TeacherActive Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Rob Browett

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • After a few weeks of working for teacher active for (in 17 reviews)

• They worked very hard to find me the position I have agreed to for 2017 (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • There aren't any cons of working for Teacher Active (in 11 reviews)

• There are no cons that I can think of (in 7 reviews)

1. "Good teaching agency"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at TeacherActive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After a few weeks of working for teacher active for £60/70 a day jobs I was given several good placements at higher rates than other agencies. I don't have QTS but still got some great experience this yr. Recommend working with this company. They pay direct with no fees like other sharks in this business.

Cons

No draw backs to this company

Advice to Management

thanks for support this year.

"Amazing Agency!"

Current Employee - Cover Teacher in Middlesbrough, England
    Current Employee - Cover Teacher in Middlesbrough, England

I have been working at TeacherActive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff are really friendly and down to earth. They won't pull you out of a full time job till they have something substantial for you. Thanks to them in the space of two to three weeks I am in a long term position closer to home. They listen to you, follow your best wishes. The response time is amazing to get through to them. They are always sending messages and emails to check availability etc. Great holiday payment scheme whereby money gets saved from your wages which you can take out at any time, but for me i'm saving it until my holidays. Opportunity to win gift vouchers etc. for recommendation. Great pay! Overall great company! feel secure.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

3. "Such a disgrace strongly unrecommended"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in London, England

I have been working at TeacherActive (Less than a year)

Pros

There aren't any best reasons to work in this agency.

Cons

Took my money, no jon provided and I had waited 3 months for it, avoiding phone calls and e-mails, such a rude and unhelpful service. STRONGLY NEGATIVE

Advice to Management

They took my money and promised they will provide me with a job. I had been waiting 3 months for a job from them. As I phone them, they started being rude through the phone, saying how I need to continue waiting so my references will get through. I provided them contact details for my references, they did not contact them, but they had told me nunerous of times that they have. I had contacted my previous jobs and wasted their time bothering to carry on refreshing their emails, with a hope of the agency of contacting them and asking for a reference. They did not do anything. Took my money and said they will return it after 10 working days. How are they going to give me back my money if they do not want to provide me a job? Such a disgrace. I strongly do not recommend this agency to anyone who is searching for a job. Thw service was rude and unhelpful, constantly giving hopes and telling to wait. I had waited 3 months!!!

5. "Outstanding service"

Current Employee - Teacher in Blackburn, England
    Current Employee - Teacher in Blackburn, England

Pros

I would have no hesitation in recommending Teacher Active . Truly OUTSTANDING service!

Till date I am very fortunate indeed to have had the opportunity to teach in various settings (this includes SEN).

Very supportive and friendly staff.

Cons

There are no Cons working for Teacher Active.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work!

6. "Current employee review."

Current Employee - Supply TA in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Supply TA in Liverpool, England

Pros

Efficient,professional and excellent communication between myself and the agent.Always available to discuss nature of the work even out of normal working hours when necessary.

Cons

I have no adverse comments to make regarding the communication I have had to date.Generally all members of staff have been efficient particularly the person who is my main point of contact.

Advice to Management

From my experience to date I don't feel able to criticise the service I have experienced.

7. "Primary supply for Teacher Active"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Pros

The staff are all really friendly and take the time to get to know you, plenty of work in lots of different schools and regular work in the same school.

Cons

There aren't any cons of working for Teacher Active.

8. "A company to be proud of"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Manchester City Centre, England

I have been working at TeacherActive (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to hear people say, “I love my job” and be both envious and a little sceptical of this statement, but it was undoubtedly something I wanted to be able to say.

I relish a challenge, I dreamt of unlimited earning potential, I envisaged working in a lively, fun, exciting, supportive environment. In short, I wanted to love my job too. I had set my heart on a new career in recruitment but with no sales background, was this too tall an order? Not for TeacherActive! I am proud and delighted to say I am now part of this fantastic company and I frequently say with glee, “I love my job!”

The training, care and continual development I have received since working here have surpassed my expectations. TeacherActive is a very sociable, forward-thinking, supportive and exciting company to work for. People here are genuinely interested in and care about others’ well-being, progress and success.

Cons

None, I am very happy working here.

Advice to Management

A really positive and progressive ethos permeates TeacherActive. The willingness to recruit people from non-sales backgrounds is something I am grateful for, and also goes to show that the training and support offered within the company is exceptional. Keep up the good work :)

9. "Teacher active"

Pros

Keep me in work as much as possible
    Friendly staff

Cons

Can be made to feel guilty if not able to go to a job

"Horrible experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Pros

No pros at all, unfortunately.

Cons

I'm an English graduate looking for classroom experience in mainstream schools e.g. cover supervisor/learning mentor etc. I'll be hopefully doing my PGCE next year so this year is all about experience. Firstly, it took them 3 months to give me work; the first one was to support a student who had autism (not severe) e.g. note taking, helping him with work as he was a bit slow with writing and reading. Then offer work to me for a lunchtime supervisor wth????? saying all the other candidates go in as a lunch time supervisor then get a permanent TA role. Then they decide to put me in a specialist needs college (severe disabilities). They thought I had a care background when it clearly says on my CV what background/experience I have. Do not recommend Teacher Active at all, horrible agency with rude consultants. Time wasters and do not think about their candidates at all.

Advice to Management

Be more organised and nice on the phone. If its your fault then take responsibility instead of blaming it on your candidates. Think about your candidates instead of yourselves!!!!

11. "Instructor"

Current Employee - Instructor in Manchester, England
    Current Employee - Instructor in Manchester, England

I have been working at TeacherActive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Manchester branch of Teacher Active are a very friendly team. I have been working for them for almost two years now whilst qualifying for my PGCE and after. I started off with day to day cover supervisor roles and have now gone on to a Long term Instructor role which I love! Teacher Active have helped me to achieve my goal and I would recommend to anyone looking to get into teaching.

Cons

I cannot fault Teacher Active they are great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are as it works great!