Getty Images Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 14, 2019

2.8
Getty Images CEO Craig Peters
Craig Peters
Pros
  • "Great people and good work life balance(in 53 reviews)

• "The entire agency is comprised of a tight-knit group of great people(in 31 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Amazing Sales Position"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked for several sales organizations in my career, but I finally found my ideal job at Getty Images. I recently took a new position within the company, but for the last two years I've been working as a Senior Account Executive on the Agency team. Management is very fair, and provides all the tools needed to excel at the role. The position has also afforded me opportunities to grow as a sales person and... develop the skills necessary to move up within the company. I would recommend this position anyone with prior sales experience who wants to work for a cool company and make some money!!!

Cons

Agencies can be hard to work with, but with the right attitude and training, there are so many opportunities to hit quota and grow the book of business.

Getty Images2019-05-30
  2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great group of of passionate people. Forward thinking company.

Cons

Been here for a long time, I love it.

Getty Images2018-06-06

"image inspector. bad bad company"

Former Employee - Image Inspector in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

autonomous work. get to work on your own.

Cons

pay kept going down. manager was a unfair and malicious. stupid audits.

Advice to Management

fire this guy

Getty Images2019-08-23
  4. "Field Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Creative colleagues. Clear corporate strategy.

Cons

Under-investment in the business.

Getty Images2019-07-09
  5. "Great and Flexible Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Getty Images - looks after its employees

Cons

Very little room for career development

Advice to Management

Give employees opportunities for growth

Getty Images2019-06-19

"Very negative culture and poor upper management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getty pay well, arguably to attract and keep people.

Cons

There is little to no money for value add initiatives to improve a very negative and toxic culture. Very profit and bottom line focused.

Getty Images2019-06-20
  7. "CSA - London"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance Colleagues friendly Working for company that deal in current affairs/news

Cons

Lack of progression Always changing products and what you need to sell. Can never really settle and become a professional on a certain product. Constantly asking to do more and more with little reward

Getty Images2018-10-01
  8. "Great company, but..."

Former Employee - Finance/Operations/Facilities in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Wonderful people, great cross-functional teams, and works really well when there is a common objective (in the old days, this was acquisitions / integration projects). - Getty aspires to a great working environment with great values, though in times of downturn, these aren't always lived up to. -

Cons

- Part of the life cycle at Getty (like all companies) - there are ups and there are downs. - In the early days, it was a great place for advancement as it was growing at a really rapid rate. But now people have been in place for decades (literally), so upward mobility is limited. Dead mans shoes...

Advice to Management

Make those bold decisions

Getty Images2017-11-11

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment, they seem to hire people who are a good fit in the work environment, I got on well with work colleagues

Cons

Lots of middle management, not enough opportunity to advance

Getty Images2017-09-15

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Middle Management in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good salaries (comparable if not better than similar businesses, sure some pay better but there's a reason for that, have to attract people somehow...), and benefits are far superior than most companies - 4 weeks paid leave for new father's is one that not many other businesses seem to offer and will appeal. Mat leave is OK if not spectacular. Overall benefits package is very flexible, pick and choose benefits,... buy or sell holiday days, adjust levels of dental and/or medical care, pension contributions and lots of other things too. London office working environment and company culture is very good, most people have a number of colleagues that are also close friends so there is a good team spirit and camaraderie. I would find it surprising if anyone dreaded coming to work, the atmosphere is usually friendly and cheerful with a work hard play hard attitude. Lots of employees that have been with the business a really long time which is a good sign. If you are willing to put the work in, it is recognized and appreciated though how depends on role/function, and some are better than others. One of those places where leavers tend to say they are sad to go, and many do say it's best place they have worked - they could just be saying that of course, but I believe them and fair to say it reflects the experience of everyone I work with. I would recommend to a friend/family member for certain roles/departments, but not all. Great product, award winning photographers, industry leader and somewhere you can feel proud to say you work.

Cons

Mostly management related issues, though they are not all bad, majority strong and a few are very impressive. The constant change comments someone else made is true, does feel knee-jerk and chaotic at times, often incomprehensible and badly explained/poorly communicated so not surprising people find it difficult to understand and accept. More honesty about reasons for change would go a long way. Career... progression can be tricky, people tend to stick around and moving up the ladder is often difficult. But if you are good and hardworking it will be recognized, eventually.

Advice to Management

Listen to the employee engagement survey, ask yourselves what it says that you really wish it didn't - that is what you need to be addressing. Leaving management issues as the elephant in the room is not going to help elevate getty from a good to a great company to work for, which is a shame - we should be in the top 100 for sure.

Getty Images2017-09-07