Curve Reviews

Updated 1 Jul 2020

3.9
Curve CEO and Founder Shachar Bialick (no image)
Shachar Bialick
  1. Featured Review

"Fantastic culture, motivating work, and inspiring people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast growth means new and exciting work is always being added. Company has a strong culture of ownership so it is easy to get involved in anything that aligns with your interests or skills regardless of what team or level you are.

Cons

Days can be long but management is always appreciate of extra effort and I never felt like I was being asked to do more than I could or felt comfortable doing.

2. "A company that truly invests in you"

Current Employee - Customer Experience in Bristol, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone who works at Curve are keen to get stuck in and are always looking for the best way to develop every employee, pushing the company further. There is a true understanding of whats right for both the company and the individual with plenty of opportunities to learn. A fun and enjoyable working environment that is not so corporate.

Cons

Must be able to work within a fast pace environment. Must also be happy to embrace changes that occur with the product on a regular basis.

Continue reading
  3. "Not perfect, but open to suggestions"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

There will always be a few people in management positions who you don't get on with, or who perhaps you feel like are not the best at their role. This is also the case at Curve. That being said, the majority of leaders at Curve have, at the very least, good intentions and, overwhelmingly, want to see you do well and enjoy coming to work. My experience with Curve so far has been that my concerns are listened to and I'm taken seriously. There's definitely a culture where you're encouraged to speak up if you feel like something's not right. I've also experienced that if you express the desire for more responsibility or a change of pace, that this is very welcomed by managers and they'll try to help you progress within the company. The list of pros would also be incomplete without mentioning, as many of the other reviewers have, that Curve employs really lovely and friendly people.

Cons

Management can sometimes feel a little directionless. I feel like this is down to communication - You're not always told very openly what discussions are going on within the management team and, as a result, their decisions can occasionally feel impulsive or drastic.

4. "Glorified call centre"

2.0
    Former Employee - Customer Experince Champion

I worked at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

everyone is young, freindly and good looking new management is good generous learning budget

Cons

the management style is "do it yourself or your fired", nobody can speak up but you're constantly told that the company policy and culture is one of honesty and an openess to change. management will outright lie/gasslight benefits get taken away managers prolong probations and make you feel like your job is not secure the hours are insane, up to 60 hr weeks sometimes The CEO said that when he watched us do our work for a day he went home feeling depressed - so you get a feel for how interesting the work is older management just got the job becasue they were there long enough, dont have experince or qualification

"Could be better"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free Drinks Diversity in people

Cons

Lack of transparency and honesty from senior Management Low pay Defective product

6. "Review"

4.0
    Current Employee - Customer Experience in London, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great and diverse people, Great culture

Cons

Not enough communication between departments

"Train Wreck management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Customer Experience Champion in Bristol, England

I worked at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

I made some great friends here, HR is great at hiring lovely people to exploit. This job taught me not to blindly trust that my manager will do what is right or in its employee’s best interests.

Cons

The interview was highly misleading. Management bragged about their own promotion four times in my interview. Opportunities for progression and work benefits were all removed without much warning shortly after joining. One manager singled me out to the point where I felt I was being discriminated against. There was no consistency in the "rules" they apply to employees with clear favouritism being displayed towards particular employees. Who all happened to be male. Management shared and discussed my personal information in the presence of other employees while at work social events on multiple occasions. Management treats employees like children.

Continue reading
  8. "Fast paced, fun and frenetic"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in London, England

I worked at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Quick Decision Making and strong accountability

Cons

Hard to contain to core hours.

"Sray away"

1.0
    Current Employee - Marketing in London, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not many. Seems like a scam. People seems to be afraid of something up. Always a fear of lay off looms over your head. Tacky office

Cons

Management is clueless. Too many chefs trying to create an illusion that they have the best product. No one is ready for a reality check. Revolute is already miles ahead with their offering

10. "Working at Curve"

Current Employee - Junior Talent Partner in London, England

I have been working at Curve full-time for less than a year

Pros

Freedom to find the most effective way to deliver results Autonomy Great atmosphere that inspires Great support system Learning and Development Budget

Cons

No red flags yet from my experience

Found 47 reviews