Buzzacott Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Buzzacott Reviews

Updated Sep 4, 2019

Found 32 reviews

4.4
Buzzacott CEO Tony Hopson  (no image)
Tony Hopson
  1. "Fantastic place to get your ACA!"

Current Employee - Auditing Supervisor in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Offer lots of support throughout the ACA programme - Lots of exposure to different types of clients from an early stage - Very competitive salary - Very friendly office with lots of social events - Flexible working hours - Great work/life balance as very rarely have to do more than the contracted 35 hours per week which is extremely rare for graduate accountancy jobs

Cons

-The firm isn't very well known by people outside of the accountancy profession

Buzzacott2019-09-04
  2. "Approachable, supportive culture"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been working at Buzzacott for six months and I have been really pleasantly surprised by how approachable people are. I have found that people are willing to help, regardless of their job title, which contributes to the supportive, friendly culture. I have received consistent, valuable feedback since joining Buzzacott and have also been provided with opportunities to provide my feedback. Although I... have only worked at Buzzacott for a relatively short amount of time, my manager has already discussed scope for development and my areas of interest so I am confident that my professional development will continue to be supported by the firm.

Cons

I think that holiday entitlement should be standardised for all employees irrespective of their level.

Buzzacott2019-07-17

July 19, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are so pleased to hear that you find the environment supportive and you feel you will develop here.

3. "Poor development opportunities"

Former Employee - Human Resources Generalist Assistant in London, England

I worked at Buzzacott full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice environment and culture Office location is good

Cons

Highly bureaucratic Poor development opportunities if you are not an accountant

Advice to Management

Become more visible and approachable

Buzzacott2019-06-04

June 14, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your positive comments about our office environment and culture. We’re sorry that you felt there were poor development opportunities during your time at Buzzacott. We take the professional development of all our employees and the approachability of our leadership team seriously and will be passing on your comments to the appropriate team.

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Supervisor in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've been working for Buzzacott for over 5 years now. This company offers career growth, trainings, it's great work environment and the team members are very friendly. It also offers countless benefits and looks after it's employees. I could not agree less with another comment in here - Buzzacott’s work culture is friendly, hard-working and non-hierarchical (i.e. Everyone is helpful whatever their job title is and... everyone is always willing to help whether it’s something minor or major).

Cons

Currently undergoing PC change to laptops, which could be a bit quicker

Buzzacott2019-04-16

May 1, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review. We take pride in our values and culture so we are pleased to hear about your positive experience.

5. "VAT compliance - client executive"

I worked at Buzzacott full-time

Pros

Pros not seen in that period (in that team).

Cons

Poor management style (lack of trust, poor communication, micromanagement, bad attitude).

Buzzacott2019-04-03

April 15, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are really sorry to hear that your time working at Buzzacott was not a pleasant experience. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and will pass on your comments.

6. "4+ Years & Still Exceeding Expectations"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Open, friendly working environment. - Great opportunities to grow both personally (with volunteering opportunities) and professionally (with fully paid study for professional qualifications). - Real personal touch. Despite fast growth in a professional industry Buzzacott has not lost its personal touch and personable approach. I do believe this is one of Buzzacott's strongest attributes.

Cons

- Work-life balance. I understand from personal experience the struggle to maintain a good work-life balance whilst working through studies & at times this can feel a bit overwhelming. That being said, I do not think this is a con specific to Buzzacott and would be faced in any similar roles across the industry. I can also say honestly, that I always felt well supported and felt comfortable asking for help when... needed.

Advice to Management

Although Buzzacott offers excellent career progression opportunities, they should consider offering some form of TOIL/overtime to levels between Manager - Senior Manager. Specifically where a considerable amount of overtime is worked - as this makes the step from Assistant manager to Manager far less attractive.

Buzzacott2019-02-13

April 9, 2019Talent Acquisition Specialist

We are really pleased to hear you enjoy working at Buzzacott and will be taking your suggestions into consideration.

7. "Graduate Experience"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly staff . A culture of retaining staff and promoting them through the ranks. Good work life balance, flexi time, paid overtime or TOIL. Great social culture, plenty of nights out and team lunches/ dinners. Brilliant location beside St. Paul's, convenient to get to and generally a very nice area to work in. Professional training which is fully paid for and supported by the company, including paid... study leave and time off to attend classes.

Cons

It can feel overwhelming at first, particularly if you are new to tax. There is a week of intense training before you begin, which is a lot to take in, but absolutely necessary in order to give you a foundation from which you can begin work.

Advice to Management

I would try and stagger the training more, if possible, in order to make it easier to digest.

Buzzacott2018-10-08

October 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review - it's great to hear that you've had a positive experience so far with us. As you said, the training is necessary, but I have passed on your suggestion that we stagger it a bit more.

8. "Auditor"

Current Employee - Audit Associate in London, England

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Team environment, friendly work environment

Cons

There are none up to this point

Buzzacott2018-09-08

October 9, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review. We are very pleased that you are finding the environment so friendly and collaborative.

9. "Friendly, Hard-Working and Rewarding"

Current Employee - Personal Assistant

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Buzzacott’s work culture is friendly, hard-working and non-hierarchical (i.e. Everyone is helpful whatever their job title is and everyone is always willing to help whether it’s something minor or major)

Cons

Been here for 5 months and none so far!

Buzzacott2018-05-09

May 10, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks you for your feedback! That is definitely the work culture we are striving to foster, so it's always great to hear that is how people are experiencing it.

10. "Payroll Assistant"

I have been working at Buzzacott full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly environment, all the staff are welcoming, instantly feel part of the team. Training provided is brilliant, lots of room for progression!

Cons

More one to one reviews

Buzzacott2018-02-14

February 23, 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We think the friendly & approachable culture is part of what makes Buzzacott unique so it's great to hear that your experience aligns with that.

Found 32 reviews