SCCI Alphatrack Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

SCCI Alphatrack Reviews

Updated 27 Jan 2020

2.8
SCCI Alphatrack CEO David Fogelman (no image)
David Fogelman
  1. "NSG Engineer"

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in London, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

Big company so work flow is good there's always work.. everything is done correctly which makes a lot of things easier.

Cons

Pay could be a little higher compared to other companies out there.

SCCI Alphatrack2017-06-12

"SMT - ALL THE GEAR NO IDEA"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Harlow, England

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a sandwich van that comes late morning. I'm pretty sure the company once sent an email to employees to write some good reviews on Glassdoor. Telling... As any company there are some good eggs.

Cons

SMT turn up in flash suits, but can't back it up. Dress professional, but can't act it for toffee. Main deficiencies: No man-management skills No progression/development Poor pay Too many managers - probably a coffee manager Constant internal battles High staff turnover No bonus Not enough parking - hence too many managers Dress down - pay a pound so the company can say what they donated

Advice to Management

Ever wondered why staff turnover is so high? Toxic atmosphere!

SCCI Alphatrack2020-01-10

"Awful place to work!!"

Former Employee - Administrator in Harlow, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for less than a year

Pros

None..hometime is about as good as it gets!

Cons

Staff are treated so poorly, there is no training provided to new starters or support from managers. The harder you work the more you get taken advantage of. I would never recommend working in this company. They expect everything for such low pay. Staff turnover is ridiculous and They don't seem to care!

Advice to Management

Wake up and take on board what feedback you do recieve. Many people are unhappy and you don't seem to care as long as work is being done. Take the time to invest in people in the right way and you may get people that actually stay!

SCCI Alphatrack2020-01-27

"Meh"

Current Employee - Engineer in London, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros I dunno. It’s not the worst company in the world and the engineers they higher are good enough engineers.

Cons

The office. There is no communication between parties so every thing gets lost in translation. They all believe they’re better then the engineers and treat us as such. All the crap they create gets passed down the line to us and we take it. They constantly act like we owe them so much when most of the time even the top top people don’t have a clue what they’re doing or how to run a company. They forever send threats of dismissal just to get you to do what they want. They manipulate everyone to the fullest. They lose contract after contract because they can walk professional but when it comes down to the walking it’s not there. Line managers and contract managers are never easy to call or get in touch with unless they need you to do the, a favour (which usually means them asking you to do something dodgy to get crap of their back(but they will happily chuck you under the bus if it falls on top)) they constantly higher people with no understanding of the Job they are being put to do. Also the amount of nepotism in the company is to much.

Advice to Management

Sort out the office if you want the engineers to remontly respect you because right now none of us like you or want to help you.

SCCI Alphatrack2019-11-07
  5. "AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!!!"

Former Employee - Business Support Team Leader

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

I did meet a few nice people whilst working here and I did have a good team behind me except 1 individual who clearly does not like a female team leader and he caused me nothing but aggro and got away with it by management SO MUCH FOR SUPPORT

Cons

This is by far the worst company I have ever worked for, management do not support or listen to you yet you get moaned at when certain job tasks are not done. You are treated like robots and the ones that do work hard do not get appreciated and the ones that don’t do anything get nothing but praised. The office is full of 2 faced people that stab you in the back the first opportunity they get yet they are all nice to your face and bad mouth you behind your back if things don’t go they way. Don’t bother doing over time because you don’t get a thank you or appreciated for wanting to do a good job nothing is ever good enough. ITS A MANS WORLD HERE FOR SURE

Advice to Management

* support your employees * talk to them with respect * listen to them * value them

SCCI Alphatrack2019-09-27
  6. "NSG engineer"

Current Employee - NSG Engineer

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some good jobs and places I’ve seen whilst working here and some friendly staff. Training isn’t too bad either.

Cons

Money is awful.. Some staff are shocking with how they talk to engineers and when things aren’t going well things just get worse and worse m.. they expect so much from you when your on such little money and they expect you to do things you no nothing about

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage engineers and keep them happy.

SCCI Alphatrack2018-06-27

"My time with the company."

Former Employee - Managerial in Harlow, England

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly colleagues; in fact some of the nicest people I've worked with. Nice modern stylish building. I - phone & I pad for work purposes. When everything is working well it is a lovely place to work; but this is mainly down to the lower management and the engineers.

Cons

Poor parking at the office. IT equipment was not compatible with some of the software they are trying to use. Issues with company vehicles breaking down due to maintenance on a budget. Engineering staff do have new liveried vans but they are basic with wind up windows and no air conditioning for summer use which leads to customer complaints of engineers suffering from body odour. Middle management on the Alphatrack side of the business appears to be changed every six months and along with the ever changing administration office staff this leads to poor leadership and communication. Lack of senior management leadership and guidance. Engineers are of a very good if sometimes low skilled basis but they do try hard given the poor leadership and low morale. Lack of trust to engineering staff and the company does not trust it's engineers so they use trackers fitted to their vehicles and software in the I-pads to constantly monitor their activities. The majority; but not all of the positive reviews on here are written by the media and senior management staff to try and put a positive light on the company. Company is more profit focused and target driven rather than trying to strive to build a more efficient, professional and profitable company for all.

Advice to Management

Review your leadership skills. Value the staff you have and listen to their ideas. You cannot make a better, more professional and profitable company by constantly changing your staff and value the good ones you already have. I saw too many enthusiastic staff leave or become demoralised due to the lack of guidance from the senior permanent staff.

SCCI Alphatrack2017-11-30

"At SCCi Alphatrack"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Harlow, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than a year

Pros

A friendly workforce, like a family. Everybody trying their best to make things work. Harmonious atmosphere. A successful organisation

Cons

Internal communications could be better. Need to make training more consistent for new starts

Advice to Management

Think about remote staff and how best to keep them involved

SCCI Alphatrack2016-09-20

"SCCI - The place people warn you about. Avoid!"

Field Service Engineer in London, England

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack

Pros

You quickly learn a lot about how things shouldn't be done, both in the field and office. No one knows what's going on.

Cons

Horrific staff turnover, company doesn't care for any employees, no support in the form of system training (Engineers), No organisation from top management or leadership. Let alone foresight and business projection, they keep making the same mistakes but covering themselves by employing another manager..Very poor client delivery with no accountability for people in management. With a "not my problem attitude" you will soon find yourself wanting to leave the business. I can not believe that investors have not got a grip on this mess yet, maybe they don't know? Don't waste your time...

Advice to Management

You are collectively destroying the business, actions have consequences some irreversible so work together. It's possible that the MD and above need to stop looking at spun data and get feedback from engineers and staff alike.. Then again we are all scared to answer. Oh and lastly, reading some of the reviews I can say with almost 100% certainty you are writing fake positive reviews. This is a highlight of the problems coming from you!! And your this ignorant to try and change!

SCCI Alphatrack2016-10-03

"The 5* reviews are the managers-0 if I could"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Harlow, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The last day at work was one, also venting on this review I do not really have any other ones.

Cons

I was an employee here for many years and saw how a few departments in this company work. Not very well is the answer. They may turn over lots of money, but this is not distributed to the engineers or hard working official be staff. They employ trainees and send them to do jobs after just 6 months training. This is because experienced English beers worth their salt always leave because there is no reward , progress or incentive for anyone. Being expected to work all weekend. If a job comes in at 6 30 be expected to feel to be forced to attend. Or you will be branded to have a bad attitude and threatened. Work hard for a year and feel good, but as soon as you make a mistake you will be hung out to dry. This will then be kept in record to prevent you getting a Patrice. If stock is missing from an order then it'd will be your fault and not the person who's job it was too actually pick it.. Management will blame you for everything. You have a leader parking float and they do not give you a company card. So you pay for parking and any expense that you incur apart from fuel. Any scratch in the can you will pay for. They expect it to remain as new and gave a £500 excess.. They do not provide hand tools and scanners so you have to buy everything other than a power drill, crimps and spectrum analyser. Parking for office staff is inadequate. Inadequate for all. Treat you like poo poo

Advice to Management

Poo poo

SCCI Alphatrack2016-09-10