Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Enterprise Reviews

Updated Oct 18, 2019

3.9
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Fleet Supervisor in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The structured management trainee program gives you the skills to run your own business quickly. Promotion from within is based on ability and results rather than tenure. You get to work with teams of people who are friendly and happy to help you with your development..

Cons

As with most graduate jobs you get out what you put in. Being in the service sector there is shift and weekend work. This works for me as it is flexible.

Enterprise2019-06-01
  2. "My promotion"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

It's a fun and friendly place where you get to learn so much and have the opportunity to earn loads of money.

Cons

There will be days where you will have to work extra hours, honestly speaking from my experience with those extra hours today I can say I have already achieved so much!

Advice to Management

Continue doing all the great things they are doing to create an inclusive environment

Enterprise2019-10-17
  3. "Great opportunity for hardworking, driven individuals"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Darlington, North East England, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great career progression within the company, with consistent training and development throughout. Salary is reflected by how hard you work so great for driven, hard working individuals. You learn so many skills in this job that are transferable across many roles

Cons

The hours are long, but management are understanding if you have to leave early/take a long lunch etc. Basic salary is average for how many hours you work, however there are many opportunities to make more money in bonus/commission.

Enterprise2019-10-16

"Run your own business!"

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Brighton, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- You effectively get to run a business with investment from the owners at no risk to yourself. - Progression is rife and the culture of only promoting from within means that opportunities are everywhere. - Performance is rewarded, whether by increasing your salary or company paid events

Cons

You have to put in what you want out. Nothing will be given to you, but if you work hard the rewards really are there

Enterprise2019-10-10
  5. "Great opportunities for graduates"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Norwich, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly and supportive working environment, exceptional training and great progress opportunities. Also,lots of great rewards for those who work hard!

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be long but definitely not a boring job!

Enterprise2019-10-08
  6. "A fun, fast paced and hard working environment"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's always something different going on. And no two days are ever the same. The job involves a lot of driving as well as working in branch, so you're not just stuck in an office! Also as a result of the promote from within culture, there is a lot of opportunity for growth and you get a lot of support from your superiors.

Cons

You have to be willing and prepared to work flexible hours and overtime

Enterprise2019-10-06
  7. "Enterprise Aberdeen"

Current Employee - Rental Management Trainee in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at Enterprise comes with a lot of perks. There are bonuses that are always up for grabs, the salary is good and there are multiple promotion opportunities - plus you get to drive a wide range of cars from vauxhall corsas and hyundai i10's to mercedes s-classes, BMW 5 series and range rover autobiography's (all brand new) and everything in between everyday. Enterprise invest a lot of time into training... and it pays off, you're taught all the different areas of the business with the aim to promote everyone to a management position. Unlike other large companies you don't get lost in the crowd, area and regional managers take a real interest in your career and it makes you feel valued. There are monthly treats and paid nights out for the best performers which are always saught after by every one. You can tell its a family run company. My favourite thing about enterprise is that they really are an equal opportunity employer, they constantly run charity days which you get a paid day off work to help at and they are a huge supporter of all PRIDE events.

Cons

Because enterprise invest a lot of time and money into your training, the only downside is that the work can be hard and you are rotad to work 10 hour days 5 days a week and sometimes you'll have to work late, even though you get overtime pay its still long hours - which if its your first job can feel like a lot but when you're out driving, delivering cars and meeting customers the days fly by. While the days go... by really quickly, working 50 hours a week can make it difficult to have a good work/life balance especially if you have dependents but enterprise make up for that by offering good holiday entitlement. The pension scheme is standard so it's not brilliant but it's no worse that what you'd get anywhere else.

Enterprise2019-10-06
  8. "Hard work but worth it"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Milford Haven, Wales

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good promotion opportunity, fair salary

Cons

Long hours if not used to it

Enterprise2019-10-03
  9. "Currently Enjoying my experience"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Dundee, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great support from all managers It’s not a sit down 9-5 office job Plenty of equal opportunities for all MT’s and they only promote from within so great for growth and development A customer facing role with new challenges every day Autonomy - the opportunity to make your own real decisions, been with the business for over 4 months and it feels great to have some responsibility Great benefits and... incentives

Cons

Long hours - you are informed of this from the very beginning of the interview process and to be honest they’re not even that bad, it take a week or two to adjust but with a great team it doesn’t feel hard. It is hard work and with it being customer service centric there are difficult customers with situations that have to be resolved Some days you’re on the road a lot but it’s part of the job

Advice to Management

Support is fab, training is great.

Enterprise2019-10-03
  10. "They treat you like a person"

Current Employee - ReservationSalesRepresentative in Kidderminster, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work; opportunities to increase/decrease your hours; work from home; plenty of over time opportunities none of which is mandatory; plenty of promotional opportunities and career progression as they have a promote from within culture; they have currently just given us all a raise within the first few months of me working here - success!; support is there when you need it; plenty of quirky activities to get... involved in as a home worker or as an office worker; high visibility of promotion opportunities as everyone gets an email when an opportunity comes through; employee discount (of course); shift roster publishes 8 weeks in advance and many more! I'm genuinely enjoying it and not having to commute everyday

Cons

Hours can be awkward and long, but I am full time. I could have opted for part time instead. I don't get bank holidays off in my position, but they can be booked off.

Advice to Management

The team I am working with is amazing and so is my boss. We're mostly left to handle ourselves and we work with each other to beat the other teams. It's genius to get us to compete against each other to get better and the bonuses really promote selling techniques. I don't think there is anything about their attitude towards employees that needs to change

Enterprise2019-10-02