Premier Group Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Ben Broughton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Best agency for all levels of recruitment consultants - from trainee to management"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Premier Group offer excellent training to their consultants at all levels. I personally came in at a Senior level, but I know all trainees are enrolled into a training program with full support from all senior members of the company including directors to ensure they have all the help they need and to get them to be a successful recruiter. Regular training is provided to all members of the company. The commission structure is amazing - this is my second agency and I am earning almost twice as much as my last company!! Good family feel within the business - everyone, from trainees through to MD's are on first name terms.

Cons

High KPIs compared to other agencies but recruitment is a competitive industry and the more you put in the more you will get out. Long hours but as said previously the more you put in the more you will get out

Advice to Management

Keep providing the same training and support you already do, it clearly works!!

"Great platform to get into the world of recruitment"

Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In-depth training programme
    Benefits and incentives, Personally I didn't make the holidays away but I made it on to a couple of 100% lunch clubs which were awesome!
    On-going support from team around you, make you feel like a person not a number
    Good culture in the office, always share good news.
    Support from even the Talent team who catch up with the new starters regularly.

Cons

High targets and KPIs, I knew what I was letting myself in for an it was clearly explained in the interview what they were, they were high but achievable. I really missed being out in field sales so that's the only reason I left.

Advice to Management

NA

3. "Do not work for this company"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Commission structure, Christmas and summer parties, quarterly incentives and yearly incentives but you’re told as a new starter you can easily go on these incentives. You can’t

Cons

Everything.
    One of those companies who are willing to stab you in the back. From day 1 they sell you the dream of working as a recruitment consultant. Bearing in mind I have done this for many years.
    Not once do they tell you that if you leave the company a few days before pay day they are legally allowed to withhold your wages as it’s written into your contract.
    Long working days. Hours of work are 8:30am-6:30pm and you are expected to start at least 30 mins early and stay at least an hour after you finish.
    Any sales job is cut throat but they are willing to sack anyone for anything. It’s a bad business model and I would advise to stay away from this company. They say they invest time into every employee which is not true.

Advice to Management

Review business structure and senior staff. Would not recommend to anyone.

"Excellent company and great people"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively.
    I started as a trainee and worked my way up to Team Leader level. I was lucky enough to enjoy some amazing experiences along the way, including holidays to Dubai, Miami, Barcelona and others, along with trips to some of the best restaurants in the country.
    Premier are all about rewarding success and excellence. I have read some of the negative reviews on this site from people who have left, and it annoys me to read about things such as 'long hours' or 'bad work life balance'. Everyone at Premier understands what is expected of them, and it's no surprise that so many excellent consultants have been with them for many years.
    I always had a very good relationship with the management team, Andrew W, Ben and Andrew T. They are all extremely dedicated and ambitious people who genuinely want the company and its staff to be the best, and I have the upmost respect for all of them.
    I am in no doubt Premier will continue to grow and succeed, because of the number of great people behind it. A truly great company to have been a part of.

Cons

No cons to be mentioned

"Incentives are great!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always made to feel very welcome whatever office you visit. I've been on a few of the incentives myself so they defiantly can be achieved and when your on them you get treated like royalty within the company! All round a good company to work for - does what it say on the tin!

Cons

Like all sales roles the hours are long however you do get very well rewarded for your hard work so it pays off!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! The training is great!!

"Great experience for anyone wanting a career in Recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Team support and incentives!
    Great earning potential for those for are willing to work for it.

Cons

Being a sales roles you have KPIs and long hours, That were not suited to me personally.

"1st Agency Role"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warm welcome by all the employees (all 4 offices) at the Summer Party which I was invited to after just 4 days.

IMPACT training thorough and detailed. Not pushed into the role without having confidence in what I was doing.

Supported by fellow colleagues, obvious progression structure with every senior / team leader being promoted within the company.

Family like environment, invited to lunches, pool games, nights out from before I even started.

Incentives and commission structures are clear and achievable. Regularly see colleagues 'banging in deals'. Flat screen TV's showing daily success stories.

Offices have break out areas which is vital for the recruitment environment. You are encouraged to use these to let your hair down.

Cons

Almost seems too good to be true... You need to be aware / sure you want to be in recruitment but as long as you are, Premier Group will support you to achieve your full potential. Sounds cheesy but its true, you work hard to make money, they will work hard to keep you happy! Holidays, watches, commission etc...

Advice to Management

They are always visible and approachable.

"Career Suicide - if you're serious about your career stay well away"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

I'll admit I was sold during the interviews on the nice offices and the incentives you can go on.

Cons

-zero work/life balance, incredibly long days means no social life or time to relax during the week. everyone always seemed exhausted.
    -VERY kpi and micromanagement driven, there is a kpi for pretty much everything, every aspect of your work is constantly monitored. I lost count of the passive aggressive emails I received. Your call times are constantly monitored and you'll hear about it if you're not up to scratch. People were forced to stand for low call times.
    -very old fashioned recruitment techniques, you are trained to lie to candidates in order to extract information from them to benefit yourself. very much what I imagined recruitment in the 90s to be like.
    -awful retention rates, very much a revolving door, people join last a few weeks/months then off they go elsewhere
    -tired and highly frustrated staff, the majority of staff would talk in the pub about how much they didn't enjoy working there and wanted to leave
    -terrible basic pay, I left with a years experience and immediately got a 5k increase in my basic on a almost identical commission scheme and better working hours

"WORST COMPANY"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

NONE. THERE SIMPLY ARE NONE.

Cons

Very immoral. Not a trusting company. No racial diversity, all the people seem to be the same.

Advice to Management

Please invest in your staff

"Overall great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training - Full in depth training, everything is gone through in detail meaning you can go from minimal knowledge to a fully fledged consultant with only effort applied
    Commission - The commission structure is very good in comparison to other recruitment companies I interviewed with
    Atmosphere - A great bunch of people to work with, it makes the days fly by

Cons

So far there aren't to many that I have come across

Advice to Management

As of yet I do not have any advice and will update if there is