Calco Services Reviews

Updated 10 Sep 2020

4.2
Calco Services Managing Director Bill Gray (no image)
Bill Gray
  1. COVID-19

"Calco is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Croydon, England

I have been working at Calco Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Approachable team and Management so asking for advice is never a problem

Cons

Not limited to Calco, the main con is working through a pandemic.

2. "Very Good Business"

Former Employee - Consultant in Croydon, England

I worked at Calco Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Was my first ever role in recruitment and the training there is honestly second to none and the time they put into you is also top class. Not beat with a stick over KPI's and actually given time to develop.

Cons

Commission Scheme slightly behind what is offered elsewhere.

3. "Recruitment Consultant"

1.0

I worked at Calco Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

think we should leave this blank...

Cons

don't think this box is big enough... Management mostly is awful, treat you terribly and they don'y have any actual training on being a leader and it shows greatly across the business. Turnover is more frequent than Donald Trump sounding like an idiot. 11 people left while I was there, and 4 more after I left... Never hit target, and I guarantee you will find a better company than this with your eyes shut! Seriously, even if you have no money, don't join them as you will be gone between a week and 6 months. The rest of the consultants were absolute gems, as well as marketing and accounts etc, they were the only reason i stayed. No incentives and even when you get them they limit what you get as much as they possibly can. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy and I sincerely hope they buck their ideas up or the ship will keep on sinking.

January 9, 2019Digital Marketing executive

Happy New Year and thank you for your feedback. Regarding your observations around leadership, as you know before we parted company, we had already announced the commencement in November of a comprehensive programme to deliver world class leadership development with the most highly respected organisation in this field. This is so that Calco and all the gems who make us what we are, can achieve the ambitious company and individual goals, growth and vision to make Calco the “Go to” recruitment company in our sectors. I am unhappy to hear that you think that we offer no incentives. At Calco we offer a number of incentives for recruiters who hit various milestones and targets, such as our uncapped commission scheme, a clear career progression, the ability to accrue unlimited holiday, Team competitions for after work drinks or lunch, quarterly top biller lunches or events (Go-Karting, Etc.), company away days, individual weekly awards (early finish Friday) and a quarterly bonus Monthly Commission scheme to name a few. I am also very sad to hear that you feel that people have been belittled and that we ask people to do “ridiculous tasks”, I would ask that you get in touch with me to clarify what these mean so that I can investigate this further. May I wish you all the best for your future endeavours in 2019.

4. "Great Training!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Croydon, England

I have been working at Calco Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Recruitment training 2 days a week - Directors are always available for if you need advice - Management staff genuinely want you to be successful - Team is great, people are happy to share ideas - Realistic targets - Great opportunity to build a real and lasting career

Cons

- Not too many Incentives for hitting targets - Could do with more target related challenges

Continue reading
  5. "A fun, friendly team!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Croydon, England

I have been working at Calco Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have been with Calco for just over 6 months and I could not be made to feel more welcome. I also find the support and tailored training I have received since I started has been fantastic, time is always made for any problems I may face. Great company to work for and I am looking forward to my future career with Calco.

Cons

Although I love that we are a small team it would be brilliant to expand!

6. "Calco Services"

I have been working at Calco Services full-time

Pros

Feel like a valued member of the team Great career/personal development offered along with ongoing support Career opportunities are vast if you are willing to work hard Approachable Directors

Cons

Can not think of any

7. "Calco Review"

1.0
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Croydon, England

I worked at Calco Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Good initial interview and training - Very good work mates

Cons

- The CEO blows hot and cold week in week out - Very dictatorial and apt to jump into irrational conclusions - His so called classic recruitment methodology is archaic beyond belief - Not a great place to start a career in recruitment - Revolving door policy

August 31, 2017Digital Marketing executive

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We do pride ourselves on the training we provide, so thank you for acknowledging that. We wish you all the best for the future

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in London, England

I have been working at Calco Services full-time

Pros

fun, sociable, always looking to develop and improve themselves

Cons

none that I can think of.

December 7, 2016Digital Marketing executive

Thank you for your review. You are a great asset for Calco and an invaluable part of the Calco team!

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Calco Services full-time

Pros

Offer fantastic, honest reliable recruitment service to all professionals. Have proven track record in this field. Currently undergoing structural change within the business and I can only see this improving the company moving forward. Fantastic people to work alongside and excellent working environment. Currently watching the Rugby World Cup so says it all really.

Cons

They could expand on their current sectors which would help grow the business in general hwoever I know this is something they are currently working on.

December 7, 2016Digital Marketing executive

Thank you for your review! You are a great asset for Calco and an invaluable part of the Calco team!

10. "Calco Review"

I have been working at Calco Services

Pros

Friendly and motivated work force, always willing to help and go the extra mile for clients as well as each other, made me feel very welcome when I started Senior Management never too busy to help as/when needed, always very approachable. Thorough training and help when starting out, as well as continuous support.

Cons

Have to be self motivated and forward thinking

Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 English Reviews