BrighterBox Reviews

Updated 11 Mar 2019

BrighterBox CEO  Charlie Johnson
Charlie Johnson
  1. "An exciting startup with a fantastic team"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at BrighterBox full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are part of a close-knit team which supports each other and creates a happy, friendly but also hardworking atmosphere. You are given the right balance between guidance and autonomy which allows you to develop quickly as an individual and as a recruiter. You work with a lot of exciting startups and learn about different industries and job roles! It's not what you would class as a 'typical recruitment' workplace but it is a fast paced environment which helped me improve my personal work ethic and if you are driven the earning potential is uncapped. If you are outgoing and enjoy talking to new people each day, then it is the job for you! I can also say it is extremely satisfying and rewarding when you make a placement - even after a year I was still fist pumping whenever it happened.

Cons

Recruitment isn't for everyone. If the idea of speaking on the phone to graduates and clients isn't appealing, then it may not be the job for you.

Continue reading
  2. "A personable & human approach to graduate recruiting."

Former Employee - Marketing in London, England

I worked at BrighterBox full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a young startup the team is fairly small but extremely welcoming. Being in charge of all the marketing during my time at BrighterBox, the learning curve was steep but I had some great mentors and picked up a lot of skills and was given a lot of space for creative marketing in terms of social platforms, video and content production. BrighterBox really cares about adding value to help both graduates & startups and this framework is essential to develop professionally and personally especially for graduates. The team socials are out-of-the-box (think: music festivals, bingo rave events, food market lunch walkabouts) which are a great plus.

Cons

Implementation of ideas sometimes take longer than scheduled, often to due the busy schedules, common amongst teams working in a startup.

"Nothing like I imagined recruitment would be!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Clerkenwell, England

I worked at BrighterBox full-time for less than a year

Pros

Before working at BrighterBox, I didn’t really know what recruitment involved. Like many others, I think I probably subscribed to that stereotype of a “recruiter” as that dude in an ill-fitting three-piece, desperately pushing a telesales roles in your face so they can smash their quarterly targets. My experience of recruitment at BrighterBox could not have been any further from this. Within a month, I found myself working directly alongside the founders of other cool entrepreneurial startups, and it was rewarding to build relationships with them and to play an instrumental role in growing their businesses. I also spent my time chatting to many friendly grads, and I was really invested in helping them to find their perfect job. I even feel like I’ve left with some new friends. The team at BrighterBox is small and friendly. Charlie the CEO is lovely and always on hand to offer support (and general football-related patter), whilst at the same time affording you the kind of independence and responsibility that your more corporate-minded friends/drones would kill for. Team outings to the local food markets (Leather Lane and Exmouth Market) are naughty and nice in equal measure.

Cons

People are hopeless at replying to emails, particularly from recruiters. This can be both frustrating and perplexing, particularly when you’re contacting them about something that you know they specifically want. Given the reputation of the recruitment industry, this is probably unsurprising, but this sort of cyber-flakiness is something you should prepare yourself for. That being said, the BrighterBox WhatsApp phone was a massive lifesaver. A cheeky WhatsApp guarantees a reply in minutes!

"Fantastic start-up"

I worked at BrighterBox full-time

Pros

This small team know how to do grad recruitment. They are young but knowledgable and experienced in their field, hardworking but know how to have fun and overall great people to be around. Working here is a big learning experience as you have to get stuck in with everything and not be afraid to step up. Perfect first job to get you started with opportunity for your career to grow alongside the business.

Cons

Not a con for me but it is a small team - if you're looking for a large corporate this place isn't for you.

Continue reading

"The perfect graduate job"

Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at BrighterBox full-time for less than a year

Pros

I honestly learned so much at BrighterBox during my time there. I was given a lot of responsibility, and able to use my own initiative, which doesn't happen in a graduate role. I felt supported when I needed guidance, but also encouraged to make my own decisions. I was allowed to assist and therefore grow in the areas that interested me, and learned more in 6 months there than I would have in 2 years somewhere else. Above all it was a joy to come to work everyday, it felt casual yet professional, I was allowed to go to the gym during the day so long as I didn't fall behind on the work, and I needed the gym because I ate at the market every single day (I was spoiled for good food in that area). I'm still putting to use what I learned every day as I am now working for myself. Couldn't thank the guys at BBox more for their support.

Cons

There are always minstrels, candy and cookies in the office.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.