Red Academy Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.2
Colin Mansell
  1. "A Place to Grow"

I have been working at Red Academy part-time

Pros

Red is a unique place, it is bustling with creative ideas, enthusiasm, and talented people. If you are looking to experience what Toronto's gig economy is all about, this is for you. The culture is all about getting-it-done and having fun while at it. There is no shortage of social events and talks to inspire your thinking and motivate you to do/try new things.

Cons

Lack of structure and support when it comes to resolving organizational challenges. Lack of training for new employees and "Sink or swim" mentality

Advice to Management

- Create standardized training for new hires - Actively promote rules of conduct & clearly defined values - Improve compensation to retain quality staff

Red Academy2019-02-20

"The community is everything!"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

The people who work at RED are GREAT. It is a tremendously inclusive and fun environment. Your team turns into your family. I work as an instructor, and watching the students progress from the first week to the twelfth is so rewarding. You are given a lot of autonomy and ownership for how you conduct the lessons, as long as you meet the learning objectives. This means you can teach with your own style and give it your...

Cons

The workload can be intense at times. There could be better communication between all the teams, this is something that is in progress and we are working on every day. Everyone works so hard, I do feel like more recognition would be beneficial. But, the pros certainly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

I would think about giving more monetary recognition for the hard work your employees are putting in every day.

Red Academy2017-12-11
    • "Strong education, but mixed experience with administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Red Academy

Pros

Value and experience of the education they offered was very impressive

Cons

I found their administration of students, schedules, information dissemination, and certain promises lacking slightly.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear whether you're a school or a business.

Red Academy2017-11-08
      • "Redefining education is the only future of education"

I worked at Red Academy full-time

Pros

Supportive Growth Innovative Proactive Open Aproachable Respond to feedback They actually listen

Cons

Too much fun Maybe too short Raises your expectations Makes you rethink other places Don't want to leave at the end

Red Academy2017-10-18
      • "Amazing Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

The people here are incredible. They are passionate, kind and care about student success. I feel like I am part of a team and we are changing the lives of our students and partners

Cons

We are growing fast so it is difficult to keep all the pieces up in the air sometimes but if you like to be challenged this is a great place

Advice to Management

Stay focused on what you are great at!

Red Academy2017-08-04

"Inspiring + Innovative"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

When I made a career change to come to RED I wanted to be a part of a company that I believed in and that was looking to make an impact. This has delivered and then some! - Great culture - The best people I have ever worked with - Dogs allowed - Driven by values - Opportunity to grow (or move) - Collaborative The list goes on!

Cons

As with most start-up companies, there is lots of work to be done, which I believe is actually an opportunity to create something great!

Advice to Management

Keep the great hires coming!!

Red Academy2017-07-31

"Effort in / Reward out"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

RED is a great place to work if you want to get inspired while still keeping the ability to practice your craft. From team lunches to fun weekly events - there is always a great vibe and laughter. The CEO works super hard to drive innovation and inspiration along with transparency and respect. Team values are super important at RED. You have the freedom to create greatness. What could be better?

Cons

Prom, the end of the student cohort, event had all veggie nibbles. :) We spoke up...and were heard. 50% veggies and 50% mmmmmmeat this round.

Advice to Management

See note on meat :)

Red Academy2017-06-29

"Innovative, challenging & Rewarding"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Red Academy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working in the education industry for a long time now and I'm proud to say that working at RED was the first time I was able to find an opportunity to bring innovation to an old, broken system (traditional education). It's great to work somewhere that offers valuable skills training with revolutionary learning methods and allows graduates to be more prepared professionals to today's rapidly evolving work environment....

Cons

As in most fast-growing companies, there are pain points and processes to be set up but we are constantly working to improve them.

Advice to Management

With great power comes great responsibility

Red Academy2017-06-23

"Forward Thinking + Very Rewarding!"

I have been working at Red Academy for more than a year

Pros

- Very fun and enthusiastic staff - Daily rhythms bring the entire team together - Lots of new projects to work on which allow us to constantly able to learn new skills - Supportive coworkers and management

Cons

- None that I can think of!

Red Academy2017-06-22
        • "FT - RED Academy"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Amazing team - Incredibly fast growing company with lots of room to grow and create a role that is perfect for you - Great support system in both peers and management. - Dog friendly office

Cons

Honestly, nothing I can think of. RED is a very fast moving company and there is no chance you will not grow here, although this is not really a con in my eyes. Who wants the same old job day in and day out - you won't find that here!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work - really proud to be part of this team!

Red Academy2017-06-22