Fancy Hands Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Fancy Hands Reviews

Updated 13 Jan 2020

2.1
Fancy Hands Founder & CEO Ted Roden & Joshua Boltuch (no image)
Ted Roden & Joshua Boltuch
Pros
  • "You set your own hours and work from home(in 50 reviews)

• "Flexibility to choose assignments and deciding when you want to work(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "The field guide doesn't have all the rules in it but mentors treat it like it does(in 47 reviews)

• "Some clients can be rude and have unrealistic expectations of what can be done in 20 minutes (1 task)(in 34 reviews)

1. "helpful"

Former Employee - Writer

I worked at Fancy Hands part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

i made my own hours

Cons

they make you eat your poop if you leave early.

Advice to Management

don't work there

Fancy Hands2020-01-13

"Are the mentors on break?"

I have been working at Fancy Hands part-time for less than a year

Pros

None that I can see

Cons

Been waiting on a approval of my first task for 10 days now. Trying sending a email to support and got a failure email.

Advice to Management

Can someone please help out the people that are trying to make some money to live.

Fancy Hands2019-09-21

"Terrible system to use"

Former Employee - Virtual Assistant

I worked at Fancy Hands part-time

Pros

You can make your own hours

Cons

Very difficult system to use, a simple task ends up taking way more time due to all of the regulations around how to use the system, emails, calls within the system. The credits and time is confusing, the back and forth between client, manager, etc takes too long and delays the task even more. A simple task that typically would take me 15 minutes to complete couldn't be finished and sent to the client within the days time due to all of these regulations.

Advice to Management

Revise your rules, system, instructions, etc. Make it user friendly and efficient for everyone involved.

Fancy Hands2019-08-21

"Pays the bills"

Current Employee - Mentor in Alliance, OH

I have been working at Fancy Hands part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I can work (almost) whenever I want to. There are times where there aren't a lot of tasks to work on, but this also depends on the skills you have to offer. I have worked for Fancy Hands for almost 8 years. I have paid my bills with money left over. I have also worked very minimally when I work other jobs. I am a mentor, someone who proof reads assistants work. I can mentor here and there and put a couple extra bucks in my pocket.

Cons

I really cannot think of a con so to say. This work is as easy as making an appointment all the way to full blown research and website designs.

Advice to Management

The more you work, the easier it gets. When I was working Fancy Hands full time, I would go on in the evenings and grab 10 to 15 tasks to start working on the next day.

Fancy Hands2019-07-14
  5. "Sales"

I have been working at Fancy Hands full-time

Pros

Good training program as well

Cons

Working hours too long

Fancy Hands2019-06-21

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Assistant

I have been working at Fancy Hands full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This is a wonderful company to work for. There is a learning curve trying to get used to the way things are done, and the mentors and management were more than patient in helping me organize my tasks and teaching the right way to handle a task. I've been here for five years working full time. You set your own hours and work from home. If you are diligent you can make a very nice salary. The tasks are very diverse and you can really broaden your skillset. You are paid every two weeks on time. This concept is amazing. If you need a job, you show up, claim some tasks, perform them well and get paid. I don't know of any other place where this is possible.

Cons

I couldn't find any. The rules are set up to be fair to the clients and the assistants. If there is a problem, or a glitch, management is right there to take care of it.

Advice to Management

While everyone would always like to make more money, this is a wonderful opportunity to work as an independent contractor with plenty of jobs supplied every day. Just keep doing what you are doing and thanks.

Fancy Hands2019-03-12

"Not worth it"

Former Employee - Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Fancy Hands part-time for more than a year

Pros

Work when you want - sort of

Cons

Too many regulations for not enough pay. Disrespectful managers. You don't really get to work when you want because once you open a task with someone you HAVE to be on call for that person or you get penalized. The pay is not worth the amount of effort you'll put in. You'll be left wondering if anyone else in the world knows how to work google because some of the requests you'll get are SO STUPID.

Advice to Management

be nicer to employees.

Fancy Hands2019-03-31

"Steer clear from this company!"

I worked at Fancy Hands full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unfortunately, I can't say there were any positive points for Fancy Hands and their other company, "ODO/On Demand Ops".

Cons

In all my years of working, this is the most disorganized, misdirected, and con of a company. I can't find one thing about this company that is good. They con their assistants and associates with their pay. They say they're this big company but looking at the amount of work and the "tasks" and "clients", they're clearly lying and maybe lying to their clients too?

Advice to Management

Stop conning and lying to everyone!

Fancy Hands2019-03-04

"ODO PAY IS A JOKE!"

Former Employee - ODO and/Virtual Assistant

I worked at Fancy Hands part-time

Pros

Short answer - NONE! Again - NONE!

Cons

The ODO projects that they say pays $10.20 is just not accurate! It's more like 1.5 hours to make that much, and yet they still advertise it as such. How do these people get away with this stuff legally??!

Advice to Management

Quit exploiting people.

Fancy Hands2019-02-12

"Way too little money for all the work"

I have been working at Fancy Hands full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work when you want to work.

Cons

The Pay, The disrespectful managers

Advice to Management

Learn how to talk to people.

Fancy Hands2018-12-26