EPES Logistics Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
  1. "Imports"

Former Employee - Customer Relations in Charlotte, NC

I worked at EPES Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pros , stay there for 2 years waiting for manament to do what they promised but never happened

Cons

Owner inherited the company and does not know how to manage. 100% profit driven nobody cares about employees

Advice to Management

Restructure the company

EPES Logistics2019-04-04
  2. "Logistics Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at EPES Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits and great training

Cons

cant think of any at this time

EPES Logistics2018-11-08
  3. "Could have been better, but could have been worse"

Former Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Greensboro, NC

I worked at EPES Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great co-workers for the most part, awesome benefits and PTO package, employee health clinic, lots of company parties and social events, the down side to this is that is considered a benefit that they will throw in when low pay is mentioned.

Cons

Hard to get days off if anyone else on your team is off, make you come into office during inclement weather, lots of "cliques" in OPS department which can cause drama, extremely low pay, very stressful industry with tough to deal with carriers and customers. Will not let you work from home even though you have full abilities and tools to do so. May end up working far more than 40 hours per week depending on what accounts...

Advice to Management

Give salary increases based on the good work the employees do, promote deserving people who have worked hard and earned the right to grow rather than promoting management's BFF's. Let employees know of big changes via face to face meetings that are coming before an email is sent.

EPES Logistics2018-05-23

"Great Job"

I worked at EPES Logistics

Pros

pay scale and bonus, good benefits

Cons

management did not always do what they said they would

Advice to Management

keep your word and commutation changes

EPES Logistics2016-10-11
  5. "Logistics Specialist"

Current Employee - Logistics Specialist in Kernersville, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great culture, benefits, and other employees. Fun place to work at. Management cares about the employees and how they feel.

Cons

Compensation is not in line with other jobs in the industry or local area. lack of promotion and growth opportunities. Lower employees are left in the dark about company changes until they happen.

Advice to Management

Take care of your current employees so that they do not leave for greener pastures. Increase wages to be in line with competitive jobs in the industry and local area. Reward employees, not assign them more work.

EPES Logistics2016-07-13

"Middle management"

Former Employee - Mid Level Management in Greensboro, NC

I worked at EPES Logistics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good atmosphere in some departments. Excellent opportunity to move beyond your abilities.

Cons

Salaries too low to attract people who are good at the positions they hold. Promoting your own is a great concept but they need to have the skills. You get what you pay for. Or you keep what you are willing to pay for.

Advice to Management

Get the skills you need to run the business. Pay them what they're worth or they'l leave.

EPES Logistics2016-02-28
  7. "Wonderful Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been with Epes for 8 years, started at an Admin level. Since then I have had the opportunity to move up 3 positions/titles. This Company invest in their people through mentoring, coaching and developing. Management pays attention to what you do and how you perform. They focus on your strengths and not your weaknesses. They coach and develop you by building on your strengths to help you succeed in your current role and/or...

Cons

There are none at this time! Would not ever want to go anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do...putting your people first will always be the success of a business! You guys have it figured out...I can definitely say that!

EPES Logistics2015-05-06
  8. "Great Company! Like one big Family!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics

Pros

EPES cares for their employees like no other company I have seen or heard of. They provide so many great perks to us like a gym, frequent culture events, access to personal training, and an awesome work environment. This is definitely not the cutthroat environment some businesses have. I started as an intern and have grown with the company. They definitely reward hard work and promote from within. I love my job!

Cons

Anything Epes lacks, they make up for in caring about your family and about you as a person.

EPES Logistics2015-05-05
  9. "Great Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at EPES Logistics

Pros

I've been at Epes Logistics for almost 7 years and can honestly say this is the best company I have ever worked for! Over the course of my time here I have seen the company grow by leaps and bounds. Recent upgrades to the facility (dedicated training room, gym) have really made office top notch. The company culture has been great since day one and continues to get better.

Cons

No cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! The attention to detail and care for your employees is awesome!

EPES Logistics2015-05-04

"Exciting start, but quickly fizzled out after three months."

Former Employee - Operations Intern in Hampton, GA

I worked at EPES Logistics

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Was able to wear casual clothes. Friendly employees to work with. Work Life balance was great. No work on Saturday or Sunday. Closed at 5pm daily.

Cons

Poor Management. No structure. Employee track plan(Career Path was none existence) was not laid out. Needed more structure. Wanted more training for personal growth. Felt like degree was not needed for job.

Advice to Management

Please make satellite locations congruent to Home office in Greensboro NC. Please have clear concise job duties and responsibilities for interns. Please get more structure and better management.

EPES Logistics2015-02-10