ProspectUs Reviews

Updated 29 May 2020

4.1
ProspectUs CEO Peter Beeby  (no image)
Peter Beeby
0 Rating
  1. "The best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England

I have been working at ProspectUs full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company, ethical culture, friendly team

Cons

The office is based in Holborn, very busy tube station

2. "Values Driven, Impact Focussed, Great People"

Current Employee - Consultant in Holborn, England

I have been working at ProspectUs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A certified B-Corp, Prospectus walk the talk in relation to their social impact, their approach to diversity and organisational values. They work exclusively with beyond profit organisations including other ‘profit with purpose’ businesses. This is a motivating factor for most of their staff. They place a high premium on unlocking the skills and strengths of individuals; sustained and trusting relationships with clients and candidates alike; and have a strong culture based around their values.

Cons

They’ve made some progressive changes to working practices and have accelerated the way the leadership empower others.

Continue reading

"Nice people, but the company adopts poor practices"

1.0
    Former Freelancer - Recruiter
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ProspectUs

Pros

The majority of people are warm and welcoming which makes the first few weeks in a job a lot easier. Good benefits, and good links to help improve mental health and well being at work.

Cons

Although the majority of people are nice, unfortunately there are particular managers who abuse their "power"- and definitely aren't the right people to manage or lead teams, especially when they adopt an authoritarian approach, micromanage, take their bad mood out on the team and pull folk up for petty matters. Managers are meant to support, empower and develop their staff - but unfortunately I did not experience this within my team, and was exposed to what only can be described as toxic hierarchy - which - for a new starter - I found incredibly demoralizing and undermining. It's a shame how one person can totally taint your experience.

Continue reading
  4. "Wonderful organisation to work with"

Former Contractor - Administrative Assistant

I worked at ProspectUs

Pros

They are extremely supportive and caring. I was looking for temp roles while working for them. Throughout the whole process of my application, they were very profession and helpful.

Cons

Can be difficult to get through by phone or via email however, when you do they are very quick to assist.

5. "Prospectus"

4.0

I have been working at ProspectUs full-time

Pros

Feedback given on client interviews

Cons

When sending details about potential assignments two rates of pay are given: basic and pay inclusive of holiday pay. There have been a couple of instances where for very low paid jobs only one rate of pay was stated: pay including holiday pay and I assumed it was the basic pay. It wasn't until I accepted the assignment and found out that the pay advertised already included holiday pay and the basic pay was actually lower.

6. "Consultant"

I have been working at ProspectUs full-time

Pros

Supportive collaborative office culture, with strong company values.

Cons

Flat structure, not a lot of room for progression into senor management

"The nicest people!"

Current Contractor - Account Administrator in Holborn, England

I have been working at ProspectUs for less than a year

Pros

The people - this has to be the friendliest, most open-minded and down-to-earth place I have worked. Everyone has time for you, even as a temp. Lovely people! This is also the ideal place to temp at if you're looking for work. The temps and perms team share candidates so there's no pressure or competition. I literally went for a registration appointment and ended up with work 2 days later! I was a little anxious about working in recruitment but the office atmosphere and vibe is just really positive. The people who work here genuinely care and have passion!

Cons

None! Honestly, if I could work here permanently, I would!

"Great Business"

I have been working at ProspectUs full-time

Pros

Prospectus is a values driven business working with the charity/beyond profit sectors. Invests in its people and offers opportunities for career progression across business areas.

Cons

Sometimes decisions can take too long, but this is improving.

"The cons outweigh the pro’s"

2.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at ProspectUs full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good basic salary. Promotes internal learning. Promote and encourage collaboration within the organisation. Good staff parties.

Cons

There is too much of a hierarchy within the company which makes processes too slow. There are a lot of big egos within the senior leadership team. Management have been promoted for tenure and not because they are the right people for the job. Promotes a no commission structure culture to clients although still charges the same fees as competitors - money goes to the senior leadership team in their bonuses. There is a bully culture with management - there have been a few ‘investigations’ Need a HR trained professional - A member of staff was given a formal warning for forgetting a meeting with the CEO??!?

Continue reading
  10. "Good agency helped me find work"

4.0
    Temp in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ProspectUs

Pros

Friendly consultants that are very proactive

Cons

It took a while to get assessed and on their books but once I was registered with them, I was put forward for quite a few positions

Found 13 reviews