Dojo Reviews

Updated Aug 2, 2022

Found 237 of over 429 reviews

4.0
Dojo CEO and Co-founder George Karibian and Jan Farrarons (no image)
George Karibian and Jan Farrarons
Pros
  • "I think from any former employers that Paymentsense/ Dojo is a great place to work(in 53 reviews)

• "Everyone is very friendly, approachable, helpful and fun, with a work hard play hard mentality(in 21 reviews)

• Cons
  • "5 Months in to my role I am yet to be critical of any part of Paymentsense(in 17 reviews)

• "Company doesn't appreciate the hard work(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Dojo

Join the conversation on

Finance

84.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Dojo~687810
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years
      Featured Review

Amazing company to work for

Jun 14, 2022 - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic work benefits - flexible balance between working from home and office - Fancy London office -Empathetic managers - Transparent leaders Great culture and values

Cons

- Can't really think of any?

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your review, it's great to hear you're enjoying work at Dojo!

2. 5.0

Great company

Aug 2, 2022 - Software Architect in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Overall an amazing company to work so far. Great culture, great products, customer-driven, managers that really care about and you, great spectrum of challenges.

Cons

You have to be comfortable with ambiguity, otherwise it's not the company for you.

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Still learning and developing

Jul 18, 2022 - Technical Support Specialist in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good office culture in general - Clubs to take part in, people are friendly in general The objectives are clear, simple and easy to achieve Vitality and other benefits are very good Nice office space and equipment available to use like the coffee machine etc

Cons

Lack of career progression from some roles Inexperience in some roles that matter Lack of further learning - Once you have learned the job there is no further learning offered to benefit your role or help progress to others (Appreciate this is likely specific to the Technical Support Specialist role) Although the KPI's and objectives are simple, they are ill considered and encourage unwanted behaviours from colleagues Adding more and more responsibilities to the role but only offering 'exposure to stakeholders of the business' as a reward, this should happen by doing your job well not adding stress When expressing discomfort about performing the extra responsibilities being told by management that they expect you to do this to advance your career rather than helping address the issue to make it comfortable to perform those responsibilities Treating people like numbers, processes are there to help but treating people with more dignity and respect and asking the right questions is better Trying to bring all teams 'in line' but not addressing the inequalities that exist, like the inability for some teams to access the clubs that run during the working hours of teams that work later hours - Yes you can finish a little early or swap a shift if possible but it's still difficult leaving some feeling left out

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your review; it’s great to hear you’re enjoying our benefits package, office space and social clubs at Dojo. We’re working hard on ensuring continual learning and development, and growth at Dojo but from your review, we can see you feel there is still work to be done on some elements of our culture. I’d encourage you to reach out to a Manager you trust or our People team on hr@dojo.tech to arrange a confidential conversation.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good support

Jun 30, 2022 - Payment Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from the managers

Cons

Unsure at this stages early days

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for your review, great to hear you've had positive support from your managers.

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

READ BEFORE JOINING DOJO IN BRISTOL.

Jul 24, 2022 - Customer Service Advisor in Bristol, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people who work at Bristol are exceptional and you will not find it hard to make long lasting friends with other CSA's. Work events, clubs and parties are also really good.

Cons

There is a genuine 'fear to be sacked' culture, they talk a good game about radical candor but do not actually preach this. I've watched many people get dragged into meeting rooms and sacked with no warnings and no fair dismissal process followed. Dojo genuinely do not want long serving employees as new starters work much harder to hit KPI's and this is actively talked about. If only they had a Senior Customer Service Manager trained by the SIMARIANS to support people. Oh the irony. All the original people that built Dojo have rather been sacked or have left the business. Do not fall for this 'Great Place To Work' rubbish, if it was that good, people wouldn't be leaving all the time! I and several others can ensure you that DOJO IN BRISTOL IS NOT A GREAT PLACE TO WORK.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback - we are truly sorry to hear about your experience. We strive to be a Great Place to Work for everyone and would encourage you to please reach out and discuss this with us in more detail.

6. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Awful place

Jun 21, 2022 - TeleAppointer in Belfast, Northern Ireland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, some good managers, some idiots

Cons

Steal your bonus and don’t pay it, expect so much, take bonus off you, lie about bonus coming back, never believe you if you have a doctors appointment and ring you constantly to see when you are coming back, brutal atmosphere, no craic, lack of management, people get promoted and think they are something.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great Company

Apr 25, 2022 - Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love everything about working here, the culture, the pace and the people.

Cons

The benefits package is good but can be improved

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliance, arrogance, youthful inexperience, hypocrisy.

Apr 27, 2022 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the main the culture is outstanding. Talented people - unashamedly hiring some really top notch talent with great attitudes and behaviours. And mostly extremely welcoming. When things are going well, life at Dojo is unbeatable.

Cons

They preach 'radical candour' but do not practice it. So when the going is good, life at Dojo is good. But management are poor at receiving or giving criticism, and leadership have narrow views. Expect problems to be handled badly or squashed without discussion, and do not expect to be treated respectfully or with moral integrity if something is not right.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We’re glad to hear you felt surrounded by talented and welcoming people. We’re disappointed to hear about your experience. We recognise how important our current and future leaders are to our continued success, and aim to do everything we can to ensure Dojo is a great place to work for everyone. However, we can see from your experience that you feel there is still work to be done. If you’d like to share more about your experience, please email us on hr@dojo.tech and we can arrange a confidential conversation with you.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Apr 13, 2022 - Product Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great culture, great offices, great people. No complaints here.

Cons

It has its growing pains like any fast growth business but the pros heavily outweigh the small cons.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thanks for leaving a review - it’s great to hear you’re enjoying life at Dojo! We couldn’t succeed without our people so we certainly intend to keep listening to our employees as we continue to grow.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

100% a great place to work!

Apr 11, 2022 - Communications Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel very lucky to work for Dojo. I could list out the many benefits - such as the amazing offices, free coffee, fitness classes, market-leading pay, flexible work, the many engagement initiatives in the office, the list goes on. But the main thing for me is that I have never worked for a company that genuinely cares about and listens to its people, and acts upon their feedback. And not just those in senior roles - but everyone is given the opportunity to have a voice. I have also never worked with such a smart, hard working, inspirational, supportive and just genuinely nice bunch of people! The Talent Acquisition team must be pretty great at their jobs!!

Cons

Dojo prides itself on having a high performance culture and a workforce who are “comfortable with ambiguity” - and this does mean always going above and beyond, working long hours, being thrown in the deep end, and at times feeling out of your depth. But despite this I have not once felt unsupported - everyone is always happy to offer support whether it’s in their remit or not. This hard work is also recognised and rewarded.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts - it’s awesome to hear how much you’re enjoying your role at Dojo. We’re continually striving for diverse teams at all levels, and recognise the value this brings to our company at a senior leadership level. We know there is more for us to do, and it’s a big priority for us as a business. One of our People Team KPIs is to increase diversity within leadership positions, and we’re working on a number of initiatives to help drive this. If you’d like to be involved or have any ideas, please reach out to a member of the People team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 237 Reviews
    </>Embed

Dojo Reviews FAQs

Dojo has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 429 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at Dojo to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Dojo employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Dojo. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

72% of Dojo employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Dojo 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.1 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Dojo to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Dojo Job Seekers