RedEye Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Garry Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

Great working culture with some really smart people...

Cons

The industry we work in is constantly changing which is fun and challenging at the same time...

2. "Very good company to start or gain experience"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is so amazing. Everyone were so friendly, kind and try to take care of each other.
    I really found very well working with this company, I managed to learn new things regarded my role and it was a shame when I left as they started to use proper Agile methodology, which unfortunately I have to admin it is not easy to find on agencies.

Cons

No any cons, I really suggest working with this company.

3. "Senior Solutions Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in London, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It offers so many perks for the employee (ex: free breakfast, cycle to work scheme)
    Staff is very friendly
    Opportunity to work on various brands websites and learn which designs works the best
    Opportunity to improve your skills with online resources like LinkedIn Learning

Cons

I didn't see any downsides working at RedEye.

4. "Depends on your team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In general amazing people with a few exceptions (but you'd expect that everywhere)
    Benefits include (but not limited to) breakfast (cereals, bread, jam, fruit), health insurance, Birthday off, 25 days holiday + extra few days depending on the length of service, casual dress code, subsidised taxi for those who commute by train, flexible working hours, working from home (sometimes for a long period of time), console, table football and table tennis in breakout area, awesome Summer and Christmas parties + plenty of social events.
    The managers I had were very nice and understanding people doing their best to make us happy.
    Garry is a great CEO doing a great job both for the business and for the employees.

Cons

The only big concern I had was lack of growth and training opportunities

Advice to Management

Lynda and free sources like Code Academy are not enough, I'd consider buying subscriptions for things like Linux Academy and paying for people's certification. Also I'd hire more people for HR team as they have to deal with so many things that it makes it unrealistic to manage.

5. "Moving in the right direction"

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career and to be challenged.

Cons

Working hours can be long.. It sometimes feels like communication of new products and developments across the business from Senior Management could be better. In the industry we work in competition is fierce so we have to always stay ahead of the competition but the way we do this sometimes isn't communicated well enough.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees and teams more, there is a lack of pat's on the backs. Verbalize it more when someone within your team has done a good job!

6. "a rotten apple spoils the barrel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

some fine people work here and most enjoy it
    most managers are capable

Cons

environment used to be a lot better.
    manager has been making life miserable for a fair number of people for quite a while now and nothing has been done, despite numerous reports from collegues whove left stating they reported it in there exit interview.

Advice to Management

take notice of the exit interviews

7. "I wish I coud give a better rating..."

I worked at RedEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people with the exception of mid-tier management.
    Opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects.
    Benefits such as breakfast provided, there was a pool, table football and table tennis available to play during lunch time, awesome Summer and Christmas socials.

Cons

Well. you needn't take my word for it; look at all the other reviews.
    Though RedEye like themselves to be perceived to have a fun and relaxed environment, this is very much not the case.

So many of the mid-tier managers were not only undertrained, but actually not trained at all. In their defence, after this was flagged, they did invest into management training... but it was too little too late for the team leads that had already been given far too much control over what they were simply not able to handle.

It's a real shame, because some many people at RedEye were truly amazing!
    I completely agree with the other reviews, because of these issues did turn the workplace into a very toxic environment. This is just my opinion, though I do hope you'll read the other reviews and understand that I do not leave this review out of spite.

Management aside, there were a significant amount of interns and junior level staff employed for RedEye and not given the guidance they require. Whether that be through lack of Senior level people that could actually train them or poor management.

Advice to Management

Despite the fact that mid-tier managers / team leaders are going though some training now - please restrict the amount of influence they have until they can prove they're ready to manage people - and not just the ones they get along well with.

If you want to continue employing Juniors and Interns, please first employ a couple of people that have the time and skill to train them up in the first place.

I am aware that my rating seems unfair, but you need to treat the issues with the management of employees with paramount importance.

8. "Real opportunities - it’s what you make it"

Former Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people with some real experts in their fields to learn from
    Good range of clients with lot of big names
    Real opportunities to get involved and push the boundaries
    Career progression
    Management want to get everyone involved in building the business
    Investment in products constant so what was being offered to clients was very good

Cons

Lovely office but bit out on the sticks but close to the M6
    Fast growing company so structure still evolving
    Can be long hours but my experience management didn’t leave you to, everyone helped each other

Advice to Management

Nurture the talent and move office to get it in the first place!

9. "Redeye - 2017 review"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- On the job learning of customer rate optimization ins and outs
    - Everyday breakfast
    - Can start work at 9:30AM
    - Monthly updates about how the business is doing as a whole

Cons

- Company often claims to be growing but it appears that the high amount of new additions are direct cause and effect of high turnover
    - Seeking resources from other countries despite the fact the UK has a vast supply of the professionals they seek
    -Struggling to find the right mix of a relaxed atmosphere and a corporate environment

Advice to Management

- Incourage staff to acquire more in-depth knowledge of the tools they utilize on a daily basis
    - Maintain stronger communication with employees and provide more sound feedback pertaining to job requirement and progress

10. "Abusive environment"

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that you can get involved in driving change. Innovative company but running before the can walk. Good client base.

Cons

Management were abusive, had an experience where I was spoken to so badly over the phone that I decided to leave because of it. It's a shame as product was good.

Advice to Management

Better HR process in place to protect your employees.

RedEye Response

27 Nov 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We carry out Exit conversations with all our employees and take action wherever we can. I'm sorry this could not be resolved when... More