Buyagift Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Buyagift Reviews

Updated 20 Oct 2019

4.5
Buyagift CEO Dan Mountain (no image)
Dan Mountain
  1. "A fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working for Buyagift is fantastic. Everyone is really motivated and the team is always so encouraging. They really look after the staff such as coffee machines, pool tables, beers on fridays and for every event throughout the year they always have something fun for everyone. They love charity which is great and give you 5 days to do any form of charity you want to do. The hours are great 9.-5.30. Everyone is really... helpful and understanding. Great work life balance. Great pension and health care plan. Massage fridays is an extra treat aswell. Love driving to work instead of getting the train plus it wasnt long soon after i started that i got a parking space.

Cons

No bonus scheme for employees. Early friday finishes. flexi hours.

Advice to Management

Sort out a bonus scheme.

Buyagift2018-12-04
  2. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Digital Designer

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, lots of perks, including; flat biscuit Tuesdays, breakfast Wednesdays, classes etc. Growing fast

Cons

Progression might be a little slow depending on your department

Buyagift2019-10-21

"Buyagift"

I worked at Buyagift full-time

Pros

- Discount on products - Some customers are lovely! - CEO is LOVELY and one of the nicest and most sincere people you will have ever met. - HR team is wonderful and helpful!

Cons

- Extremely cliquey ESPECIALLY at events, it makes it hard to communicate with people outside of your department. - Some staff get special treatment based on how long they've been there or when liked by supervisors - Not enough training provided on the system and when asking a question, one particular supervisor was quite rude when you had an issue, hence why people often went to the other.

Advice to Management

Please don't come across cliquey. This was of course ONLY in my department, other departments seem to get along fine.

Buyagift2019-01-22
  4. "Exciting company with a great work life balance"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Borehamwood, England

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ever growing company with a lot of resources and a well known brand. Company provides access to a lot of tools and learning opportunities that allow you to grow in your role quite quickly. There's no strict hierarchy and you can showcase your ideas directly to senior managers and get them implemented relatively quickly. Colleagues are very motivated and also fun to be around. No backstabbing or power games. We sell... exciting products and we can try them ourselves - loyalty is rewarded with £100 towards experiences each year. We have every possible entertainment available (pool table, darts, arcade machine, table tennis, table football, xbox etc.) and we have regular events at the office (Pizza Fridays, beer o'clock, massage fridays, charity events, bake sales etc.). Quite a generous benefits package - great pension scheme, very good health insurance, subsidised gym memberships, enhanced maternity policy (18 weeks paid), childcare vouchers etc.

Cons

No company wide bonus scheme, location for people who don't live nearby (journey from he train station is approx. 15 min), people are not encouraged to work from home.

Buyagift2018-11-29
  5. "Great atmosphere and progression opportunities"

I have been working at Buyagift full-time

Pros

Great team Freedom to get things done Successful business Fun product Lots of social events Funky offices

Cons

Location isn't great Systems should be updated

Buyagift2018-11-02
  6. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Buyagift full-time

Pros

Fun and friendly, great offices, pizza friday and massage fridays! plus friday afternoon beers. fast paced company where everyone knows their specialism

Cons

not everyone has a parking space and it's a 10 minute walk to the station - not too bad but not so good in the rain!

Advice to Management

following the acquisition of red letter days there are a lot of new people - some event or way of getting to know who is who would be good

Buyagift2018-10-30
  7. "A great place to work!"

Current Employee - SEO Content Manager in Saint Albans, England

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Really friendly working environment - Fruit Wednesdays - Massage Fridays - Plenty of socials throughout the year with 2 big ones in summer/Christmas - Lots of training and support provided - Nice modern offices

Cons

- No flexible working hours

Buyagift2018-10-30

"The Wonderful Carol Smith"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Borehamwood, England

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for less than a year

Pros

Since working here I have had a great experience and Carol Smith has been a fantastic support through this. She really looks after us and as a new employee has made me feel extremely welcome.

Cons

Cannot think of a one

Buyagift2018-10-23
  9. "Buyagift"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Borehamwood, England

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Massage Fridays Social Events Family Friendly Massage Friday Always something fun going on! Everyone works hard towards the success of the company Rewarded for hard work

Cons

No working from home Not much flexibility on hours worked etc. You tend to be micro managed

Advice to Management

Only employ people that you trust and then trust those people to work hard and allow more flexibility.

Buyagift2018-10-31
  10. "Excellent place to work"

I have been working at Buyagift full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place to work as long as you get on with your job they treat you like an adult!

Cons

A little small for good career progression

Buyagift2018-05-11