Graduate Fasttrack Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Gordon Bennell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company with a new lease of life!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clapham, London, England

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New benefits introduced including Perkbox, Flexi-time and increased holiday days
    Lots of new responsibilities
    Growing team
    Since merger, this company has been much more positive and the way we work has changed for the better.

Cons

Grad Recruitment will always have it's tough points, not really a con but you've got to be a certain type of person to be able to deal with these tough times.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, employees are enjoying themselves much more now. Just don't let any of the good stuff slip!

"Really enjoy working here"

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time

Pros

The culture at GFT is the one of the best parts of this role, great people with many social events happening throughout the year.
    Great progression opportunities with promotions being entirely based on hitting targets set by management.
    The service we provide for clients is the best i have come across (having come through many recruitment agencies the GFT experience was the best by far, hence why i wanted to work here).
    Genuinely work with some great companies that offer genuine careers and not just jobs for graduates.
    A really friendly office environment which is not always the case in Recruitment.

Cons

There is never a perfect place to work so here are some drawbacks.

Since starting here there have been many changes which has caused slight confusion of how everything works within the company (although the way we do business with our clients has remained the same).
    The office is nothing to shout about.
    Of course long hours but this is generally the case in recruitment.

"Assessment day, biggest waste of time"

Pros

Great contact via email and phone initially. No more pro’s but have to reach the 20 word minimum word count.

Cons

Literally invite you to assessment days purely for numbers. Give you a lot of false promises and hope. Promise you jobs over the phone and make you feel worthless during the assessment day. Was told to not prepare for the “meeting” only to be sent an email hours before the “meeting” being told it’s an assessment day and to bring this, that and the other. They also make cuts without grace or politeness. Don’t get to meet with who you initially were communicating with. Very harsh. Scroll down to where someone else said “made to feel worthless” because that’s exactly what that process was.

Advice to Management

Perhaps speak to candidates on a one to one basis at least ONCE before sending them packing.

4. "Quick and efficient"

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time

Pros

Jack absolute legend. Signed up, went in to meet him next day, 2 days later had a job. Great stuff

Cons

No cons. Hammersmith can be a trek depending on where you’re coming from.

5. "Stressful with unrealistic targets"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Graduate Fasttrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The money is good as with any recruitment job

Cons

Too much emphasis on competitiveness and unrealistic targets

Graduate Fasttrack Response

1 Jun 2018 – Group Operations Director

We're sorry that you had a bad experience. We don't really target people at all in the business and therefore find it odd to have unrealistic targets given to you. We support all employees and have... More

6. "Good Training"

I worked at Graduate Fasttrack full-time

Pros

The training was really good and informative
    You build a relationship with your consultant quickly

Cons

I'm not totally convinced by the promises of salaries they were offering, candidates should be careful to not just go for the first job they suggest

7. "Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hammersmith, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Graduate Fasttrack for over 2 years now. I joined with a limited amount of commercial experience and have had great training and support since day 1. The progression is structured so there is always a next step you are looking to achieve and this is based purely on your performance and targets. Within a year you can be looking to handle your own accounts and get face time with clients. There is no BD involved with the role as it is a much more candidate focused market, however if this is something you want to explore and develop training and the option is on hand. Everyone in the office is genuinely mates, quite a few of the guys play in a 5 a side team during the week and there's always someone up for drinks. The company makes an effort to take you all out for a fun activity each month like Ascot, Go Karting, Zorb Football, Go Ape etc. which gives us a really tight knit team which helps when you spend long working days together! I've never had a month in my time here where I haven't earned commission and the earning potential is great.

Cons

Days are long and you get the usual frustrations you get in recruitment. You need to make sure you have lots of pipeline so when you do have things fall through you've got back up.

Advice to Management

Management is easily accessible to everyone, ideas will usually be listened to and implemented. The company recognises and rewards hard work, keep doing what you're doing.

Graduate Fasttrack Response

25 May 2017 – Manager

Thanks for the feedback! It's definitely not an easy job but we try to make it a great environment to help everyone thrive, we look forward to the things to come!

"Fun and fast-paced Recruitment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Hammersmith, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in Hammersmith, England

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work alongside like-minded people
    Loads of incentives for hitting targets such as trips abroad, michelin star restaurants and more
    Market leading uncapped commission structure

Cons

Can be long hours, but rewarded for your efforts!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, culture is perfect, everyone at work are good friends and no one ever dreads going to work on a Monday

"Working at GFT"

Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Graduate Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Graduate Fasttrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working at Graduate Fasttrack for nearly 3 years and I've absolutely loved my time here so far.

The reason I chose Graduate Fasttrack over several other offers was initally down to the people, everyone who I met here was really laid back and easy to get on with.

But after starting I realised how much more there was to offer.

The training has been fantastic throughout, any worry or issue I've had had with a part of my role has been dealt with thoroughly.

The earning potential is awesome, there's a really good commission structure in place which allows you to make great money, even in the first few months.

The progression is also great, with managment looking to find the best possible route for people to take and doing their best to help you make it happen.

Everyone in the office works really hard for each other. It's a really collaborative environment which is really encouraging.

On top of all of this there are tons of benefits and perks. We have holiday targets, monthly lunch clubs, Christmas Holidays abroad, monthly days out, all paid for by the company.

Cons

The graduate market is great most of the time but can be tough, with it being fast paced and high volume it can get really frustrating at times.

There are the general frustrations of recruitment to contend with as well.

The hours are longer than a 9-5 but I guess that is to be expected in recruitment.

Advice to Management

With the company looking to expand I think it's really important to work hard on maintaining the culture and environment, my advice would be don't let the quality of care staff members currently recieve slip at all with growth.

"Great to begin with..."

I worked at Graduate Fasttrack full-time

Pros

- Great support initially and follow up skills to make sure you attend assessment days for numbers

Cons

- promised job over the phone, would have appreciated honesty without any promises
    - told that I would never get a job through an agency in the future, a little awkward as the following week I got hired and I'm currently working in a similar position through an agency.
    - initimaded during final interview with manager, made to feel worthless

Advice to Management

Get rid of them