Builtvisible Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.3
Builtvisible Managing Director Geoff Griffiths
Geoff Griffiths

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The best place I've ever worked! :)"

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Joining at Builtvisible has been the best career move I've made so far. It's a really collaborative, ambitious and exciting environment to work in.

The agency has a really high standard in terms of hiring which means you learn incredible amounts from the people around you everyday.

The content campaigns we run are unique and exciting- everyone cares about the work they do which makes coming in to the office a real pleasure.

The social side of things are great too! The office has a free bar, free breakfasts and we regularly socialise together.

Cons

Honestly, there are none from me.

"Great atmosphere, a smart and fun team, and loads of opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Builtvisible for many years now, starting out as a junior but progressing quickly thanks to the excellent support structure.
    Everyone is very friendly, funny, and welcoming, and the company culture is great - lots of socials, events, shared side projects, etc.
    The management structure is very flat and there are lots of opportunities for career progression and training.
    The company hires very smart people and the level of knowledge is extremely high, but everyone's always willing to help each other out.
    The agency has great relationships with all its clients, which makes a huge difference to the day-to-day - we're afforded a high level of trust when it comes to trying new things, and the work is challenging and varied.
    Better pay than comparable roles at other agencies, and a really good benefits package (pension, anniversary bonus, private healthcare, gym discount, etc)

Cons

The agency has outgrown its current office, and people are siloed between floors. However that's changing very soon, since we're moving to a huge new place with a private roof terrace!

10 May 2018 – Managing Director

Thank you so much for your review!

We have a load of people who have been here for a long time now which is testament to the people and culture we have, as well as the amazing work we get to... More

3. "They do not value talent"

I worked at Builtvisible full-time

Pros

Bright & inspirational people
    Good training

Cons

Clear favouritism with close knitted group getting better treatment than everyone else
    not particularly inclusive/welcoming to new staff
    micro managing

10 May 2018 – Managing Director

Obviously quite disengaged here, which is a shame (and rare, thankfully). This would lead me to question the validity of the claims/perception of our wonderful agency.

We clearly value talent... More

"A company full of bright, funny and ambitious people - the sky's the limit"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Content Marketing Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have a great culture of support, respect and curiosity, we're not afraid of trying new things and we're all constantly learning from each other.
    I've been working at Builtvisible for 3 and a half years and I have loved the entire experience. I started as a junior and I have progressed quickly thanks to excellent training, support and exposure to a huge variety of projects and client work.
    I get to work with some of the brightest people I've ever met and I'm inspired by them everyday.
    We have loads of fun on weekly socials and lunchtime is like sitting around the family table - a really important part of our day.
    Our clients are amazing and really trust us and our work.
    We're moving offices soon and there's going to be an awesome private roof terrace! Cannot wait.

Cons

Currently, we're in a 4 storey building which makes things a little annoying, but we are moving to a new office soon where we'll all be on one floor.

22 Mar 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks so much for this review! It feels so good to know our amazing team is that invested in the business and what we're trying to achieve :)

5. "Executive"

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time

Pros

Great training initiatives
    Get the opportunity to work with some inspiring and intelligent people
    Diverse clients and projects
    Socials and drinks on Fridays with colleagues
    Strong team mentality and support systems
    A lot of learning and development

Cons

Lack of communication across the three teams/floors
    Time allocation for projects needs some work

22 Mar 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback!

Really glad you value all the training we provide - we love investing time in great people :)

Time allocation is a big one for us at the moment and... More

6. "Smart and knowledgeable people, although sometimes a bit quiet"

Current Employee - SEO Consultant
    Current Employee - SEO Consultant

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A core of some of the most knowledgeable and open to sharing professionals in the SEO industry
    A flat senior management structure that is very approachable and listens
    Better compensation than other comparable agencies
    Fewer retained clients to manage, more project work
    Refreshing approach to account management, with no separate underskilled CS team

Cons

It can feel like people are only talking through Skype
    Annoying office procedures thanks to self-managed building (but moving this year)
    Some inconsistent internal comms for agency news, round ups & goings on

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, but maybe tell us more about what is going on and involve smaller teams in the decisions you're making. Like round tables, perhaps, or something that makes newer members of staff bought in to the agency's direction.

Better induction process for new starters getting to grips with how the agency sees itself, where it wants to go, how people can contribute. Seen examples with a video from the CEO to new starters wishing them luck, think this could be useful.

22 Mar 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks so much for the review!

Really glad you value an approachable senior management team - that is a core part of working here.

As we grow communication throughout the business gets more... More

7. "Relaxed agency atmosphere"

Current Employee - Designer in London, England
    Current Employee - Designer in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible (More than a year)

Pros

Working as a designer at Builtvisible is quite exciting. You have to collaborate really closely with the content team and you can really make a difference by helping shape the project in the best way possible. The colleagues are very friendly and the variety of roles in the company can really help you understand the various sides of the industry.

Personal development is a fundamental part of the company. We’re not only encouraged to attend external events, but they also offer internal training sessions and workshops.

Cons

The floor division can make the communication a bit difficult sometimes, but we’re soon going to move to a brand new building!

22 Mar 2018 – Managing Director

Hey thanks for the review!

Your pros are both values I hold very dear. Our production team is at the core of our agency and I love nothing more than seeing you guys collaborating with both wider... More

"Plenty of training and learning opportunities"

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time

Pros

I joined Builtvisible almost a year ago and it’s one of the best places I’ve worked at. I’ve learned a lot from my peers and management and would definitely recommend it for people who want to keep learning and improving. The company offers plenty of training and learning opportunities.
    Work life balance is really good too and the company has great benefits and a fun environment (with plenty of socials and beers at 4 every Friday)

Cons

None, very good experience and would definitely recommend it

12 Feb 2018 – Managing Director

Thank you so much!

I personally love coming to work every day so it is great to know people feel the same.

Striking a healthy work-life balance is a really important thing for me, and I would... More

9. "Overall brill agency to work for"

Current Employee - Technical SEO Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Technical SEO Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great/friendly company culture
    Senior team always happy to help
    Top notch internal training
    Ahead of the curve with product offerings
    Diverse clients

Cons

Sporadic workload in recent months - few too many quiet periods and lack of challenges
    Current office layout isn't ideal, with different departments being split over multiple floors

12 Feb 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks so much for leaving a review!

A transparent and available senior team is really important to me so glad you value that!

On that note, we are always around to listen to concerns on... More

"Brilliant agency with an excellent team and fantastic clients"

I have been working at Builtvisible full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Brilliant team, full of intelligent people who genuinely care about the work they do
    - Every Friday everyone has a few beers together
    - Lots of opportunity to learn, no matter how senior/junior you are
    - Great client relationships
    - Flexible working hours
    - Senior management are open to new ideas and never micro-manage
    - Generally a really positive and fun atmosphere and a happy place to work!

Cons

At present the office is split into 3 floors, and one open plan office would be great so the whole team can be in the same space. Apart from that- nothing!

11 Jan 2018 – Managing Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review!

I love the pros you have listed as they are all super-important to us as a management team, so it means a lot to see those valued.

On... More