Getty Images Reviews

Updated 17 Sep 2020

4.4
Getty Images CEO Craig Peters
Craig Peters
Pros
  • "Great people and good work life balance(in 58 reviews)

• "The entire agency is comprised of a tight-knit group of great people(in 32 reviews)

Cons
  • "I’m assuming but it makes sense because senior management tells half truths and is anything but transparent(in 17 reviews)

• "There was no knowledge of who upper management was(in 17 reviews)

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Field Sales Manager in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to learn new skills

Cons

There are no real cons at the moment

Getty Images Response

Thank you for this review! We appreciate your providing feedback and are glad you enjoy working here. We’re lucky to have you as part of the team!

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Partnership Executive in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team, flexible management, focused on mental health

Cons

hard to work up structure.

3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Researcher in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Enjoy the job, top environment, nice atmosphere. Good work/life balance.

Cons

Company-wide business decisions can be quite cutthroat.

Senior Manager HR - EMEA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. Should you wish to discuss any of these points in detail please feel free to reach out to me. Best regards Emma -emma.jarosz@gettyimages.com +442032272370

4. "Good old Getty"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people. great photography, good location and good pay.

Cons

Some of the upper managers behave like dictators

Senior Manager HR - EMEA

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate your feedback. I would be interested in discussing your points in more detail so if are happy to speak to me please do get in touch. Best regards Emma- +442032272370 email - emma.jarosz@gettyimages.com

"Getty Images at a cross road"

2.0
    Former Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The employees and middle management I have knows over the years have always been great and passionate about their jobs and Getty Images. You will meet there a strong community of people who genuinely care about their work and want to change the world with images.

Cons

Getty Images Excom has been over the years poor, unimaginative and more concerned by their own future inside the company than by the future of Getty Images. They never had a vision, couldn't see the world had changed and for the most part were overpaid and over-promoted. The only people who had a vision were MG and JK but even them seem to have run out of ideas.

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Thank you for your comments and your positive comments about the organisation. With every organisation there is a period of transition and this is what we are seeing currently across the globe. A great deal of input from all walks of the business goes into any major decision that is made to ensure that the whole populous is represented and has a voice. We acknowledge that we do not have all the answers immediately, however as we have recently witnessed the Executive Committee has invested heavily in the immediate present and future of Getty Images, and we will start the see the fruits of this in the coming months. The company is wholly committed to addressing issues and finding solutions that lead to their resolutions. Whether this is via our Engagement surveys, Global Advisory Committees (GAC), or dialogue during our All Hands global meetings we listen intently to the voices of those who work incredibly hard in their functions to ensure the future of Getty Images is a bountiful one. We certainly welcome all opinions as this keeps us honest across the board. We are aware of where we do well as an organisation and areas where we can improve, and we are certainly committed to doing improving the organisation on a daily basis. To this point I, or another colleague would be more than happy to address your concerns in more depth at your convenience.

"image inspector. bad bad company"

1.0
    Former Employee - Image Inspector in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

autonomous work. get to work on your own.

Cons

pay kept going down. manager was a unfair and malicious. stupid audits.

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Hi, I certainly would like to gain further insight on this if you are happy to discuss. It is vitally important for us to identify issues and investigate and do our level best to resolve them.

7. "Field Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Creative colleagues. Clear corporate strategy.

Cons

Under-investment in the business.

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Thanks for your comments; much appreciated. With the Getty Images brand back wholly in Getty family hands we have seen more investment in a number of functions where we expect to see significant growth over the next 24 months. We are in a place where we have been able to look at under invested areas of the business and put down plans to tackle these issues. Hopefully, we will be able to see the fruits of this in t he first 12 months.

8. "Great and Flexible Employer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Getty Images - looks after its employees

Cons

Very little room for career development

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Thank for taking time to give your feedback. Most certainly, we do endeavour to listen to our employees and take action to ensure that all voices are heard. Whether it be procedures, policies and general day to day issues we certainly try to make this one of the best places that our employees will ever work. In a company that has a low turnover in employees we will reach that point where there mobility of employees is affected. We have addressed this recently and we have seen more layers and opportunities for individuals to move internally across functions and to take up managerial opportunities. With some of our top functions experience significant double digit group teams have also been expanding, giving rise for people to look at new opportunities within. We will continue to develop the careers of individuals with defined career pathing and tangible opportunities. I hope this helps. Always happy to discuss further.

"Very negative culture and poor upper management."

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getty pay well, arguably to attract and keep people.

Cons

There is little to no money for value add initiatives to improve a very negative and toxic culture. Very profit and bottom line focused.

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. All feedback is taken seriously and we take steps to address any issues that are highlighted on this site. Concerning salaries we work with our Compensation & Benefits team to ensure that there is Pay Fairness incorporated into the salaries, and also that they reflect the market's appreciation of the skills of our employees. We currently have a number of initiatives in place, and more to come, via our London Forum and other avenues which serve to elevate our employees and create a greater community. I expect that this will continue to grow and improve the cultural aspects of Getty Images. With the recent changes in the way that Getty Images is owned and run, we have begun to see signs of moving away from any type of bottom line mentality and concentrating on providing an even better service to our clients. Again, we appreciate your feedback and would certainly like to continue the discussion with you if you so wish,

"CSA - London"

Current Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Getty Images full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance Colleagues friendly Working for company that deal in current affairs/news

Cons

Lack of progression Always changing products and what you need to sell. Can never really settle and become a professional on a certain product. Constantly asking to do more and more with little reward

Manager, Talent acquisition - UKI & EMEA

Hi, thank you for your review and feedback. Progression and internal opportunities has been a focal point of discussion and action over the past 12 months . This an issue that many organisations face who do not have a transient workforce, however with our continued growth there has been an increased number of opportunities across many teams and we hope to see more in the future. In our changing industry eco-system products are subject to change in order to keep up with market demands and new trends based on the requirements of our clients. We certainly try t ensure that there is as much continuity as possible to avoid large disruptions internally and externally. Your feedback in valuable and I will certainly be passing these comments. again, thanks for contributing and giving your feedback.

Found 243 reviews