Builtvisible Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 11 Sep 2019

3.9
Builtvisible CEO Geoff Griffiths
Geoff Griffiths

"Such an Amazing Workplace"

Former Employee - Senior SEO EXECUTIVE in London, England

I worked at Builtvisible full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Exceptional knowledge throughout the teams in various areas 2. High standards when it comes to the quality of the work delivered to clients 3. Professional development is supported and encouraged by all members of the team 4. Task diversity 5. Great company culture and really great team members

Cons

To be fair, my experience was simply great. There are no 'cons' I can think of.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, it's important not to lose the family spirit everyone shares right now.

Builtvisible2019-08-08

August 19, 2019Managing Director

Ahh thanks so much for such a positive review! I am so glad you enjoyed your time here so much and appreciated the time and effort we put in to our service offering and personal development. You are completely right about keeping an eye on the family spirit we have here. I consider it one of the biggest challenges of growing. Our new office, team structures, socials etc. all help this along, but equally I am really grateful for you buying in to this during your time here as well as it is a complete team effort :) Thank and good luck!

"High Level Work and Awesome People"

Former Employee - SEO Consultant in London, England

I worked at Builtvisible full-time for more than a year

Pros

Variety of work and not at all process heavy which means you get the chance to investigate site issues rather than create cookie-cutter documents. Loved the freedom and trust I was given to plan and deliver my tasks. The knowledge across all teams is exceptional and means that you can easily have conversations that teach you loads.

Cons

Workload and resourcing remain issues and the office is quiet with most people having headphones on and head buried in the work.....changes when beer taps or a pub happen though!

Advice to Management

Make sure you recognise the talented individuals in the team and promote them in a timely manner. Sort out recruiting and resourcing so people aren't either frantic or twiddling their thumbs! Make sure as you continue to expand you don't lose the things that make Builtvisible great and become just another agency.

Builtvisible2019-08-07

August 19, 2019Managing Director

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a useful review! Really glad you enjoyed both the freedom to do what you do as well as the opportunity to learn every day, and thanks so much for buying in to that culture :) Workload and resourcing are both very complex issues which we know still produce a bit of a "feast of famine" scenario sometimes - we are working incredibly hard to get the balance right across all three departments of the business by tying sales, resourcing, personal development, product development, training, marketing etc. all together to strike it right while continuing to provide the excellent service we are known for. As we expand more and more of my focus is spent on making sure we don't become just another agency - thanks so much for caring enough to offer this as feedback it is a strong reinforcement of how we operate and reiterates how important it is! Thanks again :)

3. "Lack of long-term vision and LOTS of micro-managing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Builtvisible full-time for more than a year

Pros

1. Great experience working with a variety of clients in different industries. 2. Situated in a WeWork, offers lots of opportunities to engage with other WeWork members and attend communal events. 3. Pay is above average for the industry with a benefits plan to match.

Cons

1. No job security or stability within your role or department. 2. Lack of long term vision to what the next three to five years look like. 3. Heavy drinking/party culture. Often criticised if you miss events and will reflect negatively in performance reviews. 3. No training or formal on-boarding program, left to defend yourself. 4. Managers/MD were unsupportive and micro-managed. 5. Isn't a 'feedback culture',... everything is taken personally.

Advice to Management

- Live up to the values you created (without insight from employees) instead of only preaching about them. - Have a formal 'exit interview' process for every employee - As other reviewers mentioned, realise there is a fundamental problem when everyone is saying the same thing.

Builtvisible2019-09-11

"Working at BV is like working with your family!"

Former Employee - Content Consultant in London, England

I worked at Builtvisible full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company culture. The culture is so great, everyone is such a fun lovely bunch and get on like a house on fire. We love a good night out and a few (too many) Friday after work drinks too! Career development. Especially in the content team where I worked, its really easy to grow within your role as the director Rebecca is amazing and really listens to how you want to grow and will help make it possible. Training.... Nobody will scrutinise you for asking too many questions and theres more than enough training in place. If you want to learn about other areas you can also join in other training sessions (particularly the analytics sessions run by Tom are insanely valuable). People. Not only is everyone super lovely, they are also extremely talented and skilled - such a great and hard working group! Also theres a really flat hierarchy which comes from managing director Geoff being so relaxed and helpful too that coming to work is actually really fun as you're always amongst your friends.

Cons

Inevitably, BV could work on some of the processes to do with communication between sales and AM's as well as the creative and content team working together. Luckily Builtvisible is always working on improving processes so I am sure this is work in progress already.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do, if it wasn't for me moving away from London I'd 1000% still be working here as I absolutely love all of you!

Builtvisible2019-05-12

August 19, 2019Managing Director

Thanks so much for this amazing review! The pros you have listed are all things we put a huge amount of effort in to facilitating as a management team and yes we are all very proud of the people we have here :) I completely agree with your comments RE being better joined up with internal comms as this is one of the biggest challenges we face as we grow and evolve as a business. We spend an enormous amount of time building and refining processes such as the introduction of more formalised account management, and acknowledgement/open feedback really helps us get where we want to be faster! Thanks again, good luck and see you soon for deskies no doubt!

"Here is the review you asked for but it is not positive like you asked for"

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance Some very skilled people

Cons

Asking us to leave positive reviews on Glassdoor (to be fair, it seems to be working!), people who are close to CEO is getting promotions and not the ones showing the highest level of performance, sales team is over-promising, leaving others to pick up the pieces. The company is relying on a few key people who don't get enough recognition.

Advice to Management

Instead of claiming that reviews that you disagree with are fake, realise there is a problem.

Builtvisible2019-05-10

"Terrible place to work."

I worked at Builtvisible full-time

Pros

Office location, flexible working times and company days out.

Cons

No training, clear favouritism and segregation, projects are incredibly short, no long term vision, very "quick turnaround" sighted, SEO company acting as an agency. It’s not somewhere you want to be long term.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who have left and make changes. You’re clearly doing something wrong if they’re all saying the same thing. All the good reviews are from current employees which leads to believe they are coerced reviews. Do better.

Builtvisible2019-04-04

April 9, 2019Managing Director

If this review is genuine, the coherent parts of it do a real disservice to a wonderful group of people who love what they do and have a great time doing it together. Given none of the above has come up in any exit interviews, I would be happy to discuss any specifics with you - feel free to drop me a line - geoff@builtvisible.com :)

"The best place I've ever worked! :)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time for more than a year

Pros

Joining at Builtvisible has been the best career move I've made so far. It's a really collaborative, ambitious and exciting environment to work in. The agency has a really high standard in terms of hiring which means you learn incredible amounts from the people around you everyday. The content campaigns we run are unique and exciting- everyone cares about the work they do which makes coming in to the office... a real pleasure. The social side of things are great too! The office has a free bar, free breakfasts and we regularly socialise together.

Cons

Honestly, there are none from me.

Builtvisible2018-11-15

"Great atmosphere, a smart and fun team, and loads of opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been at Builtvisible for many years now, starting out as a junior but progressing quickly thanks to the excellent support structure. Everyone is very friendly, funny, and welcoming, and the company culture is great - lots of socials, events, shared side projects, etc. The management structure is very flat and there are lots of opportunities for career progression and training. The company hires very smart... people and the level of knowledge is extremely high, but everyone's always willing to help each other out. The agency has great relationships with all its clients, which makes a huge difference to the day-to-day - we're afforded a high level of trust when it comes to trying new things, and the work is challenging and varied. Better pay than comparable roles at other agencies, and a really good benefits package (pension, anniversary bonus, private healthcare, gym discount, etc)

Cons

The agency has outgrown its current office, and people are siloed between floors. However that's changing very soon, since we're moving to a huge new place with a private roof terrace!

Builtvisible2018-05-08

May 10, 2018Managing Director

Thank you so much for your review! We have a load of people who have been here for a long time now which is testament to the people and culture we have, as well as the amazing work we get to consistently deliver for our clients. Really glad you find it so rewarding and yes - looking forward to getting everyone in one room in September!

"They do not value talent"

I worked at Builtvisible full-time

Pros

Bright & inspirational people Good training

Cons

Clear favouritism with close knitted group getting better treatment than everyone else not particularly inclusive/welcoming to new staff micro managing

Builtvisible2018-05-03

May 10, 2018Managing Director

Obviously quite disengaged here, which is a shame (and rare, thankfully). This would lead me to question the validity of the claims/perception of our wonderful agency. We clearly value talent hugely – our people are our best asset and we invest heavily in their development through training (which is listed as a pro above?). We wouldn’t do this if we didn’t value the talent we have. People who buy in to the culture of Builtvisible get a huge amount out of the company and their talent really flourishes. Seeing this happen is one of the most satisfying parts of my job! We have a very flat management structure which means any form of favouritism or preferential treatment can’t really exist. The senior team are directly accountable to both themselves as well as their lines, and no one can make a decision without a peer group reviewing it. Things like our annual profit share bonus scheme show we are constantly looking for situations where everyone wins and enjoys success fairly :) New staff on-boarding could always do with work, sure, but we are such a friendly bunch I find this one a little difficult to believe. The experience of joining Builtvisible has been an overwhelmingly enjoyable one in almost every other instance I can recall. I always say if people make the choice to move on, then it was probably right for them at that time, and if Builtvisible has been able to help them achieve their career goals then I am delighted. It looks like there was a bit of disengagement in this instance which is a real shame, but I haven’t seen it with people who have bought in to what we are all about.

"A company full of bright, funny and ambitious people - the sky's the limit"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We have a great culture of support, respect and curiosity, we're not afraid of trying new things and we're all constantly learning from each other. I've been working at Builtvisible for 3 and a half years and I have loved the entire experience. I started as a junior and I have progressed quickly thanks to excellent training, support and exposure to a huge variety of projects and client work. I get to work with... some of the brightest people I've ever met and I'm inspired by them everyday. We have loads of fun on weekly socials and lunchtime is like sitting around the family table - a really important part of our day. Our clients are amazing and really trust us and our work. We're moving offices soon and there's going to be an awesome private roof terrace! Cannot wait.

Cons

Currently, we're in a 4 storey building which makes things a little annoying, but we are moving to a new office soon where we'll all be on one floor.

Builtvisible2018-03-20

March 22, 2018Managing Director

Thanks so much for this review! It feels so good to know our amazing team is that invested in the business and what we're trying to achieve :)

Found 20 reviews