Buzzacott Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Buzzacott Reviews

Found 31 reviews

4.4
Tony Hopson
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Supervisor in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I've been working for Buzzacott for over 5 years now. This company offers career growth, trainings, it's great work environment and the team members are very friendly. It also offers countless benefits and looks after it's employees. I could not agree less with another comment in here - Buzzacott’s work culture is friendly, hard-working and non-hierarchical (i.e. Everyone is helpful whatever their job title is and everyone...

Cons

Currently undergoing PC change to laptops, which could be a bit quicker

Buzzacott2019-04-16

May 1, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our values and culture so we are pleased to hear about your positive experience.

2. "VAT compliance - client executive"

I worked at Buzzacott full-time

Pros

Pros not seen in that period (in that team).

Cons

Poor management style (lack of trust, poor communication, micromanagement, bad attitude).

Buzzacott2019-04-03

April 15, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are really sorry to hear that your time working at Buzzacott was not a pleasant experience. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and will pass on your comments.

3. "4+ Years & Still Exceeding Expectations"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Open, friendly working environment. - Great opportunities to grow both personally (with volunteering opportunities) and professionally (with fully paid study for professional qualifications). - Real personal touch. Despite fast growth in a professional industry Buzzacott has not lost its personal touch and personable approach. I do believe this is one of Buzzacott's strongest attributes.

Cons

- Work-life balance. I understand from personal experience the struggle to maintain a good work-life balance whilst working through studies & at times this can feel a bit overwhelming. That being said, I do not think this is a con specific to Buzzacott and would be faced in any similar roles across the industry. I can also say honestly, that I always felt well supported and felt comfortable asking for help when needed.

Advice to Management

Although Buzzacott offers excellent career progression opportunities, they should consider offering some form of TOIL/overtime to levels between Manager - Senior Manager. Specifically where a considerable amount of overtime is worked - as this makes the step from Assistant manager to Manager far less attractive.

Buzzacott2019-02-13

April 9, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are really pleased to hear you enjoy working at Buzzacott and will be taking your suggestions into consideration.

4. "Excellent"

Current Employee - Audit Associate

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

- People are very social and happy to help - A diverse range of clients within the corporate team - Relaxed environment - Modern office space internally.

Cons

No downsides so far during my time here.

Advice to Management

- Acquire a larger office space in a building that looks better from the outside. - Offer a £3 daily lunch allowance for graduates/apprentices -Offer private health insurance for everyone after 6 months of employment

Buzzacott2019-01-01

April 9, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your suggestions, as we are constantly looking at how we can improve our workplace.

5. "Graduate Experience"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly staff . A culture of retaining staff and promoting them through the ranks. Good work life balance, flexi time, paid overtime or TOIL. Great social culture, plenty of nights out and team lunches/ dinners. Brilliant location beside St. Paul's, convenient to get to and generally a very nice area to work in. Professional training which is fully paid for and supported by the company, including paid study...

Cons

It can feel overwhelming at first, particularly if you are new to tax. There is a week of intense training before you begin, which is a lot to take in, but absolutely necessary in order to give you a foundation from which you can begin work.

Advice to Management

I would try and stagger the training more, if possible, in order to make it easier to digest.

Buzzacott2018-10-08

October 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review - it's great to hear that you've had a positive experience so far with us. As you said, the training is necessary, but I have passed on your suggestion that we stagger it a bit more.

6. "Accounts Senior"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have found all the staff at Buzzacott very friendly and helpful. Staff at all levels are willing to help on any queries you may have. I have only been here a short time but I feel as if they value their staff and want to create a working envirnonment where people are happy.

Cons

No cons discovered so far.

Buzzacott2018-09-14

October 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are very pleased that you are finding everyone here friendly and helpful.

• "Auditor"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Team environment, friendly work environment

Cons

There are none up to this point

Buzzacott2018-09-08

October 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review. We are very pleased that you are finding the environment so friendly and collaborative.

• "Friendly, Hard-Working and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Buzzacott’s work culture is friendly, hard-working and non-hierarchical (i.e. Everyone is helpful whatever their job title is and everyone is always willing to help whether it’s something minor or major)

Cons

Been here for 5 months and none so far!

Buzzacott2018-05-09

May 10, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks you for your feedback! That is definitely the work culture we are striving to foster, so it's always great to hear that is how people are experiencing it.

• "Payroll Assistant"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly environment, all the staff are welcoming, instantly feel part of the team. Training provided is brilliant, lots of room for progression!

Cons

More one to one reviews

Buzzacott2018-02-14

February 23, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We think the friendly & approachable culture is part of what makes Buzzacott unique so it's great to hear that your experience aligns with that.

• "Audit Manager"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The growth of the firm in the last few years - and the expected growth to come - means that there are plenty of promotion opportunities and opportunities to diversify. I joined as a senior and have since been promoted to supervisor than manager. Having everyone under one roof in the UK also makes it easy to get to know other teams and ask questions on the various specialisms of the firm.

Cons

I had some reservations when I joined Buzzacott 4 years ago because I came from a much smaller firm. I expected my colleagues to be intelligent people that are good at their job, which they are, but I was also happily suprised to see how friendly and approachable everyone is.

Advice to Management

Continue providing feedback and being open and honest with everyone.

Buzzacott2018-01-23