Gearset Reviews

Found 54 of over 59 reviews

4.9
Gearset CEO and Co-Founder Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle
Pros
  • "Gearset is very laid back so it doesn't feel corporate at all(in 13 reviews)

• "Great learning experience and work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The only downside is that you might never find a better place to work for after Gearset :D(in 8 reviews)

• "come across(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

When looking for a job, I didn't believe any of these reviews either

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

When looking at a position at Gearset, I was initially sceptical as so much of the feedback is overwhelmingly positive. One of the best things I did read was Gearset's response to the only bad review on here and I was really impressed. Having been at the company for around 6 months now I can confidently say it is one of the best companies I've ever worked at, for the following reasons - The trust is so enabling, when it comes to my work and progress, everyone trusts me to do an excellent job - The work life balance is phenomenal, I pick my own schedule and work hybrid, obviously there is a level of responsibility with this, but again it all links back to trust. Also I don't get messages or emails in the evenings, it still surprises me to this day. I could write a whole review on just how good the work life balance is. - I have total confidence in the management, something I haven't been able to say at every company I've worked at. However the whole first line team here are top drawer, everyone is approachable and everyone works together. - The people are great, having worked with every department both in England and other countries I can confirm they're a great bunch to work with. You can see the benefits of Gearset's hiring team and processes. There isn't a single person at this company I want to avoid or not work with (not something I can't say for other places I've worked) Don't get me wrong at the end of the day it's still a job and you have to be willing to work hard and contribute, however if you've ever felt the struggle of; no trust, no balance, bad management and difficult members of staff, then you need to get on Gearset's careers page because it may just be one of the best moves you make.

Cons

In previous jobs I've had more annual leave. However I would gladly give up a few days for the excellent work life balance and flexible working at Gearset any day.

Continue reading
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work!

Apr 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture Flat management structure. Transparency. Trust.

Cons

None that I can think of.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Feb 23, 2022 - Sales Engineer in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

An excellent workplace with a high value placed on both teamwork and feedback. This creates an atmosphere of collaboration and information sharing which is vital to a successful workforce.

Cons

Occasionally it can be quite an intense experience working across multiple timezones.

1 person found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Finally a job I love!

Feb 20, 2022 - Technical Content Marketer
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I genuinely feel valued - Brilliant onboarding process - In-depth interviews which means they find the right people and you know if it’s the place for you - Everyone is so kind and helpful - Perks of free lunch and little treats - Great work/life culture

Cons

None that I can think of

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Highly recommended

Jan 4, 2022 - Senior Creative Designer in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gearset really look after you & encourage personal growth in a way I've never encountered with other companies. The team is warm, welcoming, enthusiastic & ambitious. I'm so happy to be a part of the team here.

Cons

I really struggle to think of any cons for me personally. I suppose if you're looking for somewhere to clock watch I'd say it might not be the one for you.

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Oct 5, 2021 - Softeware Engineer in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bosses, great coworkers, great work life balance, etc

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked!

Sep 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bunch of people who treat their staff really well. Supportive flat structure where everyone is friendly, hardworking and lots of fun! Good benefits - health insurance, free onsite lunch, yoga classes, flexible working to name a few.

Cons

Nothing bad about working here!

8. 5.0

Fun and Trust

Aug 4, 2021 - Customer Support Engineer in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gearset made feel that pandemic doesn't mean being isolated from your team and by myself at home. There's not one day, I don't have a good laugh with my team, and since day 1 I felt so much support from members of the whole company (not just from my team). They trust me to do my best job, and I keep wanting to give my best and beyond to Gearset. I'm treated with respect and I'm given ownership to support the business. It's like a big great team! Oh and the occasional little gifts they are just cherry on top of the cake 😊 Good environment, no micromanagement, opportunities to make an impact, work life balance, free food, random gifts, team gatherings, bupa, nice salary.

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Aug 3, 2021 - Software Engineer in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- kind. fun, and caring colleagues - environment of trust and respect - great work/life balance - feel supported - wellbeing is a priority

Cons

I've been here for about 6 months and I haven't found any cons yet! It's an even better place to work than the reviews made it out to be!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work with exciting projects and nice benefits

Aug 2, 2021 - Marketing in Cambridge, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Gearset is a brilliant place to work, they've managed to maintain the excitement of a start-up, with the structure, security and support of a more established business, even as the company grows. All opinions are valued and you can really see, and benefit from, the impact of your work. The benefits are really good, and have been translated well into remote working.

Cons

The fast-paced nature of the work isn't for everyone, but you get fully supported so it shouldn't put you off!

Continue reading
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 54 Reviews

Gearset Reviews FAQs

Gearset has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 98% of employees would recommend working at Gearset to a friend and 94% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Gearset employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Gearset. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

98% of Gearset employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Gearset 4.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Gearset Job Seekers