solely on reputation and growing the business. There is no support for the on site teams, yet Bozzuto continues to increase ways it can micromanage (how many phone calls are you missing? how many residents engaged with you? how many reviews did you get this month? how many checklists did you complete on a software that doesn't even launch properly 70% of the time? and that software--let's make you interact with it more, even though it doesn't work, because we can track you better!). Property managers are stretched unreasonably thin; sites are responsible for their own marketing, HR, and training with almost no guidance. Senior leadership promises change and says they're "listening," but promised information and guidance never comes. Bozzuto has stopped training basic property tasks and instead focuses on soft skills. This has resulted in immense inconsistency in what staff members in certain positions know and don't know. Bozzuto force places employees at your property even if you know they are not a good fit--it is common practice to move problem employees around instead of firing them. Bozzuto makes it too difficult to get rid of problem employees, so be prepared to be stuck with dead weight. Expect to work on your vacations and after hours. Bozzuto grew too quickly over too short a period of time, dismantled their support structure and added all of the support team tasks onto their property managers. They let go many corporate employees and added those tasks onto regional managers, so they no longer have the availability to properly support their sites either. They stopped real training. Then they increased property hours, even for small-staffed properties. Bozzuto cares only about their customers that might leave them a positive review (#1 in online ratings and reviews for 7 years) and their clients (abuse they expect their managers to take from ownership groups that clearly don't align with Bozzuto's supposed values).

1 person found this review helpful