Durlston Partners Reviews

Updated 9 Jul 2020

4.9
Durlston Partners Founder and Director Vax Bahram (no image)
Vax Bahram
  1. "A hidden gem within London's recruiting scene"

Current Employee - Principal Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

To give whoever reading this some context, I joined as a senior hire, 5 years of experience including team management, recruitment is a very process-driven job so you naturally begin to think you're doing everything right and you don't have much more to learn once you reach a certain level and it's just about repeating the same tasks to make deals happen, boy was I wrong. You'll learn a lot at Durlston Partners, no matter what your experience level, the recruitment process the founder has built and taught is second to none. You will learn how to get better candidates and manage them better as well. Transparency, all communication is open, we use Slack mainly instead of email for quick feedback, no one has ownership of clients, we have account managers but anyone is allowed to work any role, meaning, if you're someone who enjoys the candidate side of recruitment as opposed to constantly be doing BD, you'd probably enjoy it. Speaking of clients, sometimes it feels like we have too many, there's always a constant flow of new clients coming due to Durlston Partners excellent reputation and network, some of our clients have worked with us for 10+ years and are still using it to this day, often as their exclusive supplier, you just don't get that in 99% of recruitment firms out there. So you can focus on doing placements rather than spending half of your time cold calling or chasing new business. Finally, the culture is not like your typical recruitment firm, Durlston Partners hires very humble and talented individuals but we don't have the typical sales boiler room culture you tend to find in recruitment, and those types of individuals probably wouldn't fit in here, we share resources and everyone is working towards the same goal, building out a vast network, making placements and maintaining a high level of integrity and reputation in the market with candidates and clients alike. Beautiful modern offices in Mayfair, close to Oxford Street and Green Park tube stations, it's a very cool place to work and beats the city hustle, I worked in Bank for 5 years and am very glad to be out of there as it can feel a bit soulless sometimes. Free breakfast, most of the time free lunches + afternoon/early dinners as well, snacks, beer fridge, whiskey cabinet, Dart board, N64, 70” TVs to watch Rugby when the games are on, paid for company holidays to Europe including Ibiza, Barcelona, Croatia, etc and not just for the top billers, also bi-annual company events in top bars/hotels in Mayfair all paid for by the founder.

Cons

None really, you might put a bit of weight as the founder likes to constantly order in food for everyone but you get a gym membership as well to fight that. If you’re someone who likes to hide CVs in your top drawer and not collaborate you might not fit in here.

Continue reading
  2. "Fantastic working culture, excellent clients and the training throughout is fantastic."

Current Employee - Researcher

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

At Durlston Partners hard work pays off. With an unrivaled commission structure, fantastic working culture and excellent clients – if you put in the hours you will see results. Whether you are new to recruitment or a seasoned professional, the training throughout is fantastic. As a close-knit team, we work together to deliver for one another and our clients. Finally, we work as a team, there is no red tape if you want to bring new ideas to the table (no matter your seniority or how long you have been at the company) your voice is heard.

Cons

Can’t fault it – you need to role up your sleeves and work hard to see result. But if you are willing to put in the hours and work smart, you will see rewards both personally and financially

3. "Hard to beat a company like this in recruitment!"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing Team Benefits, fantastic team environment and a well stocked fridge!

Cons

None from what i remember

4. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Mayfair, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

We have an amazing team and our founder has cultivated a mature environment where everyone is trusted to plan their own days, and effectively, manage themselves. We support one another and share information internally; if one succeeds, we all do! DP is a great place to become successful and grow as a recruiter but to also grow as an individual.

Cons

You must have drive, passion and resilience to make it in the recruitment industry - this job wouldn't suit someone who is looking to be in a role for 6-12 months.

5. "Incredible Experience with a Fantastic Team"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined on a graduate level and the experience I've had thus far has been incredible. They take every step to ensure you feel welcome and comfortable and train you up incredibly well. Once you're in you're in, it's not a cut throat environment you so often hear about in recruitment. It's family like environment but still professional. The rewards you can achieve is phenomenal with very generous commission. The boss appreciates hard work and dedication and sees it instantly and rewards you accordingly, and is always prepared to give advice on improvements in a constructive manner. By far the best benefit of working here is the team. It's a great group of people to with on daily basis, both in a professional and personal manner. As for office benefits the list is extensive. From plenty of food available, beer fridge, plenty of work outings (Flight Club, Nights Out, Polo in the park), Gym and Phone Subsidy, and trips abroad. Last year we went to Ibiza for 5 nights! All in all a great place to work, and an experience very few people will get the chance to have. I'm incredibly lucky to have ended up here.

Cons

The hours can be long initially as you need to build up your network, but you get so well taken care of you don't even notice!

6. "Focused colleagues, elite clients, great environment."

Current Employee - Consultant in Mayfair, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

A joy to come to work everyday. CEO makes us breakfast at least once a week. Very flat structure, no bureaucracy, honest feedback. Offices in the heart of Mayfair. Working with some of the biggest names in the Hedge Fund space (often exclusively). Incentive trips to Michelin star restaurants and trips abroad.

Cons

Hours can be long but we are looked after very well which makes up for it. Nothing else.

Continue reading
  7. "Great Place to work with amazing benefits"

Former Employee - Consultant in London, England

I worked at Durlston Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. Senior management has a hands on approach without being too overbearing. 2. Great clients ready to work with from the get go with an open approach to sharing in the team. 3. Benefits reflect the amount of hard work you put in. 4. Lots of opportunities for upwards growth.

Cons

1. Can be some long hours and afterwork entertaining. 2. If you are not willing to be self motivated and pull your sleeves up and get stuck in it would be a difficult place to work.

8. "Fantastic environment"

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

Coming from France for a gap year, I planned to stay in London for only 9 months... but things didn't go as planned. Indeed, it is now 1 years that I am working for Durlston Partners and it is not ready to stop. Durlston Partners gave me a chance although I didn't have any experience and an average English. However, the friendly, collaborative and supportive environment helped me to grew up very quickly and learn more than I couldn't expect within few months. Although it's my first experience within the recruitment world, I can tell you that Durlston Partners doesn't operate like any other companies. First of all, we have a lot of freedom which allow us to find our own way of working and be responsible for managing our own time. We are encouraged to get out of the office to meet clients/candidates for a coffee/beer as much as possible which allows us to meet a lot of amazing people, but also enjoy the London's weather (...) Durlston Partners also gives us career opportunity and my example is a good one: I have been promoted to Senior Consultant within less than a year due to my achievements. The working environment is amazing, with a great bunch of people always happy and up for a good time. Finally, I would say the compensation at Durlston Partners is probably one of the best of the industry, with a very generous commission structure.

Cons

Fully stocked fridges... which is not good for my diet!

9. "One of the best firms around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great environment, close relationships with colleagues, fast-paced but relaxed, excellent commission structure and freedom to manage your own time

Cons

Long hours to start to build networks, but very minimal cons - especially to those driven and hardworking individuals that want to make lots of money

Continue reading
  10. "Challenging but fun and very rewarding"

I have been working at Durlston Partners full-time

Pros

Collaborative, approachable working environment Exposure to high end clients Meeting new people all around London Company social events and network events for candidates Darts in the office Office views Company trips - last one to New York

Cons

Nature of the role,requires someone to be proactive and resilient- so may not get any leads for a few days but have to keep going and be positive.

Found 12 reviews