Buzzacott Reviews

Updated 9 Feb 2021

4.2
Buzzacott Managing Partner Tony Hopson  (no image)
Tony Hopson
Pros
  • "Open, friendly working environment(in 9 reviews)

• "Good supportive environment, plenty of scope for development, wealth of talent, very friendly colleagues, great social events and competitive pay rates(in 7 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

The firm provides fantastic development opportunities, not only in terms of access to learning materials, but also through exposure to Partners. I have been given full responsibility for a portfolio of clients but receive extensive support from my seniors whenever I request it. Both positive and negative feedback is delivered fairly and constructively. My manager sets challenging, but achievable performance goals, and there is no question that strong performance is rewarded.

Cons

Hard for members of smaller teams to integrate with other, larger teams within the firm owing to office layout. No clear firm policy on how work performed for other teams is recognised can often lead to frustration.

Continue reading

November 3, 2020Talent Manager

We are very pleased to hear that you find Buzzacott to be a fantastic place to work and are receiving plenty of support and challenging work. Your comments on team integration have been forward to senior management.

2. "Great company"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Buzzacott full-time

Pros

Most of the teams are very well-managed. They strike a balance between traditional and modern that is hard to find. There are many social events and teambuilding activities.

Cons

The pay is very average and could be better, especially for a company of that size.

February 15, 2021Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's great to hear you find Buzzacott strikes the right balance and that you appreciated the social events. In regards to our approach to pay, we carry out bi-annual market reviews to ensure our salaries are in line with, or higher than our competitors.

3. "Good, friendly place to work for"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great social environment, an employer that really looks out for employees

Cons

Not a lot of training available

February 15, 2021Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

4. "Great starting point"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team spirit amongst piers, with small groups of graduates joining every six month

Cons

Felt like a number in the company as a whole.

December 9, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your review. It's nice to hear you found a good team spirit on the team.

5. "Working at Buzzacott"

Former Employee - Assistant Client Executive in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

in top 20 accounting firms

Cons

Hectic busy poor training stressful

December 9, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your review. Your feedback has been passed onto the team.

6. "Great"

Former Employee - Software Developer in High Wycombe, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome to work there definitely

Cons

Nothing at all company is great

November 3, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your feedback. As we don't have software developers at Buzzacott, I'm not sure which team to forward your positive feedback to. Would you be happy to email me at tahounl@buzzacott.co.uk to let me know?

7. COVID-19

"Brilliant Buzzacott"

Current Employee - Management Accountant in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having just had my two year anniversary at the firm, I can safely say that Buzzacott is a great place to work. The people are what really make Buzzacott the firm it is, I have felt welcomed and supported since day one. I have had great interaction with many of the Partners and Team Leaders reviewing management accounts and budgets with me and received great feedback. The firm are happy to support training and CPD courses. The office is in a great location, with views of StPauls from the 6th floor. Working from home during Covid-19 has been seamless and my team have managed to achieve business as usual, having team meetings each morning over Microsoft Teams. I am looking forward to getting back to the office in hopefully the not too distant future.

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any cons, perhaps the air conditioning from time to time.

September 2, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for leaving your review. It's lovely to hear that you feel so supported since joining us, including during the current climate!

"Great place and great people"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversity of roles and great people

Cons

Toilets are sometimes a little crowded!

March 11, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always great to hear feedback.

9. "An employer that really cares"

Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Buzzacott is the most amazing employer to work for. A company that really cares about its people. Partners are very open and you get lots of access to them. Some are even funny! This firm really invests in you. Opportunity to go on lots of training courses, will invest in new products to help you with your job. Very social company, lots going. They also have a dress up ball and summer bbq, all free for you and your family as well as other events throughout the year. Really easy to make friends which helped with moving to new city. Loved being a part of the Marketing team, had so much fun and the team generally got along. Team management hired for personality and team fit, which was really good. Lots of freedom in the marketing team to try new things. Team management were always encouraging, never scolded you for mistakes and gave you plenty support and mentoring. Great place to start Marketing career. Professional support teams were a tight knit unit which was great to have IT, HR, Finance, CSR and House work on a lot of projects with each other and socialise. Managing Partner Tony was great, really down to earth and always present at socials.

Cons

Although I loved the marketing team, team management did make some bad choices on major expensive projects, spent quite frivolously and were quite rigid in responding and adapting to concerns from fee earners, which meant that the team had a poor reputation as a whole within the firm. This because quite frustrating and disheartening at times. You have quite a lot of responsibility without title and pay. Execs manage 6 figure budgets and multiple teams - that would be a manager role in other firms. Team structure was flat, so no progression which is probably why Marketing team has high turnover. Outsourced a lot rather than bringing much needed skills in house. People used to call us ‘the outsourcers’

Continue reading

May 26, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you very much for your review - it’s great to hear that you felt like part of a firm that supported and invested in you. Thank you also for your specific feedback on team structure and resource allocation. We work hard to ensure teams and job roles are tailored to the needs of the firm, its people and its clients, so we take this feedback on board . We’re really pleased you enjoyed your time at Buzzacott overall – and that you had fun too!

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Generic PA/Administrative in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Buzzacott just 4 months ago, however I feel like I’ve worked there for years! A very friendly, supportive and professional firm to work for, with a work-hard play-hard ethos. Lots of team and firm-wide events so you can get to know your colleagues. Great location.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

January 28, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are finding Buzzacott friendly and supportive.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 46 English Reviews