JOOR Reviews

Found 114 of over 120 reviews

4.1
JOOR CEO Kristin Savilia
Kristin Savilia
Pros
  • "I believe we are at the forefront of helping shape what technology means for the wholesale industry(in 10 reviews)

• "Fast paced company which is achieving tremendous market penetration(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work/ life balance sometimes is impacted due to work load(in 10 reviews)

• "The long hours can get to some, you have to be ready to commit(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sales

14 Jan 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced company which is achieving tremendous market penetration.

Cons

Work/ life balance sometimes is impacted due to work load

JOOR Response

Five stars! We love to see such a positive review. I am so happy you have been enjoying your time at JOOR. I love our team in London and it seems you do too. I am sorry to hear you feel that the work/life balance can be impacted due to workload. We take that feedback seriously and encourage all our employees to prioritize their mental and physical well being by creating clear working boundaries and taking vacation time and mental health days. Thank you for taking the time to write about your ongoing positive experience with JOOR.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Highly talented workforce, great culture

11 Jan 2021 - Data Operations Analyst in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Working hours flexibility - Chance to undertake self-initiated projects - Motivating atmosphere - Very transparent - Possibility to learn new skills - Great pay

Cons

- Company is still growing and still manual work to do, however a chance to bring innovative ideas.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee

Understaffed

11 Feb 2021 - Customer Service
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely colleagues and team, exciting technology.

Cons

Understaffed and unmanageable workload, unfortunately quite chaotic at times.

VP of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your teammates and were excited by the technology. I'm sorry to hear that you experienced an unmanageable workload at JOOR. While fast-growing technology companies always have a lot going on (which is a good thing!), we are prioritizing mental health at JOOR. The HR team is focusing on wellness initiatives (including clearer guidance on work/life balance) as well as increased encouragement on setting boundaries between work and personal life (which is such a struggle during wfh and the pandemic).

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic workplace

16 Dec 2019 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are great, hardworking and supportive

Cons

Toxic environment - be ready to give up on your work/life balance. Many people left because of poor management and lack of career growth perspectives.

5 people found this review helpful

JOOR Response

I’m sorry to hear you had a difficult time at JOOR and appreciate the fact that you think the people are great and supportive even though things did not work out here for you. We understand that not all environments are made for all people. We will continue to work hard to foster a collaborative environment that is focused on growth initiatives and individual success. It’s so important to have happy employees and we will continue to put our employees first moving forward. We wish you continued success with your career moving forward.

5. 5.0

Dynamic and rewarding!

6 Nov 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I have learnt more in my first few months at JOOR than in any previous role. The company encourages you to hit the ground running. It's challenging but full of opportunities to learn from your mistakes and grow. - I really value how active and connected upper management are within the company and find this incredibly motivating. - Working with the amazing brands on JOOR and directly seeing how the platform can make a difference to their workflow is hugely rewarding.

Cons

- Whilst long hours are necessary within the industry, it would be really good to see more importance placed on productivity and encourage a more strategic working culture that helps employees best serve the company by 'doing more in less time'. - In turn, it would be great to see more of the head office activities such as talks and workshops rolled out to outer offices.

16 people found this review helpful

CEO

Thanks so much for the feedback. JOOR has been built on the mindset of working smarter vs. working harder. The core team at JOOR has accomplished so much in a short period of time with this mindset in mind. As a management team, we are working hard to ensure all people across all levels leverage this core value so that we can move even faster than before. That's why we've increased the number of employee training sessions and working to ensure everyone on the team gets formal and informal feedback several times during the year. In those sessions, managers are strongly encouraged to provide tips and tricks on how to increase velocity and improve efficiency. If you aren't getting that then please ask your manager for this. You are thinking about things in a strategic way!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great first job, but don't stay long.

30 May 2021 - Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I learned a lot; The engineers are spread thin at the company so you wear many hats.

Cons

Eng upper managements operation is pretty laughable. Office politics reward promotions over actual hard work. Empty Promises; I was told engineers can rotate to other teams and learn other parts of the stack but we were always too busy for that to happen. Doing well at your job isn't rewarded monetarily. Raises are hard to come by; Leave if you start to realize they are trying to trap you into a position that inhibits growth / pay. (happens a lot here) Salaries are not competitive with the area; Some engineers are grossly underpaid. Product makes niche tech promises with certain clients causing deliverables to constantly shift for no reason.

1 person found this review helpful

JOOR Response

We're glad you feel you learned a lot during your time at JOOR, but clearly, your experience was primarily a negative one and we are sorry to hear that. We hate to see you feel your growth was inhibited! JOOR has a semi-annual performance review and promotion cycle, and we work hard to recognize our employees. As a company, we value growth, transparency, recognition, and communication between executives and the remainder of the company. With that said, evidently, your experience here was not representative of that and we are deeply upset to see that. I would invite you to discuss these topics directly with a member of our HR Team, we are always open to feedback (talenteam@joor.com). As you can imagine, we would hate to see this type of experience become more widespread and we’d be eager to hear more from you (or any current or former employees experiencing something similar). Anything we can learn from you about how this happened would help! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

It was a great stepping stone in my career

8 Jun 2021 - Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

There was a ton of cross-functional collaboration and comradery across the company. I really enjoyed my co-workers and going into the office.

Cons

Definitely didn't see the importance of investing in the right people until it was too late.

JOOR Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the focus on cross-functional collaboration and comradery at JOOR. Those are two of our primary values, and we are always happy when our values resonate with our employees. It sounds as though you felt JOOR was an important part of your career journey, but we were sorry to read that you felt JOOR did not always invest in its employees. We pride ourselves on having a culture of growth and recognition but are upset that this was not reflective of your experience. Thank you again for taking the time to write this thoughtful review.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly so happy to be a part of the JOOR team

19 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities Collaborative thinking Everyone's voice matters Good pay Unlimited PTO Extremely smart people

Cons

It can be pretty demanding at times

JOOR Response

What a glowing review. We love this feedback! JOOR is very proud of its emphasis on growth opportunities, global collaboration, and communication. Our HR and Finance teams work to offer competitive compensation and benefits packages and we are ecstatic to read that you are enjoying your time with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing team, culture, and work

24 Feb 2021 - Senior Integrations Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day 1, JOOR made me feel like a part of the team. I had an excellent onboarding process and was able to quickly start picking up my job responsibilities. The company pushes for healthy work-life balance and emphasizes the importance of mental health, especially during times of remote work.

Cons

None that I can think of so far.

JOOR Response

Wow! What an amazing review. We are so happy to hear you have felt welcome at JOOR from day one and that you feel we prioritize mental health as a company. In this remote environment, we feel that mental health is more important than ever before and we are overjoyed that our programming around maintaining a strong work-life balance has been effective. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

10. 5.0

One of the Good ones

9 Feb 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really try to walk the talk, more than any other establishment I've worked at. Nobody's perfect, but they try. They listen. They try to be as transparent as is appropriate. If you show that you care, they will invest in you.

Cons

Again, nobody's perfect. They have to balance what you want with what everyone else wants (investors, leadership, customers, etc.) and that's very hard. But the point is they try.

JOOR Response

Transparency is a pillar of our values at JOOR and we are so happy to hear you feel that we invest in the careers of our employees. You're absolutely right, no company is perfect but we do try our hardest. As you pointed out, we do genuinely care about our staff and it means a lot that you have had such a positive experience during your time at JOOR. Thank you for your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews