Premier Group Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Ben Broughton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Career Builder & Money Earner"

Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incentives - If you're prepared to work hard, and I mean really hard, then there are plenty of rewards and incentives along the way which you will earn! I've literally been on some of the best incentives that most people can only dream of.

Career - I developed my career from Trainee Consultant through to Business Manager over the course of 10 years, and have my sights set on future promotions. It's not a given, but if you are doing well and determined to develop your career, then there is plenty of opportunity. Initial promotions are based on sales targets (Senior/Lead Con) but after this you have the chance to steer your career in the direction you want, if you have the capability to do so.

Commission - Having worked in recruitment prior to Premier Group, I can tell you that wherever you work, you have to graft for your money. I've put in 15 hour shifts to ensure I'm doing enough business to get to the higher end of the commission structure (30-40%), 11 to 12 hour days as standard. I've earned commission beyond expectations (£12k in a single month), and way beyond what I could have earned at other agencies.

People - The business has a good structure across management, sales, business support and back office. You're never far away from someone who can/will help you, as long as your prepared to ask!

Cons

Long Hours & Pressure - As above, if you want to do well in this job, you have to put in the hours and be assertive with your time. If you think you can make a ton of money by doing the basic hours, then this is not the job for you. Any sales job comes with targets and pressure, so if you cant handle it then consider something else.

Advice to Management

Keep on investing in the business, technology and the people, you have a good thing going here.

2. "Great back office team but underpaid"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours for back office staff (when you’re allowed to use them)
    Free breakfast
    Great office and location
    Back office join in on some incentives
    Company parties

Cons

Quick to get rid of people, “if your face fits environment”
    Underpay for back office
    Blame culture
    Lack of appreciation that back office hold everything together
    Awards are always a popularity contest and don’t reflect the work put in

Advice to Management

When you’re paying sales staff as much as you do, don’t forget the little people
    Look at the current market and how much they could be paid elsewhere or they won’t hand around
    Put in a proper bonus structure if you’re going to pay bonuses, you should make it fair at least and not based on whether the face fits
    Generally it was a great team, and nice environment most of the time, work on keeping it that way
    Lastly, stop making the parties and nights out forced fun if you make something compulsory it immediately takes some fun out of it!

"Real earning potential & career progression"

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Full disclosure of what is expected of you in terms of effort & KPI's right from the start and the support to meet and exceed these
    Progression plan mapped out so you know exactly what you need to do to achieve
    Internal support from Team Leaders and Managers to develop recruitment skills as well as industry knowledge
    Great team environment
    The opportunity to earn way more than in other roles with uncapped commission on top of your basic
    Being able to become a vertical market specialist and to develop your own key accounts with clients in your area

Cons

Can be a high pressure environment which some can find stressful but this is made clear when you join as is expected in sales!
    Long hours are required to adjust to the industry and exceed KPI's but again you will see the benefit of this so it's worth it

Advice to Management

Keep on communicating with all employees- everyone loves to be kept in the loop in terms of business goals!

"The best agency I have ever worked for!"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England
    Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is the third Recruitment agency I have worked at - and it is by far the best! Your opinion is actually listened to and valued - even if management do not agree with your idea, they will give you feedback and take it on board, I cannot tell you how important that is in a job like this.
    Everyone is on first name terms in the company, from trainees through to directors. It is like a family feel.
    Your hard work and efforts are constantly rewarded - even a simple email from the MD or director saying well done, none of these things go unnoticed.
    It's a good fun place to work!
    The commission structure, and all of the other benefits - down to the PT sessions and breakfast everyday!!

Cons

KPIs are higher than other agencies but you are told about this before you join - plus it works.. recruitment is a numbers game at times!
    Hours are long, but what you put in is what you get back. Its a sales role, at the end of the day the more you are willing to do the more money you will make..

Advice to Management

Carry on listening to your staff!

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Great place to work and a great work/life balance. Team fit is very important when hiring so leads to a good morale in the office. Rewarded monthly, quarterly and yearly on performance such as monthly lunches at Michelin star restaurants and quarterly and yearly trips to Vegas and New Orleans

Cons

Long hours but you get out what you put in to the job role with Premier Group's great commission structure!

"Do not work for this company"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time

Pros

Commission structure, Christmas and summer parties, quarterly incentives and yearly incentives but you’re told as a new starter you can easily go on these incentives. You can’t

Cons

Everything.
    One of those companies who are willing to stab you in the back. From day 1 they sell you the dream of working as a recruitment consultant. Bearing in mind I have done this for many years.
    Not once do they tell you that if you leave the company a few days before pay day they are legally allowed to withhold your wages as it’s written into your contract.
    Long working days. Hours of work are 8:30am-6:30pm and you are expected to start at least 30 mins early and stay at least an hour after you finish.
    Any sales job is cut throat but they are willing to sack anyone for anything. It’s a bad business model and I would advise to stay away from this company. They say they invest time into every employee which is not true.

Advice to Management

Review business structure and senior staff. Would not recommend to anyone.

"Excellent company and great people"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Reading, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked at Premier for nearly 5 years, and I will always look back at my time there very positively.
    I started as a trainee and worked my way up to Team Leader level. I was lucky enough to enjoy some amazing experiences along the way, including holidays to Dubai, Miami, Barcelona and others, along with trips to some of the best restaurants in the country.
    Premier are all about rewarding success and excellence. I have read some of the negative reviews on this site from people who have left, and it annoys me to read about things such as 'long hours' or 'bad work life balance'. Everyone at Premier understands what is expected of them, and it's no surprise that so many excellent consultants have been with them for many years.
    I always had a very good relationship with the management team, Andrew W, Ben and Andrew T. They are all extremely dedicated and ambitious people who genuinely want the company and its staff to be the best, and I have the upmost respect for all of them.
    I am in no doubt Premier will continue to grow and succeed, because of the number of great people behind it. A truly great company to have been a part of.

Cons

No cons to be mentioned

"Incentives are great!"

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always made to feel very welcome whatever office you visit. I've been on a few of the incentives myself so they defiantly can be achieved and when your on them you get treated like royalty within the company! All round a good company to work for - does what it say on the tin!

Cons

Like all sales roles the hours are long however you do get very well rewarded for your hard work so it pays off!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do! The training is great!!

"Great experience for anyone wanting a career in Recruitment"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I worked at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, Team support and incentives!
    Great earning potential for those for are willing to work for it.

Cons

Being a sales roles you have KPIs and long hours, That were not suited to me personally.

"1st Agency Role"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Reading, England

I have been working at Premier Group Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Warm welcome by all the employees (all 4 offices) at the Summer Party which I was invited to after just 4 days.

IMPACT training thorough and detailed. Not pushed into the role without having confidence in what I was doing.

Supported by fellow colleagues, obvious progression structure with every senior / team leader being promoted within the company.

Family like environment, invited to lunches, pool games, nights out from before I even started.

Incentives and commission structures are clear and achievable. Regularly see colleagues 'banging in deals'. Flat screen TV's showing daily success stories.

Offices have break out areas which is vital for the recruitment environment. You are encouraged to use these to let your hair down.

Cons

Almost seems too good to be true... You need to be aware / sure you want to be in recruitment but as long as you are, Premier Group will support you to achieve your full potential. Sounds cheesy but its true, you work hard to make money, they will work hard to keep you happy! Holidays, watches, commission etc...

Advice to Management

They are always visible and approachable.