RedEye Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

RedEye Reviews

Full-timePart-time

Garry Lee

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Depends on your team"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In general amazing people with a few exceptions (but you'd expect that everywhere)
    Benefits include (but not limited to) breakfast (cereals, bread, jam, fruit), health insurance, Birthday off, 25 days holiday + extra few days depending on the length of service, casual dress code, subsidised taxi for those who commute by train, flexible working hours, working from home (sometimes for a long period of time), console, table football and table tennis in breakout area, awesome Summer and Christmas parties + plenty of social events.
    The managers I had were very nice and understanding people doing their best to make us happy.
    Garry is a great CEO doing a great job both for the business and for the employees.

Cons

The only big concern I had was lack of growth and training opportunities

Advice to Management

Lynda and free sources like Code Academy are not enough, I'd consider buying subscriptions for things like Linux Academy and paying for people's certification. Also I'd hire more people for HR team as they have to deal with so many things that it makes it unrealistic to manage.

2. "Moving in the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time

Pros

Great Culture, Fantastic opportunities to grow and develop your career and to be challenged.

Cons

Working hours can be long.. It sometimes feels like communication of new products and developments across the business from Senior Management could be better. In the industry we work in competition is fierce so we have to always stay ahead of the competition but the way we do this sometimes isn't communicated well enough.

Advice to Management

Praise your employees and teams more, there is a lack of pat's on the backs. Verbalize it more when someone within your team has done a good job!

3. "a rotten apple spoils the barrel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crewe, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

some fine people work here and most enjoy it
    most managers are capable

Cons

environment used to be a lot better.
    manager has been making life miserable for a fair number of people for quite a while now and nothing has been done, despite numerous reports from collegues whove left stating they reported it in there exit interview.

Advice to Management

take notice of the exit interviews

4. "I wish I coud give a better rating..."

I worked at RedEye full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people with the exception of mid-tier management.
    Opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects.
    Benefits such as breakfast provided, there was a pool, table football and table tennis available to play during lunch time, awesome Summer and Christmas socials.

Cons

Well. you needn't take my word for it; look at all the other reviews.
    Though RedEye like themselves to be perceived to have a fun and relaxed environment, this is very much not the case.

So many of the mid-tier managers were not only undertrained, but actually not trained at all. In their defence, after this was flagged, they did invest into management training... but it was too little too late for the team leads that had already been given far too much control over what they were simply not able to handle.

It's a real shame, because some many people at RedEye were truly amazing!
    I completely agree with the other reviews, because of these issues did turn the workplace into a very toxic environment. This is just my opinion, though I do hope you'll read the other reviews and understand that I do not leave this review out of spite.

Management aside, there were a significant amount of interns and junior level staff employed for RedEye and not given the guidance they require. Whether that be through lack of Senior level people that could actually train them or poor management.

Advice to Management

Despite the fact that mid-tier managers / team leaders are going though some training now - please restrict the amount of influence they have until they can prove they're ready to manage people - and not just the ones they get along well with.

If you want to continue employing Juniors and Interns, please first employ a couple of people that have the time and skill to train them up in the first place.

I am aware that my rating seems unfair, but you need to treat the issues with the management of employees with paramount importance.

5. "Real opportunities - it’s what you make it"

Former Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Senior Campaign Manager in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people with some real experts in their fields to learn from
    Good range of clients with lot of big names
    Real opportunities to get involved and push the boundaries
    Career progression
    Management want to get everyone involved in building the business
    Investment in products constant so what was being offered to clients was very good

Cons

Lovely office but bit out on the sticks but close to the M6
    Fast growing company so structure still evolving
    Can be long hours but my experience management didn’t leave you to, everyone helped each other

Advice to Management

Nurture the talent and move office to get it in the first place!

6. "Redeye - 2017 review"

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I have been working at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- On the job learning of customer rate optimization ins and outs
    - Everyday breakfast
    - Can start work at 9:30AM
    - Monthly updates about how the business is doing as a whole

Cons

- Company often claims to be growing but it appears that the high amount of new additions are direct cause and effect of high turnover
    - Seeking resources from other countries despite the fact the UK has a vast supply of the professionals they seek
    -Struggling to find the right mix of a relaxed atmosphere and a corporate environment

Advice to Management

- Incourage staff to acquire more in-depth knowledge of the tools they utilize on a daily basis
    - Maintain stronger communication with employees and provide more sound feedback pertaining to job requirement and progress

7. "Abusive environment"

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company that you can get involved in driving change. Innovative company but running before the can walk. Good client base.

Cons

Management were abusive, had an experience where I was spoken to so badly over the phone that I decided to leave because of it. It's a shame as product was good.

Advice to Management

Better HR process in place to protect your employees.

27 Nov 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for your review. I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience. We carry out Exit conversations with all our employees and take action wherever we can. I'm sorry this could not be resolved when... More

8. "A nice place to work"

Former Employee - Client Service Executive in Crewe, England
    Former Employee - Client Service Executive in Crewe, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Free breakfast
    • Social events such as Summer Party, Christmas Party
    • Company update allows the employees to stay up to date and the CEO is very honest about where we were at
    • Everyone is lovely and welcoming
    • Social area
    • Fast paced, keeps you busy and on your toes

Cons

• Difficult to progress, more so in certain departments with certain managers granted
    • Some failure to keep one to one's between manager and employee
    • Lack of training
    • Some individuals treated differently to others

27 Nov 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for your review. Glad you liked all our perks! We always look for ways our employees can progress, whether that's via our Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) qualification, or... More

9. "High expectations from inexperienced employees with very little support"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in London, England

I worked at RedEye full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Breakfast : toast, juice and cereal
    You get your birthday off
    Sometimes they order food in to celebrate successes.
    Overall nice colleagues

Cons

Not a lot of support given by the management - When you're an inexperienced member of staff. They expect you to just get on with it or 'look it up' without any explanation. Yet they expect the world from you and your work. HR not very good either when supporting staff. Perspective from them is very skewed and is in favour of management.
    Line manager had/has a big ego and with that a silo mentality.

27 Nov 2017 – HR Director

Thanks for your review. We were made aware of these issues and have since taken actions to resolve them. We won't always get everything right, but we take all feedback seriously and address it... More

10. "Poor management. HR don't care to solve this."

Former Employee - Client Service Executive in Milton Keynes, England
    Former Employee - Client Service Executive in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at RedEye (More than a year)

Pros

You get your Birthday off.

Cons

Horrible culture built around abusing the young and inexperienced staff. Very small company and this shows. I've watched one guy in the office, who was a team lead in the abuse and shout at the girls on his team as well as clients. Remember him and his manager shouting at each other and yet nobody said a word.
    Many arguments had in the middle of the office, but this is never raised.

Middle managers and team leads think they are far more senior than they really are and avoid doing any work at all, they are there only to delegate, yet seem to be in equal numbers compared to the actual juniors doing the work.

Promotions will be denied when it suits budget, no real developments anyway as all promotions are title changes, you'll still do the same job, at the same desk and maybe add a £1k to you pay, yet be expected to be grateful for everything they do for you.

You'll be expected to stay until 9pm whenever the clients needs it - awful way to be.

Claim to be expanding but need to employ many to hide the high turnover.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the staff complaints. Abusive team leads should be dealt with, and let go.