TeacherActive - Teacher Active | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Teacher Active"

Former Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England

I worked at TeacherActive part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I approached Teacher Active because I wanted to gain experience in a school environment, and straight away the agency worked hard to find me regular work that suited my skills and preferences. One of the best things about Teacher Active is their flexibility; they were extremely accommodating, especially because I had another job during half the week and shifts would often change. Adam and the team were always happy to work around this and still found me regular work even though my schedule was a little difficult. The staff were always incredibly friendly and helpful, and working there was a really positive and encouraging experience.

Cons

When I joined I asked to be assigned to primary schools, as that was my previous experience and an area I was most interested in working in. I found that often this wasn't the experience I had, being regularly given work at secondary schools, but I don't think that this was due to the team at Teacher Active ignoring my preference - when work did come up at primary schools they got straight in touch with me. I think it was more that there was more demand from secondary schools for teachers, and I was always happy to go there!

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for TeacherActive

1. "Agency rating"

Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Macclesfield, England
    Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Macclesfield, England

Pros

I work for many agencies and I can definitely recommend teacher Active as being the best. The staff are always responsive, very professional in the sense that they manage to offer the type of work we applied for with a first class service. They are extremely concerned to provide regular and tailored assignments. We get an immediate confirmation of booking stating clearly where we are expected to be and how much we are going to be paid; we do not have to fill in time consuming time sheets. Talking to them at the end of a long day, when they call to check on our availability, is a real pleasure as they are always lively, encouraging and friendly.

Cons

Getting references from them may take a bit long sometimes, but at least it is possible.
    It would be nice to be provided with assignments lasting longer -over a few weeks- or being permanent.

Advice to Management

I just would like them to know that I am grateful to be able to work for them and I strongly encourage them to carry on delivering the same service in the same way!

2. "Supply"

Current Contractor - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England
    Current Contractor - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England

I have been working at TeacherActive as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Teacher Active have kept me busy and have always treated me well. Very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff at their Manchester branch.

Cons

Sometimes I have to travel a bit further than I want to, but that is expected in this type of role.

Advice to Management

Offer financial incentives to supply teachers if they stick to a challenging short term contract that is at a school with a bad rep. Prep them and get behind them.