Frequency Telecom Reviews

Updated 11 May 2020

4.1
Frequency Telecom Managing Director Gareth Limpenny (no image)
Gareth Limpenny
  1. "Progressive"

Current Employee - ECommerce Manager in Chessington, England

I have been working at Frequency Telecom full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have not been working here for very long so these are just my initial impressions.The HR manager is brilliant and seems to be vital in the cohesion of the company. Frequency are very flexible and accommodated my working hours around my family life. So far, Frequency seem adaptable and willing to make the necessary changes to business that are required in uncertain times. The company encourages you to improve your skill sets by offering courses and training. I am looking forward to growing with the business.

Cons

The only downsides at the moment are that I'm having to work remotely and whilst I have been set up with a laptop etc. I feel a bit disconnected from the business.

Continue reading
  2. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in Chessington, England

I have been working at Frequency Telecom part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A great team working in a relaxed and productive atmosphere. Great company benefits and fun social events.

Cons

Not a lot of shops within walking distance.

May 11, 2020Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review! It is great to know that the benefits and social events are valued. We are hoping to improve our environment and location with regard to local facilities in the near future - watch this space...

3. "So far so good"

I worked at Frequency Telecom part-time

Pros

Great team, good culture and fun environment

Cons

Old systems and some work processes are inefficient

4. "General points"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chessington, England

I have been working at Frequency Telecom full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Professional and commercial environment. Ecouraged to get on with the job without constant interference. Positive towards education and training. Seems to be a well run company as they are prepared for current virus situation.

Cons

To some it may be that you are not told what to do all the time. It is very much a place where you need to be able to get on with work without supervision and be more creative in coming up with ideas and delivering on them.

May 11, 2020Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review and the positive comments. I would be interested to explore your comments around management accountability further - please contact me (HR) to discuss in confidence.

"A nice place to work"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Chessington, England

I have been working at Frequency Telecom full-time for more than a year

Pros

A good group of people to work with. Very accommodating. I've found it a relaxed working environment. Understanding of personal circumstances and will help if needed.

Cons

Can get very hot in the summer or cold in the winter

August 15, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave a review and for such positive comments. Regarding the temperature we are aware of the issues in our current building and we are looking to improve and hopefully resolve this in the medium term. In the short term we can provide additional fans or heaters to make the environment more comfortable, please ask line managers or HR.

"Great company where you can make a difference"

I have been working at Frequency Telecom full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Whilst I have been working at Frequency Telecom I have been able to grow and expand my knowledge with the help and support of the management team and colleagues. Working for Frequency has enabled me to be involved in a wider range of activities and to gain a greater insight into the commercial aspects of the business. I enjoy the fast paced environment and the support that has been received has been invaluable. You are encouraged to think for yourself and to use your own initiative. Great company socials every quarter.

Cons

Not a lot within walking distance of the business park but easily accessible by car and train.

May 7, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for leaving such a positive review - it's great to hear that the social events are good and you feel supported in your development.

"Good Place to Learn"

I worked at Frequency Telecom full-time

Pros

Fast moving environment, allow staff to work under own initiative

Cons

Lack of management structure hinders the company with all decisions going through the MD

January 7, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you felt able to work under your own initiative and learned a lot during your time with us.

"Great company"

I have been working at Frequency Telecom part-time

Pros

Great flexibility and support for hard workers, good opportunities to experience outside comfort zone

Cons

Located on business park but facilities provided are good.

January 7, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review. It is great to know that you feel supported and stretched in your job. If there is anything we can do to improve our facilities, please us me know.

"I left Frequency because it's horrendous"

1.0

I worked at Frequency Telecom full-time

Pros

Onsite cafe is lovely, and the ladies that run it are very pleasant

Cons

Zero culture, moving of goalposts, sarcastic and unhelpful management, zero support, ruthless (and seemingly random) firing, not allowed to have breakfast in the morning unless you get in early to eat it (!), no clear business plan, constant scrutiny on unimportant matters, 'us against them' attitude from directors towards staff, everybody is miserable, Kiss FM all day every day, the worst place I've ever worked

January 7, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback here. I am disappointed to read your review. The majority of comments left on this site do not support your views and I can only say that I hope you have had a more positive employment experience since you left us.

"The internship made me doubt my choice of going to the UK"

2.0
    Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Chessington, England

I worked at Frequency Telecom for less than a year

Pros

They were not very strict about the hours I was working I received paid for lunch I received paid for travel

Cons

In the beginning of the internship they promised that it would turn into a full time role with more responsibility - however despite the fact that I had worked hard and gone above and beyond to provide something valuable to their marketing role I was not rewarded.

Found 13 reviews