Buzzacott Reviews

Updated 17 Jul 2020

4.2
Buzzacott Managing Partner Tony Hopson  (no image)
Tony Hopson
  1. COVID-19

"Brilliant Buzzacott"

Current Employee - Management Accountant in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having just had my two year anniversary at the firm, I can safely say that Buzzacott is a great place to work. The people are what really make Buzzacott the firm it is, I have felt welcomed and supported since day one. I have had great interaction with many of the Partners and Team Leaders reviewing management accounts and budgets with me and received great feedback. The firm are happy to support training and CPD courses. The office is in a great location, with views of StPauls from the 6th floor. Working from home during Covid-19 has been seamless and my team have managed to achieve business as usual, having team meetings each morning over Microsoft Teams. I am looking forward to getting back to the office in hopefully the not too distant future.

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any cons, perhaps the air conditioning from time to time.

2. "An employer that really cares"

4.0
    Former Employee - Marketing Executive in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Buzzacott is the most amazing employer to work for. A company that really cares about its people. Partners are very open and you get lots of access to them. Some are even funny! This firm really invests in you. Opportunity to go on lots of training courses, will invest in new products to help you with your job. Very social company, lots going. They also have a dress up ball and summer bbq, all free for you and your family as well as other events throughout the year. Really easy to make friends which helped with moving to new city. Loved being a part of the Marketing team, had so much fun and the team generally got along. Team management hired for personality and team fit, which was really good. Lots of freedom in the marketing team to try new things. Team management were always encouraging, never scolded you for mistakes and gave you plenty support and mentoring. Great place to start Marketing career. Professional support teams were a tight knit unit which was great to have IT, HR, Finance, CSR and House work on a lot of projects with each other and socialise. Managing Partner Tony was great, really down to earth and always present at socials.

Cons

Although I loved the marketing team, team management did make some bad choices on major expensive projects, spent quite frivolously and were quite rigid in responding and adapting to concerns from fee earners, which meant that the team had a poor reputation as a whole within the firm. This because quite frustrating and disheartening at times. You have quite a lot of responsibility without title and pay. Execs manage 6 figure budgets and multiple teams - that would be a manager role in other firms. Team structure was flat, so no progression which is probably why Marketing team has high turnover. Outsourced a lot rather than bringing much needed skills in house. People used to call us ‘the outsourcers’

May 26, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you very much for your review - it’s great to hear that you felt like part of a firm that supported and invested in you. Thank you also for your specific feedback on team structure and resource allocation. We work hard to ensure teams and job roles are tailored to the needs of the firm, its people and its clients, so we take this feedback on board . We’re really pleased you enjoyed your time at Buzzacott overall – and that you had fun too!

"Great place and great people"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversity of roles and great people

Cons

Toilets are sometimes a little crowded!

March 11, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's always great to hear feedback.

4. "Good"

2.0
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time

Pros

Good people, good work life balance

Cons

Pay slightly below market rate

March 11, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your review and it's nice to hear you find the people and work/life balance at Buzzacott to be good.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Generic PA/Administrative in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Buzzacott just 4 months ago, however I feel like I’ve worked there for years! A very friendly, supportive and professional firm to work for, with a work-hard play-hard ethos. Lots of team and firm-wide events so you can get to know your colleagues. Great location.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

January 28, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you are finding Buzzacott friendly and supportive.

6. "Overall, my experience at Buzzacott has been very positive."

Current Employee - Payroll Officer

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good supportive environment, plenty of scope for development, wealth of talent, very friendly colleagues, great social events and competitive pay rates. Lovely location also which is easily accessible.

Cons

Perhaps more bathroom facilities given the number of people that work here.

January 28, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your positive comments. We will indeed continue what we're doing!

7. "Western Sweatshop Mentality"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Flexible work pattern - Great offers on free snacks and beverages

Cons

- Strict sickness policies - Comparatively low salary - Inequality - Intimidation is the key to success mentality - Bad communication between employees and management - Little training support

January 29, 2020Talent Manager

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback, As a training firm, we provide considerable support for our team members to develop their skills and gain professional qualifications. We carry out bi-annual market reviews to ensure our salaries and benefits (including our approach to absence) are in line with our competitors, and then seek to offer above this. Our CSR report for 2019-20 will be released shortly, providing an insight to our approach to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion, and will be shared on our website and LinkedIn. It would be helpful to have clarity on some of the points you have made. If you would like to expand on your comments, please do contact Layla on the HR team.

"Unsociable, prejudiced, bullies, If you hate people then you'll love it!"

1.0
    Former Employee - Administrator
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Buzzacott full-time

Pros

A handful of great people Location

Cons

If you enjoy isolation then this company is for you - 450 people under one roof but you're not actually allowed to speak to them despite advertising themselves as a 'sociable' company. If they don't like you they will simply bully you until you leave, this happened prior and during my employment and is still happening now in various departments. HR aware of problems and still will not tackle them head on, despite current and previous employees being miserable. Nasty office politics - you will be thrown under a bus if it benefits them. Work as hard as you like, you will be told you're not doing enough, probation's are often extended as an act of power without valid reason. Cannot go 1 minute over lunch break, spend too long in the toilet or making tea as you will be pulled up for lack of productivity. Senior management do not always want to take responsibility for giving negative feedback, will claim it was flagged by Partners - another act of power play. Socials boring. Senior management dislike each other and it shows - get conflicting instructions from different people so you are set up to fail. Male dominated at the top. Younger employees are used to do the menial jobs disguised as great opportunities. Marketing initiatives are confused, odd, not engaging. Environment is TOXIC - avoid at all costs. The worst departments to work for are definitely VAT and HRC (ironic) for toxicity, power play, bullying and general feeling of unhappiness.

January 3, 2020Talent Manager

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't a positive one for you and assure you that we take all feedback on board. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

9. "Good place to stay long term"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They are good at promoting internally in some teams. Social firm

Cons

Still an old boys club at the top.

10. "A London accountancy firm with good atmosphere"

4.0
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

A great place to develop talent. A professional accounting firm but with a sensible approach to work life balance. A good meritocracy.

Cons

Some of the workings of the board can be a bit old fashioned

January 3, 2020Talent Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we are pleased to hear that you find Buzzacott a great firm to develop your career.

Found 42 reviews