RedEye Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 March 2019

4.1
Garry Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Can’t think of a better place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked with RedEye for almost 7 years, coming straight from university and working up. I’ve therefore seen and experienced the business grow and develop.

A few standout pros, for me:

- Great, big-name clients to work with.
    - Opportunities are available for all, not just for university graduates like some similar businesses.
    - Management team is way ahead of the curve compared to other similar businesses and happy to talk with everyone like normal human beings, which I simply do not see elsewhere.
    - Real opportunities for personal and career development. Senior management actively encourage employees not just to work their way up within their current team structure but also AROUND the business, if there is benefit to the move.
    - Friendly and supportive atmosphere in the office.
    - Spending time out of the office meeting clients is actively encouraged for client-facing roles.
    - Competitive holiday entitlement and approach fo flexible working.
    - Serious consideration of employee wellbeing, with initiatives for mental health first aid and an equality forum, plus opportunity to carry out charity work and simple stuff like breakfast being provided.

Cons

- Location in Crewe puts some people off but being only 5 mins from M6 and a well-connected train station negates that concern for the majority.
    - Sometimes there is a need to answer a couple of emails or log in after hours but that’s the nature of client-facing roles anywhere. Efforts are made by management and teams to ensure this does not become the norm.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing the proactive initiatives for employees.

2. "Lost their way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great people and a range of clients to work on. Free breakfast is always good. Good holiday amounts.

Cons

Tool has fallen behind while they've tried to do things the infrastructure doesn't seem entirely capable of.

Seem to have lost sight of the people stuck in the middle. Could be on the verge of losing people.

No bonus structure that I was aware of and little award to those performing.

HR development plans seem to be a tick box excercise rather than anything truly useful.

Advice to Management

State of tool means one of the companies key values has to be constantly ignored. Sort the simple holes before moving onto next buzzword. Look at those stuck in the middle and offer them development opportunities.

3. "Left the company after 5 years as needed to move city"

Former Employee - Product Specialist in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Product Specialist in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friendly staff and senior management alike
    Flexible hours and WFH arrangements
    Chilled & respectful environment, no drama between colleagues
    Great forward thinking HR team
    Possibility to move departments internally if opportunities come up
    Great holiday package
    Free fruit, brekkie, and hot drinks
    Wicked Christmas parties and summer party
    Open company updates from management

Cons

B2B business which means pressures from clients/prospects to get things delivered. but hey, guess that's pretty standard! The beauty is that more often than not, if something can be done about it management won't necessarily ignore suggestions for improvements.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people close to the detail to inform your strategy. Don't prescribe solutions and keep an open mind.
    Streamline the processes where you can and automate as much as you can.
    Invest upfront to get rid of legacy stuff that will hinder your growth in the future (sounds like a big pain when you start, but you'll be glad you have started)
    Reducing food waste and other waste would be a cool thing for the planet and I think more people care about that these days

4. "Brilliant Place To Work"

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

The people, the management, forward thinking.

Cons

Location is the biggest one.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

5. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

Great working culture with some really smart people...

Cons

The industry we work in is constantly changing which is fun and challenging at the same time...

6. "Very good company to start or gain experience"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment is so amazing. Everyone were so friendly, kind and try to take care of each other.
    I really found very well working with this company, I managed to learn new things regarded my role and it was a shame when I left as they started to use proper Agile methodology, which unfortunately I have to admin it is not easy to find on agencies.

Cons

No any cons, I really suggest working with this company.

7. "Senior Solutions Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Solutions Engineer in London, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It offers so many perks for the employee (ex: free breakfast, cycle to work scheme)
    Staff is very friendly
    Opportunity to work on various brands websites and learn which designs works the best
    Opportunity to improve your skills with online resources like LinkedIn Learning

Cons

I didn't see any downsides working at RedEye.

8. "Depends on your team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In general amazing people with a few exceptions (but you'd expect that everywhere)
    Benefits include (but not limited to) breakfast (cereals, bread, jam, fruit), health insurance, Birthday off, 25 days holiday + extra few days depending on the length of service, casual dress code, subsidised taxi for those who commute by train, flexible working hours, working from home (sometimes for a long period of time), console, table football and table tennis in breakout area, awesome Summer and Christmas parties + plenty of social events.
    The managers I had were very nice and understanding people doing their best to make us happy.
    Garry is a great CEO doing a great job both for the business and for the employees.

Cons

The only big concern I had was lack of growth and training opportunities

Advice to Management

Lynda and free sources like Code Academy are not enough, I'd consider buying subscriptions for things like Linux Academy and paying for people's certification. Also I'd hire more people for HR team as they have to deal with so many things that it makes it unrealistic to manage.

9. "Moving in the right direction"

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career and to be challenged.

Cons

Working hours can be long.. It sometimes feels like communication of new products and developments across the business from Senior Management could be better. In the industry we work in competition is fierce so we have to always stay ahead of the competition but the way we do this sometimes isn't communicated well enough.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees and teams more, there is a lack of pat's on the backs. Verbalize it more when someone within your team has done a good job!

10. "a rotten apple spoils the barrel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

some fine people work here and most enjoy it
    most managers are capable

Cons

environment used to be a lot better.
    manager has been making life miserable for a fair number of people for quite a while now and nothing has been done, despite numerous reports from collegues whove left stating they reported it in there exit interview.

Advice to Management

take notice of the exit interviews