Music Tribe Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2021

Found 281 of over 298 reviews

3.9
Music Tribe Chief Disruptor  Uli Behringer (no image)
Uli Behringer
Pros
  • "The employee is given the opportunity to find his place in Music Tribe(in 15 reviews)

• "Despite diversity, we have a good work environment and culture(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The CEO of the Music Tribe, Uli Behringer, is a textbook narcissistic sociopath who micro-managers at every level of the company(in 17 reviews)

• "Music Group employees because the company has only one part-time HR/admin person for all of the U(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really Great People and Nice Perks

Jul 26, 2021 - Face Graphics Specialist in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Music Tribe is a great company to work for, it is a continuously growing company led by great people with great plans for the company. The employees are well compensated and are provided with other great benefits as well. One of the best things about working for Music Tribe is getting to work with wonderful people. Leaders and peers are very approachable, always willing to lend a hand and make everyone feel welcomed. Music Tribe is a great place to grow your career, besides learning how to effectively collaborate with other people. You won’t feel stagnant here since the company is always evolving, along with the market.

Cons

Working for Music Tribe is challenging since, in order to embrace the digital transformation initiative, work hours are typically longer. With our already fast-paced environment, along with the ongoing digital transition, our workload just seems to pile up and we sometimes lose the concept of time. But I believe that this digital transformation will also benefit us in the future, helping us finish our work faster and serving the customers better.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

A Great Company with Opportunities for Growth

Jul 15, 2021 - Senior Software Test Engineer in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

In the midst of a pandemic, having a work-from-home setup allows us to do our jobs without having to worry about health concerns associated with stepping outside. This is something that I am very grateful for because there have been people who have lost their jobs and have had to find a new way to make a living. But Music Tribe was concerned about our safety and immediately made sure we were taken care of. My responsibilities as a Senior Software Test Engineer include evaluating overall systems using appropriate testing techniques and tools, identify and create test scenarios and documentation, develop scripts to run automated scripts, record defects and issue reports. The assignments for the projects on which I've worked allowed for a wide range of skill applications. Employees are encouraged to think outside the box and listen to new ideas, therefore we are allowed to explore different testing technologies. This allows me to discover new technologies and add more to my knowledge. There aren't enough kind things to say about my coworkers. Extremely talented, skilled and diligent individuals who work well together. I love working with them because it becomes a place where you’d want to excel in whatever you do because everyone around you is doing the same. We all want to succeed together. People are fairly open-minded as well, so fitting in is not difficult. It’s easy to get along with the people of Music Tribe, you just have to talk to them to get to know them. Although Music Tribe is not a software company, you'll be surprised at how many opportunities you'll have to contribute to the development and improvement of websites and internal tools. It is noteworthy that the organization is committed to innovation based on current trends. They provide an excellent opportunity to acquire and learn new, cutting-edge technologies. This is what makes music Tribe a great company. We are ready to do a lot to make sure that our customers are getting only the best of what we can offer. The organization is changing its approach in order to achieve its aim of providing clients with life-changing experiences. The company's commitment to current-day innovation is impressive. It's a privilege to be a part of a growing company and to be growing as well.

Cons

Rapid change necessitates rapid adaptation. Some initiatives have tight deadlines, yet they are nevertheless feasible. It can be very challenging and overwhelming when you have a lot to work on and they all have the same deadlines. It can be very stressful so you have to be able to manage yourself and your time properly in order to meet those deadlines.

2 people found this review helpful

Creative Media Specialist

If you really like to learn more about Music Tribe, please visit www.facebook.com/groups/MyMUSICTribe and contact our Tribers directly to get firsthand and honest feedback.

3. 5.0
      Former Employee

okay company

Jul 19, 2021 - Senior Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

okay company to work for

Cons

nothing really bad to say

Be the first to find this review helpful

4. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Friendly enough place. Interesting products.

Jul 30, 2021 - Super Triber
      Business Outlook

Pros

People here are pretty easy going and nice to work with. There's a range of products which allows for a lot of potential opportunity for variety.

Cons

Some of the corporate culture in other offices is a bit cultish. All the admin that would be better handled in the office (IT, HR) is outsourced to people we've never met. Feels like we're a bit isolated from corporate side. Office location is a dump.

Be the first to find this review helpful

5. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

I love music tribe

Jul 4, 2021 - Sisyphus Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Reading all the Glassdoor reviews always cheers me up when I am feeling depressed about my job. My favorite thing is the fake positive reviews which are still negative, and complain about having too much work to do and the bad work life balance.

Cons

Two things, the CEO and COO, it's all been said before. The CEO will say anything he thinks you want to hear, due to his acute narcissism.

8 people found this review helpful

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

A Company with an Excellent Working Environment

May 23, 2021 - CI Specialist in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Music Tribe has a lot of pros. Aside from the good salary and benefits, the awesome people that I get to work help make my working experience here even better. Being able to work alongside people who think the same and have a united goal motivates me and makes me feel productive. The management also offers us a lot of support and because of that, there is so much room to grow as a professional.

Cons

I absolutely cannot find any cons in Music Tribe. From the compensation, benefits, leaders, co-workers, culture and environment, everything about the company is great. I don’t see any downside working here.

10 people found this review helpful

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A Sinking ship.

Jun 26, 2021 - Software Test Engineer in Manchester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing colleagues Great location. Sets the bar low for your future employers.

Cons

Uli Behringer and his "transformation team"

5 people found this review helpful

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

I can't seen anything because of the Vision

Jun 29, 2021 - Chief Visionary Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some good mates. Finishing for the day

Cons

The moment you wake up until the moment you go to sleep if you get yourself in the firing line. If you are out of the way of the Eye of Sauron you can get away with not doing much because Sauron will change the vision of his Vision and replace it with another Vision.

9 people found this review helpful

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I’ve Learned so Much Working in Music Tribe.

May 6, 2021 - Front End Developer in Kidderminster, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Since I joined Music Tribe, I’ve managed to learn a lot of new things thanks to my team. They are the best part about Music Tribe and are willing to guide and lend a helping hand not just to me but to anyone that needs it. Their attitude has become an inspiration, making me want to do the same to newcomers. I’m one of the Front-End developers here and I handle a lot of web-related projects which need a lot of work and discipline. Each day at work is a challenge in problem solving but it’s so fulfilling once I get to solve something and improve my skills in the process. When that happens, it takes us one step closer to completing a project and makes me a better developer. My teammates have been instrumental in making sure everyone improves. With their guidance, I’ve been able to approach solving problems in different ways and constantly ask myself “Is this solution the most efficient?”, “Is this the best way of teaching someone?” I’m very grateful for them teaching me these things to make me a better person and mentor. The culture in Music Tribe is very friendly and professional. Office politics or gossip aren't things that anyone indulge in. People are genuinely passionate about their work and professional towards each other which results in the highest quality results that we all strive for. The Customer Obsession vision combined with a lot of determined people will only make Music Tribe succeed. Inspiring and encouraging one another has been ingrained in the culture of the company and this can only lead to great things for our customers and partners.

Cons

With Music Tribe being such a fast-paced company, there are a large number of projects that need development. This leads to extended working hours to meet deadlines. There’s very little work life balance which could burn someone out while requirements for a project can quickly change in the middle of development, forcing a restructure of the project to meet the deadline.

3 people found this review helpful

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Apr 26, 2021 - Senior Marketing Leader in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoyed working at Music Tribe

Cons

Poor staff retention can lead to instability

4 people found this review helpful