ERRG Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

ERRG Reviews

Updated Sep 24, 2019

3.4
ERRG President & CEO Cynthia A. Liu, P.E. (no image)
Cynthia A. Liu, P.E.

"Good people, pay not competitive"

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good people to work with -Flexible

Cons

-they say they are competitive in pay but they aren't. People get their experience in and then leave - not many perks, i guess because its a small company

Advice to Management

pay people what they are worth have company functions to boost moral and bring everyone together

ERRG2019-09-25

"ERRG"

Former Employee - Geologist

I worked at ERRG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None, None None None None

Cons

Distrust, micromanagement, about the bottom line, set up for failure

ERRG2019-07-22
  3. "Good starter company"

Former Employee - Staff Geologist

I worked at ERRG full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours, decent pay, fun projects

Cons

Poor communication of expectations from management, little variation in weekly duties, very few outside of work fun opportunities

ERRG2019-05-15

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've only been here 3 years but have had the opportunity to work with leadership, back office, front office, scientists, engineers and folks in the field. I can honestly say that there are lots of good professional people here. I spend most of my waking hours here than with my family during the weekdays so the work environment is super important to me. I would have moved on if this wasn't a great place to work. Love... you guys!

Cons

I'm hoping some of the benefits that were discontinued can come back soon.

Advice to Management

I don't think people need acknowledgment for doing work they're supposed to do. But if someone goes above and beyond, a simple "Thank you" or "Great job" goes a long way. If it starts from the top, I'm sure it'll make its way down throughout the company.

ERRG2019-01-19

"A good company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good team work between your co-workers. Everyone works together to get the job done, while looking out for each others safety.

Cons

There is poor communication between supervisor's, and foreman. Resulting in things and people falling through the cracks, which gets blamed on lower positioned people.

"Company on the Rise"

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

Company is Phoenix on the rise. Hopefully the positive trends continue. Very relaxed atmosphere. If you do good work you will be respected.

Cons

No bells and whistles - Not many gatherings or scenarios to get to know your co-workers. Limits collaboration and teamwork. There are Pot Lucks, but doesn't quite cut it. No 401K match Appear to be light on benefits for EEs

Advice to Management

Seems like the company is getting there, but expand events. Other than that keep up the successes and trickle down to the little people via such events/benefits/ etc!

"Environmental Company Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

I have been working at ERRG full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good and knowledgeable people in the construction and environmental field.

Cons

Communication at times between office and construction staff.

Advice to Management

More training for new folks-craft/labor and office tech. Mentoring.

"Keep it up"

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

- 20+ year old company that has all their sh*t together... very professional and have many employees who have worked with the company for over 10 years. Nowadays, it is not common to see so many people stay at a company for over 5 years, ERRG is different, it knows how to treat their employees right and keep them - Great work environment where you are not micromanaged and are trusted to do your job. The... management trusts who they hire and will be vocal if there is an issue. For the most part, employees are extremely trusted. I have never experienced this in my professional career and treated with the respect that I do here. They let you work at your own pace and allow you to jump between tasks, as long as your deadlines are met - Multiple offices (Martinez, SF, Redmond, SoCal, Hawaii) not all packed into one location, so it creates a close-knit feeling of a small company but the benefits of a larger one with better pay, benefits, etc. that a small company may not have. Also more developed after 20+ years in business - Just the right sized company where it is not massive to where you feel lost and like a cog in the machine, but not too small where you know everyone. You can make a difference here and management/executives are willing to listen to lower employees - A very open company where even lower employees can be "in-the-know" about the company's financial situation or any major projects that are in the works. You feel respected because you are not an "outsider" from the executives, they are very involved with lower-level employees. This is experienced through at the "All-Hands Meeting" every year - Easy to ask for help, there are so many people willing to help who are just a phone call away - Annual reviews are very thorough to help you improve and praise what has been done well - Deeply caring employees and management - An amazing HR team who helps employees receive the best benefits - Very hard working employees... shout out to all our regional managers, executives, and engineers!

Cons

- A lot of management and engineers seems overworked - Intimidated by the extremely knowledgeable people who work here (especially all the engineers!)

Advice to Management

None!

ERRG2018-12-21

"Not a Stable Environment"

I worked at ERRG full-time

Pros

None that are apparent or real

Cons

No open disclosure of the activities of the company

ERRG2018-08-05

"Great People Work Here"

I have been working at ERRG full-time

Pros

The staff. Everyone is willing to help and takes time to answer questions. The company will also pay for professional certifications (EIT, PE, PMP, etc.) which is a great perk.

Cons

Since it's a smaller company, the benefits aren't always as good as larger companies. Currently no 401k match. Hopefully that will change in the future.

Advice to Management

Not much, just keep doing what you're doing, and continue growing.

ERRG2018-05-28