Evoke Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Found 31 reviews

3.4
Evoke CEO Reid Connolly
Reid Connolly
  1. "Pretty good employer"

Current Employee - Account Team

I have been working at Evoke full-time

Pros

Work approach, people, culture, senior team

Cons

Work hours, office location, pay

Evoke2019-07-31

"Average"

Former Employee - Creative in New York, NY

I worked at Evoke full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Overall, great people to work with • Good work/life balance • Fun neighborhood to work in • Summer Fridays

Cons

• Top heavy in staff (no interns/juniors) • Executive staff get all the good projects, lower to mid level do grunt work • Too focused on staff billing and timesheets verses letting people breath after high volume periods of work

Advice to Management

Stop letting proven, deserving talent that fit the agencies culture leave for unknown people just to save a couple bucks. Promote within. Get creative resource management that knows and understands the work involved, gets to know the people in the agency, properly allocates projects to the appropriate people, and evenly distributes those hours.

Evoke2019-04-15

"Why is the company still using Microsoft products?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Evoke full-time

Pros

Some really great, smart, talented people work here. The company doesn’t micromanage, which is a huge plus. Great office admins at the subsidiary where I work make it great fun to work for the company.

Cons

Microsoft products like Outlook and Skype are causing major headaches and productivity losses for me and my coworkers and are not as intuitive as Google’s G Suite.

Advice to Management

Please consider switching to G Suite.

Evoke2019-02-06
  4. "Great agency, super A coworkers."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Evoke full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly educated co workers. Nice environment. Everyone strives for success.

Cons

Their are no cons here.

Evoke2019-01-03
  5. "It's what you can make of it"

I worked at Evoke full-time

Pros

- evoke is full of big brains and big hearts. I worked at evoke for over 5 years and was able to accelerate my career and skills during that time. I ran into some bumps along the way, but if you persevere and continue to succeed/add value, evoke rewards. - People that look out for each other and go above and beyond for you, especially in times of need. - Collaboration is stressed and practiced among teams - Solid... agency culture - Strategy/Planning innovation is always welcome - Seamless integration into accounts for planner and strategy folk - Modern office space - Tend to hire people with stellar baking skills (baked goods are never in short supply).

Cons

If you can have success here, there are no real cons beyond the usual things.

Evoke2018-10-17

"Most well-rounded agency I’ve come across"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Evoke full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very talented group of people with both healthcare and non-healthcare backgrounds. Wonderful culture with no egos or overly difficult people. People are just as important as clients. Those around you push you to do your very best.

Cons

At times, growth outpaced staff so there were times of playing catch up to right size staff. However, this was always reconciled quickly.

Evoke2018-09-28

"longest ive worked at an agency."

I have been working at Evoke full-time

Pros

People are amazing. Its a fun environment. Its a very inclusive and progressive culture. I work hard and theyve always rewarded me. No agency is perfect but the management is transparent and I feel like everyone is on the same page which is a ton more than i can say about previous agencies where ive worked.

Cons

Sometimes the office is too cold.

Evoke2018-08-21

"Good for building your agency calluses"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Evoke full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Pay was competitive - Flexible work arrangements - Fruit on Mondays

Cons

People here can be nice. But that's like saying people from the Midwest are perceived as such—it's a stereotype that doesn't say much. Once in the thick of things a friendly sentiment can dissipate, turning into a toxic environment. There are talented people here for sure. However, there's also a lot of mediocrity, egocentrism, and people in senior roles that don't stick to the process.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and lead by supporting those around you.

Evoke2018-08-20

"Not the best at anything"

I worked at Evoke full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some great people, very informal and causal environment/culture where you can be yourself, people are generally dedicated and very thoughtful, experiences vary widely by team/account

Cons

Getting to be another agency that is just focused on bottom line vs actually delivering business results through innovation. Will keep pitching even if it's a poor opportunity and leadership don't seem to understand why they're losing. Not a cutting edge digital agency anymore as evidenced by the lack of ever winning best agency; definitely not an HCP lead agency but will continue to pretend to be even though... agency has never led/planned a drug launch (they consider digital launch as a "launch")

Advice to Management

Stop pretending to be something that you're not and b.s.'ing your way through opportunities that you'll never win, it's unproductive. The HH sibling agencies are worthless so that's not going to help. Stop getting rid of senior people after 2 years because it's a bad pattern. Invest in your best talent, there are very few people who've been at Evoke for 5+ years

Evoke2018-05-22

"Evoke Health"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Evoke full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay is above average for my field Direct supervisor is usually approachable Vacation time and other office perks are nice

Cons

So much required OT without the OT pay Office politics and finger pointing Too cliquey Low match 401(k) Sloppy copywriters Certain teams expect perfection, but do not give that in return

Advice to Management

Hire more people since so many are overworked, or pay double the salary.

Evoke2018-03-16