JOOR Reviews

Updated 22 May 2020

4.1
JOOR CEO Kristin Savilia
Kristin Savilia
Pros
  • "I believe we are at the forefront of helping shape what technology means for the wholesale industry(in 10 reviews)

• "I was thrown in to the fast-paced environment that is celebrated at JOOR, which forced me to learn fast and strategically(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "While it's much better now under new management, work-life balance is still a work in progress(in 9 reviews)

• "The long hours can get to some, you have to be ready to commit(in 7 reviews)

"Dynamic and rewarding!"

I have been working at JOOR full-time

Pros

- I have learnt more in my first few months at JOOR than in any previous role. The company encourages you to hit the ground running. It's challenging but full of opportunities to learn from your mistakes and grow. - I really value how active and connected upper management are within the company and find this incredibly motivating. - Working with the amazing brands on JOOR and directly seeing how the platform can make a difference to their workflow is hugely rewarding.

Cons

- Whilst long hours are necessary within the industry, it would be really good to see more importance placed on productivity and encourage a more strategic working culture that helps employees best serve the company by 'doing more in less time'. - In turn, it would be great to see more of the head office activities such as talks and workshops rolled out to outer offices.

JOOR Response

November 9, 2016CEO

Thanks so much for the feedback. JOOR has been built on the mindset of working smarter vs. working harder. The core team at JOOR has accomplished so much in a short period of time with this mindset in mind. As a management team, we are working hard to ensure all people across all levels leverage this core value so that we can move even faster than before. That's why we've increased the number of employee training sessions and working to ensure everyone on the team gets formal and informal feedback several times during the year. In those sessions, managers are strongly encouraged to provide tips and tricks on how to increase velocity and improve efficiency. If you aren't getting that then please ask your manager for this. You are thinking about things in a strategic way!

2. "Toxic workplace"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at JOOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are great, hardworking and supportive

Cons

Toxic environment - be ready to give up on your work/life balance. Many people left because of poor management and lack of career growth perspectives.

JOOR Response

January 16, 2020

I’m sorry to hear you had a difficult time at JOOR and appreciate the fact that you think the people are great and supportive even though things did not work out here for you. We understand that not all environments are made for all people. We will continue to work hard to foster a collaborative environment that is focused on growth initiatives and individual success. It’s so important to have happy employees and we will continue to put our employees first moving forward. We wish you continued success with your career moving forward.

3. COVID-19

"Good culture makes a difference"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at JOOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been challenged and have learned so much that I feel it's significantly helping my career development. I love a fast-paced environment, while I understand others may not. Lastly, the culture. We've been working remotely as a company since March. This hasn't been the easiest adjustment, but I have to commend JOOR. Through this time our Slack is always engaging, there are so many virtual hangouts: happy hours, cooking classes, trivia, scavenger hunts. The company culture was always my favorite aspect to working here, but I'm lucky and grateful it's translated virtually as well.

Cons

Before pandemic I would say office space was a huge thing. Just having more space and conference rooms as the company continued to grow.

Continue reading
  4. "First time Remote Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at JOOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Remote work - International team

Cons

- Lacking internal culture - Legacy stack

5. "IOS Developer"

Current Employee - IOS Developer

I have been working at JOOR full-time

Pros

Most of them are americans. So less micro management

Cons

Looks like, small company, so more work, but you can explore more things

6. "Good Company, Good people"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at JOOR full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good coworkers, high energy work place.

Cons

Longer than average hours, below average pay.

7. "Great people, culture, fast-paced"

Current Employee - Senior User Experience Designer in New York, NY

I have been working at JOOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, culture, fast-paced, very productive

Cons

Shifting constantly, fun for me but could be stressful for others

8. "JOOR provides growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at JOOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

At JOOR the employees have the opportunity to learn more in a few months than they would after years in more corporate environments. The cross-collaborative space is unique and innovative.

Cons

As with any company in a period of rapid growth, there are growing pains that are associated.

9. "Amazing company to work at!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at JOOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really great company culture and sense of unity, higher ups know what they're doing , great social events, everyone makes an effort to get to know you as a new employee, efficient onboarding process, chance to rotate to different parts of the tech stack, great company to start off at as a fresh college graduate

Cons

office is in an old and weird building

10. "Great place to work with a terrific long term vision"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at JOOR full-time for less than a year

Pros

The sales team has excellent leadership and the managers are there to help you succeed. JOOR is leading the way in the wholesale revolution towards a truly digitized marketplace for brands and retailers. The entire organization is very supportive and you can lean on your colleagues to help close deals.

Cons

The team is quickly outgrowing the office space and a more modern location would be great especially to host prospects.

Found 98 reviews