TeacherActive - Teacher Active | Glassdoor.co.uk

"Teacher Active"

Former Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England
Former Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England

I worked at TeacherActive part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I approached Teacher Active because I wanted to gain experience in a school environment, and straight away the agency worked hard to find me regular work that suited my skills and preferences. One of the best things about Teacher Active is their flexibility; they were extremely accommodating, especially because I had another job during half the week and shifts would often change. Adam and the team were always happy to work around this and still found me regular work even though my schedule was a little difficult. The staff were always incredibly friendly and helpful, and working there was a really positive and encouraging experience.

Cons

When I joined I asked to be assigned to primary schools, as that was my previous experience and an area I was most interested in working in. I found that often this wasn't the experience I had, being regularly given work at secondary schools, but I don't think that this was due to the team at Teacher Active ignoring my preference - when work did come up at primary schools they got straight in touch with me. I think it was more that there was more demand from secondary schools for teachers, and I was always happy to go there!

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for TeacherActive

1. "Great Agency!!"

Current Contractor - Cover Supervisor in Manchester, England
    Current Contractor - Cover Supervisor in Manchester, England

I have been working at TeacherActive as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Teacher Active always communicated really well with me when work was available. There were brilliant when I needed to be flexible on when I could and couldn't work (I was working day to day supply). They usually sent me back to the same schools repeatedly so I did not need to get used to different protocols which was brilliant. I could not recommend them enough.

Cons

There aren't any cons that I can think of, I have always been treated really well :)

Advice to Management

None

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Supply Teacher in Manchester, England

I have been working at TeacherActive full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything is perfect, paid on time, no issues, clear instructions. Manchester team are great, happy to hear from them. Highly recommend them to everyone and the referral scheme is fab

Cons

None everything is great.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.