Enterprise Reviews

3.6
Enterprise CEO Chrissy Taylor
Chrissy Taylor
  1. Featured Review

"Great start to anyone’s career in business"

Current Employee - Graduate Management Trainee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Moving from university to a full time job is a big step but with Enterprise’s management programme you are able to start straight away in a business environment with a lot of responsibility. The first year is fully structured and mapped out in front of you, which for me was great as I knew what I was working towards. The people are great and what really makes coming to work enjoyable. From the senior management team who are more present than I’ve seen in any other company to the people you work with everyday they are all so helpful and go out their way for you. Within the year you are able to move up to a manager running businesses that have a high profit which you are paid off - this was something I have seen first hand with people being promoted after 6 if they really push themselves.

Cons

The main thing people talk about with Enterprise is the hours but at the start of anyone’s career it’s not easy so if you are willing to work a little extra and push yourself this will not be an issue for you. Also the first year you will be in a very customer facing role so you have to enjoy helping customers to be able to succeed.

2. "Yayyy"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Southampton, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Banging company happy people all round

Cons

Organised company fast paced and like stock market

3. "Interesting"

Former Employee - Highway Supervisor in Millom, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Local, reasonable rate of pay.

Cons

Short contract, Lack of supervision.

Continue reading
  4. "Pays off if you dont mind hard work!"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Southampton, England

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Rewarded for performance Ranked against others Opportunity and progression for top performers. Basically - if you work hard you will work through the promotions and your pay improves if you are a good manager

Cons

i worked for the company for a long time - i enjoyed it. ive had many complaints about enterprise over the years but nothing which outweighed the benefits. speaking on behalf of employees that have left i would say the biggest issues were hours. as an MT you are paid for overtime, in management you are not but you are paid on the success of your business, some weeks were hard, others were easy but its a business that has peaks and if you can understand the mechanics of it you understand why some times were harder than others

5. COVID-19

"No loyalty given."

2.0
    Current Employee - SAM in Egham, England

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Industry leader within the car hire business.

Cons

It makes no difference if you've been here a month or 20 years there is absolutely no loyalty to staff when the going gets tougher. For a company that sells itself as a family business boasting a twenty one billion turnover it's been nothing short of ruthless when COVID-19 striked. In stead of weathering the storm and take a hit on their immense fortune they've laid of thousands of hard working and loyal employees.

6. "Not the greatest"

Former Employee - Managment-assistant in Birmingham, England

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

OK place to work if you enjoy driving and good at sales

Cons

Very Long working hours. Very low pay for hours worked (may have since gone up)

7. "Great Training!"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Carmarthen, Wales
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Career Progression is there if you want it and is encouraged. The training is fantastic, they really invest a lot of time into their employees. The money can be very good in management roles.

Cons

Although the training is great, like any job the day to day tasks are filled with menial tasks such as collecting, cleaning and delivering cars, which can sometimes stretch late into the night. There is also a lack in management training - the training is centred around managing the business but there is no training on managing people, leading to some questionable leadership techniques.

8. "Great company"

Former Employee - Claims Handler in Aldershot, England

I worked at Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Provided lots of ways to be able to progress within the company Helpful and caring management happy to help at all times

Cons

the salary could be improved

9. "Great"

Former Employee - Human Resources Assistant in Cardiff, Wales

I worked at Enterprise part-time

Pros

Everything - it was a great overall experience.

Cons

Nothing - I enjoyed my time there and the people.

10. "A good way to start your career; however, not so beneficial in the long run."

2.0