RWDI Reviews

RWDI President Michael Soligo
Michael Soligo
  1. "Model Maker"

4.0

I have been working at RWDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere, great team in all departments, training opportunities and structured development.

Cons

Lower rates of pay than usual architectural model making and more technical focused rather than creative work.

"No career path"

1.0

I worked at RWDI full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly and relaxed environment. No dress code or rigid rules are imposed to the members of staff. Free tea and coffee.

Cons

Very poor office conditions, no career path or progression. Policies are not clear and there is lack of communication with senior management.

Continue reading

3. "Great company with friendly staff"

Project Engineer in Milton Keynes, England

I have been working at RWDI

Pros

Management is great and the culture is very relaxed Lots of approchable experienced staff willing to teach younger engineers Offices in Canada and India that staff can travel to given the opportunity

Cons

Salary doesn't always seem to be as competitive as with other engineering firms There isn't a clear career progression path

Continue reading
  4. "Great environment, low wages"

2.0

I have been working at RWDI full-time

Pros

It's the world leading company in its field. Great learning opportunities, and top-notch projects all the time. Very relaxed, friendly and international working environment.

Cons

Salaries are very low, and employees are not given any consideration. Benefits are set to the minimum allowed by the law.

5. "Absolutely awful do not work for them"

1.0

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at RWDI

Pros

There are no pros or good reasons to work for RWDI

Cons

Low pay awful training with some rude disrespectful back stabbing staff And no way of moving forward within the company

RWDI Response

March 23, 2017Sr HR Advisor

Dear Team Member, We are concerned to hear that your current experience with RWDI has not been positive. Your description of your experience is not consistent with the values of our organization nor the top employer we strive to be. Your feedback is valuable to us and we encourage you to reach out to your leader or Human Resources representative to address your concerns directly. All the best.

6. "Great people!"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Guelph, ON

I worked at RWDI full-time

Pros

Great place to work, great people and world leader in their industry.

Cons

The compensation is only "average"

7. "Internship"

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Guelph, ON

I worked at RWDI full-time

Pros

Interesting work, filled with smart people

Cons

Little upwards mobility within the company

8. "A good stepping stone"

Former Employee - Junior Environmental Engineer

I worked at RWDI full-time

Pros

Diverse, experienced team; Lots of interdisciplinary work and a comfortable office environment with a gym, lockers, nice lunchroom, etc. Everyone is friendly and there are many new hires coming in through co-op so for someone just beginning their career you have the opportunity to make friends and connections.

Cons

Lots of hard work for less than ideal compensation; things must be done according to a certain procedure but nobody tells you what that is until you've done the task and then you find out you've done it wrong and wasted time; your timesheet dictates your life and woe be to they that uses too much time on a project for the project managers are your capricious gods now

9. "Lost in the woods"

Current Employee - Senior Specialist in Guelph, ON
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at RWDI full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is no end to brilliant co-workers. there is no end to high profile interesting projects.

Cons

There is no end to dysfunctional leadership. There is no end to change of direction. The company has lost itself while trying to expand into every corner it can find. Putting people under constant pressure does not lead to the highest quality nor highest quantity. it just leads to trouble. The compensation is at best approaching below median.

10. "Great People"

Current Employee - Computer Lab Monitor in Guelph, ON

I have been working at RWDI full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people - very smart and strong team culture

Cons

Management is disconnected from the day to day challenges of the business. Staff not supported.

Found 33 reviews