Higher The Talent Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Higher The Talent Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2016

5.0
Higher The Talent CEO John Langley (no image)
John Langley
  1. "Fantastic Company"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I worked at Higher The Talent full-time for less than a year

Pros

I had the pleasure in doing an internship with HTT and then was placed into one of their clients for a full time job. The office was intimate, but still professional and made the day very enjoyable. John Langley was a fantastic mentor and someone who I will stay in touch with.

Cons

The company was still quite young in its growth and I needed a larger corporate environment for my next step, but over time the company will grow and be a highly successful firm to work for.

Advice to Management

No advice. I feel like I was managed fairly, and received great life long advice that I shall use in all career paths in later life.

Higher The Talent2016-10-11
  2. "Very Professional - one of the best Rec firms I've seen"

Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Higher The Talent

Pros

Very Professional. They do genuinely try and nurture and finesse your application so your personality and traits fit perfectly with companies, nice to know they care about how you will feel in the job not just trying to gain a commission.

Cons

Hours - but I suppose that comes with the industry. However they end 4pm on a Friday to make up for this.

Advice to Management

Expand, help as many people are you can. Your company deserves to expand.

Higher The Talent2016-08-16

"Quality over Quantity"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Higher The Talent full-time

Pros

Having worked at Higher the Talent I can safely say this is an excellent agency. If you are a graduate looking for a role within recruitment or sales you should definitely contact Higher the Talent as they will actually take the time to listen to your concerns. This focus on quality over quantity is something that can't be said for most of the other graduate recruitment companies in the market. In addition to... this, Higher the Talent has an excellent company culture. As recruitment is a target driven environment some companies can go over the top on micro managing their employees. HTT, on the other hand, has created a high performing, supportive culture that seeks quality, not quantity.

Cons

There are no specific cons to working at Higher the Talent. The market and industry is incredibly competitive so you can expect working hours of 8:30-6:30- but this is common amongst all recruitment companies.

Advice to Management

Nothing bad to say. Management is incredibly focused on the companies growth and the brand image it is portraying to both graduates and clients.

Higher The Talent2016-07-15

"Internship and Campus Brand Manager"

Campus Brand Manager in London, England

I have been working at Higher The Talent

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy working with Higher The Talent, I would highly recommend them to any of my friends / other graduates. John and the other consultants have been fantastic in training me and helping me along the way with being a part of the company.

Cons

I cannot think of any specific negative points to working with Higher The Talent. It has all-round been very rewarding.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to not change what they are doing. As I have already said, I feel that their way of treating new employees to the company is very effective and welcoming.

Higher The Talent2015-11-30

"Working Here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Victoria, England

I have been working at Higher The Talent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits - gym, great pay, one of the best commission structures around (earning from everything you bill) fruit in the office, bacon rolls on Fridays, birthday off and loads more. Support from an influential non executive director and a good company to have on the cv! Working environment and the people. The senior consultants are very supportive and helpful in all of the development.

Cons

The interview process is thorough! They're picky and it can take a while to get through. Long hours - this is recruitment

Higher The Talent2015-11-24
  6. "Great people, training and"

I worked at Higher The Talent full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed working at Higher The Talent; very friendly people, brilliant external training and an interesting and varied job. I think the best thing about working there, is that you are required to take ownership and responsibility for your own work, while having the support of the Managing Director. So you learn quickly in a nice environment.

Cons

I moved away from recruitment into marketing- but this is a great place to do recruitment.

Higher The Talent2015-11-26
  7. "Working at Higher The Talent"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Higher The Talent full-time

Pros

Lots of pros - gym membership, monthly nights out, iPad, iPhone, lots of holidays which increase as you progress, great commission structure, great central location and lots more. The working environment is relaxed and you have the freedom to do your work without being micro-managed. There is lots of support and you can make mistakes as long as you learn from them! It's a young company with huge plans for growth so... it's a really exciting time to be part of the business and you feel involved in all the big decisions. External training sessions and qualifications are also offered as well as one to one mentoring as you progress. Very close knit team who genuinely work together and want every consultant to be successful.

Cons

The highs and lows can be difficult but that's the nature of recruitment! It takes some time to get used to it but once you start reaping the rewards you find it much easier to deal with!

Higher The Talent2015-11-25
  8. "Working at HTT"

Current Employee - Part Time Resourcer

I have been working at Higher The Talent part-time for less than a year

Pros

I really like the team here at Higher the Talent. We all easily chat to each other in the office and the motivation stays high; working hard and having a good time. The training has been really good- everyone is really approachable and I feel happy to ask questions when necessary. Speaking to the grads is interesting as well- I enjoy hearing about their different paths in life and discussing potential careers that... could really change their lives for the better. There is a great company culture here- playing music in the office and regularly going out socialising- going ice skating tonight!

Cons

Nothing to report as of yet! I work part time and work set hours as I am a freelance teacher aside from my work at Higher the Talent. The team are all supportive of each other's interests and have never queried my other commitments.

Higher The Talent2015-11-24
  9. "Working at Higher The Talent"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Higher The Talent full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Higher The Talent for just over 1 year now and I feel like I have learnt so much already! There is a great working culture and supportive team environment. As a 2015 grad myself, I love working with recent graduates as I feel I can really empathize with them. It is great to go into a job whereby time is spent by management on your career development plan so that you have a clear understanding... of where you are now and where you should be ideally within 3,6,9 months etc. The commission structure is really rewarding, the location is great and the social culture is fun - pub Friday's, end of month lunches/dinners and team nights out. Great office location also!

Cons

Having worked here for a year now I still don't have anything negative to say - the only downside for me is the commute, coming to and from Surrey to Central London everyday can make an already long day feel extremely long but that was my own choice!

Higher The Talent2015-11-03