Nigel Wright Reviews

Updated 11 Jan 2021

4.0
Nigel Wright CEO Paul Wilson (no image)
Paul Wilson
  1. "Great company with fantastic people"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible working and trust from management, warm desks with a strong brand behind you and the people are great to work with.

Cons

Higher than the industry standard performance expectations which can add extra pressure, especially in a pandemic!

2. COVID-19

"Poor communication"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can't think of five

Cons

Poor confusing communication, weak leadership

Continue reading

October 21, 2020

Thank you for your feedback. Should you wish to discuss your experiences with us any further contact hrdept@nigelwright.com

3. "Great 'career kick start' company"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have had (and continue to have) daily training and support to help me progress in my role. The support is fundamental to my confidence and has been an extremely important part of working in my first professional role. The company and my managers care greatly about what I want to achieve from my career and try to structure our activities to suit my aims. Nigel Wright is a very professional, friendly, positive and relaxed place to work. Due to Nigel Wright's long-lasting great reputation, I am proud to say that I work here.

Cons

The office is slightly outdated however, this is currently being improved with some decorating, new carpets and office branding.

January 3, 2020

Marketing is central to how we build our brand and portray clients' employer brands in ways that attract great candidates. Your role is vitally important in helping us achieve this and you, personally, are are integral to our marketing team and the reputation it builds.

4. "Great People"

Current Employee - Support in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people, fantastic flexibility and understanding of work life balance. Manager is supportive and understanding on the whole. Great city centre location making commute easy. Feel that management are always looking to improve, even if they don't always get it right.

Cons

Management have a tendency to be frightened of change.

Continue reading

December 12, 2019Digital Marketing Executive

Thank you for leaving the review. We have actively developed our openness to flexible working during the last 2 years, in efforts to develop our approaches towards life at work. As a company we actively seek suggestions on areas to improve %E2%80%93 although we recognise that we can%E2%80%99t please everyone. We are currently undergoing a company-wide, confidential employee opinion survey that I encourage you to complete if you have not already.

5. "Lots of learning and development"

Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Strong brand Great support services like Marketing, IT Fantastic People and Business Leadership Awesome offices Flexible working Excellent benefits (pension, healthcare, etc.)

Cons

Commission is average No parking CRM system a bit laborious

August 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. It's great to see the value you place on so many of the important aspects of working life here. We will continue to strive to make these even better. There's always a balance to be made between basic salaries and commissions - our aim is to pay fairly and avoid short term bonus-led decisions that are not in the interest of our clients. Parking is always limited in the centre of town and you've got to admit we're in a great location in Grey Street. As for our CRM, changes are currently taking place for implementing in September!

6. "Great flexibility, works well for family"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

People, real team ethos in the Newcastle office Flexibility to work 4 days and still progress career Autonomy Varied clients Continuous learning Central location Good earning potential

Cons

Recruitment can be a challenging career, you have to want to work hard and be able to handle pressure, the team here are very supportive.

July 29, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Everyone here plays their part in creating the right environment to succeed together. Thank you for being part of this.

7. "Happy Monday Morning Feeling"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work, amazing people and very supportive.

Cons

None that I can think of.

8. "Great people and company culture"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Progression opportunities - Flexible working - Team working - Friendly colleagues - Varied work load

Cons

- Head office in Newcastle could do with a re-fresh

July 29, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review. It seems that most people are working flexibly from time to time, as they require. This is something we encourage as part of a modern office environment.

9. "I love my Job"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to work with huge, global clients in a very supportive yet challenging environment.

Cons

The kitchen could do with updating and the addition of a sparkling water tap.

10. "Great opportunities for those willing to put the work in"

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time

Pros

Career progression structure Smart, hard working people Flexible working available Rewards for activity and performance

Cons

It is a recruitment business so a turnover of staff More training with managers. All managers have very different styles within business

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 English Reviews