IMC Trading Reviews

Updated 10 Sep 2020

4.4
IMC Trading Co-CEO IMC Financial Markets (no image)
IMC Financial Markets
Pros
  • "Smart people, good collaboration(in 14 reviews)

• "Good pay, free lunch/breakfast/snacks/drinks, supportive work environment, great work/life balance, cool activities(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Lots of turnover, most traders have been in their jobs for less than 3 years(in 7 reviews)

• "There can be more transparency in the decision making processes(in 4 reviews)

1. "Amazing company"

Former Employee - Trader in Amsterdam

I worked at IMC Trading full-time

Pros

IMC is an amazing company to work for. Great group of ambitious, smart and hard-working people in an informal, open and collaborative atmosphere

Cons

It is not easy to get in!

2. "High performance organisation with enviable culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Sydney

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredibly smart employees - Management support - Leaders lead by example - High trust culture - Projects that motivate employees to put in their best work - Employees are extremely well looked after - I’ve never been more engaged at work!

Cons

I wish I had of joined earlier in my career.

3. "Amazing place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Chicago, IL

I worked at IMC Trading full-time

Pros

- Top notch compensation - Brilliant coworkers - Challenging problems - Strong focus on learning and mentorship for new employees - Fun events, happy hours, company trip

Cons

Not a place to coast if that's what you're looking for. IMC expects a lot from employees (and IMC gives you a lot in return).

4. "IMC Trading Amsterdam"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time

Pros

Great place to work. Fun, dynamic work environment where you get an opportnity to work on exciting projects with smart, fun people. Every day can be different from the last. Most people also keep their feet on the ground and are happy to help everyone else to make the company better.

Cons

IMC is a fast moving, dynamic organisation thats need to react quickly to changes in market situations. Need to be resiliant to changes to work here!

"Burnout or get fired"

1.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Amsterdam

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Few people are genuinely good. Very good Hardware and Execution performance.

Cons

Basic pricing and strategies. Privately owned with no option to invest your own money or give equity to employees so you'll never feel it's your company. Managers used to be the best engineers/traders and this doesn't necessary mean a good leader or manager. High pressure and demand to deliver a lot with high quality in short time and then they point fingers when bugs are discovered here or there. It feels like working for an immature company and in thee same time it doesn't offer similar to startups (equity/stocks, true autonomy, and full ownership). Review cycle and your bonus can easily be influenced by politics and favoritism.

6. COVID-19

"Amazing! The best job I’ve ever had."

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Genuinely friendly and supportive team Amazing support through COVID including paid transport to and from work, breakfast, lunch and dinner provided Excellent salary + bonus Learning environment with career progression potential Hugely successful business but very down to earth and highly collaborative

Cons

Honestly can’t think of any

Continue reading

"Great employer, great culture, great opportunities, great benefits."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work with smart, talented and motivated people. Can-do mentality, open culture and opportunity to grow, both professionally as personally. Amazing lunch!

Cons

Nothing to share at this moment.

8. "One of the best places to work!"

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I was looking into IMC, I noticed the Glassdoor rating was pretty high, I was skeptical, but after almost a year at IMC I can really say that this is truly deserved. Everyday I look forward to going to work. Whether I am in Amsterdam, Chicago or Sydney I have experienced a truly global culture. It’s a culture of openness, idea sharing, collaboration and continuous learning where I can ask anyone, anything and I feel part of the team. I enjoy working at IMC so much; The energy, the people the culture is really something you have to experience. I love how the best ideas wins and how involved everyone is. They put trust in me and challenge me to build something that will have a huge impact. Not afraid to make mistakes and always willing to help. I feel that IMC cares deeply for my wellbeing and shows this with great possibilities to develop, awesome gifts, trips and food. Oh, the food, I can write a whole review about the food. It's great. Not only does IMC care about me, there's a sincere culture of charity and giving back. The IMC Foundation contributes to a better society in a big way.

Cons

Working at IMC can be dynamic and priorities can shift very fast.

"Optiver's little brother"

2.0
    Former Employee - Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at IMC Trading full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great kitchen + solid snacks

Cons

Spend all their time focusing on how to be like Optiver. So much so that it's quite annoying. Don't like to swing the big bat, and it shows in culture and results. Some trading leads shouldn't be managing anyone. Culture is closer to a green peace ship than a trading floor. Any time you have to write rules for how people should be talking to each other up on the wall, something has gone very wrong. Especially on a trading floor. Didn't enjoy it, wish I looked elsewhere

"Fast and furious"

Current Employee - Performance Engineer

I have been working at IMC Trading full-time

Pros

One of the fastest (if not fastest) stacks in HFT. Good work/life balance. Relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Relatively low risk appetite when trading.

Found 98 reviews