Red Academy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Colin Mansell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "The community is everything!"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

The people who work at RED are GREAT. It is a tremendously inclusive and fun environment. Your team turns into your family. I work as an instructor, and watching the students progress from the first week to the twelfth is so rewarding. You are given a lot of autonomy and ownership for how you conduct the lessons, as long as you meet the learning objectives. This means you can teach with your own style and give it your own twist, making it a invaluable experience for you and your students. It's a blast!

Cons

The workload can be intense at times. There could be better communication between all the teams, this is something that is in progress and we are working on every day. Everyone works so hard, I do feel like more recognition would be beneficial. But, the pros certainly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

I would think about giving more monetary recognition for the hard work your employees are putting in every day.

2. "Strong education, but mixed experience with administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

Value and experience of the education they offered was very impressive

Cons

I found their administration of students, schedules, information dissemination, and certain promises lacking slightly.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear whether you're a school or a business.

3. "Redefining education is the only future of education"

I worked at Red Academy full-time

Pros

Supportive
    Growth
    Innovative
    Proactive
    Open
    Aproachable
    Respond to feedback
    They actually listen

Cons

Too much fun
    Maybe too short
    Raises your expectations
    Makes you rethink other places
    Don't want to leave at the end

4. "Amazing Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

The people here are incredible. They are passionate, kind and care about student success.
    I feel like I am part of a team and we are changing the lives of our students and partners

Cons

We are growing fast so it is difficult to keep all the pieces up in the air sometimes but if you like to be challenged this is a great place

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what you are great at!

"Inspiring + Innovative"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

When I made a career change to come to RED I wanted to be a part of a company that I believed in and that was looking to make an impact. This has delivered and then some!

- Great culture
     - The best people I have ever worked with
     - Dogs allowed
     - Driven by values
     - Opportunity to grow (or move)
     - Collaborative

The list goes on!

Cons

As with most start-up companies, there is lots of work to be done, which I believe is actually an opportunity to create something great!

Advice to Management

Keep the great hires coming!!

"Effort in / Reward out"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

RED is a great place to work if you want to get inspired while still keeping the ability to practice your craft. From team lunches to fun weekly events - there is always a great vibe and laughter. The CEO works super hard to drive innovation and inspiration along with transparency and respect. Team values are super important at RED. You have the freedom to create greatness. What could be better?

Cons

Prom, the end of the student cohort, event had all veggie nibbles. :) We spoke up...and were heard. 50% veggies and 50% mmmmmmeat this round.

Advice to Management

See note on meat :)

"Innovative, challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Red Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working in the education industry for a long time now and I'm proud to say that working at RED was the first time I was able to find an opportunity to bring innovation to an old, broken system (traditional education). It's great to work somewhere that offers valuable skills training with revolutionary learning methods and allows graduates to be more prepared professionals to today's rapidly evolving work environment.
    Working at RED is both fun and challenging at the same time. Things happen at quite a fast pace, so it requires a broad skill set and autonomy to successfully perform your job.
    The team and the company's culture make your every day at work go smoothly. It's amazing how welcoming the team is, in a very short time you feel like you're part of the family.

Pros
    Great environment, amazing people, real change, impact driven vision

Cons

As in most fast-growing companies, there are pain points and processes to be set up but we are constantly working to improve them.

Advice to Management

With great power comes great responsibility

"Forward Thinking + Very Rewarding!"

I have been working at Red Academy (More than a year)

Pros

- Very fun and enthusiastic staff
    - Daily rhythms bring the entire team together
    - Lots of new projects to work on which allow us to constantly able to learn new skills
    - Supportive coworkers and management

Cons

- None that I can think of!

9. "FT - RED Academy"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Amazing team
    - Incredibly fast growing company with lots of room to grow and create a role that is perfect for you
    - Great support system in both peers and management.
    - Dog friendly office

Cons

Honestly, nothing I can think of. RED is a very fast moving company and there is no chance you will not grow here, although this is not really a con in my eyes. Who wants the same old job day in and day out - you won't find that here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - really proud to be part of this team!

"retention rates dont lie"

Pros

Collaborative team, welcoming and friendly

a busy environment with lots of things to do. Comes with it's share of overtime hours, so it's not for everyone. Instructors are also expected to pitch in with administrative tasks - this might be appealing for some, if you are the kind of person who likes variety.

Cons

- really high turnover rate. No one seems to want to stay much more than a year here.
    - A lot of students are unhappy with the education they receive. It can be tiring to feel like you are letting students down, but you also aren't given the tools to help support them in an actual realistic way.
    - staff and instructors are also fed a lot of promises about where the company is going, raises, perks, etc, and most promises are not followed through on. On top of this, upper management is not transparent at all, making it very hard to trust any decisions or promises that are made.
    - very little work life balance. its very 'all hands on deck all the time' type thing. Don't expect much free time.
    - think twice before working here. There are some perks, but overall there is little support, upper management makes decisions on a whim, and applies minimal band-aid solutions to serious problems + concerns.

Advice to Management

- listen to your staff's requests for support, and do something about it.
    - be more honest and transparent about decisions that are made.
    - don't make promises to staff that you know you can't keep