SCCI Alphatrack Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "NSG Engineer"

Current Employee - Satellite Technician in London, England
    Current Employee - Satellite Technician in London, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company so work flow is good there's always work.. everything is done correctly which makes a lot of things easier.

Cons

Pay could be a little higher compared to other companies out there.

2. "NSG engineer"

Current Employee - NSG Engineer
    Current Employee - NSG Engineer

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some good jobs and places I’ve seen whilst working here and some friendly staff. Training isn’t too bad either.

Cons

Money is awful.. Some staff are shocking with how they talk to engineers and when things aren’t going well things just get worse and worse m.. they expect so much from you when your on such little money and they expect you to do things you no nothing about

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage engineers and keep them happy.

"My time with the company."

Former Employee - Managerial in Harlow, England
    Former Employee - Managerial in Harlow, England

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly colleagues; in fact some of the nicest people I've worked with. Nice modern stylish building. I - phone & I pad for work purposes.
    When everything is working well it is a lovely place to work; but this is mainly down to the lower management and the engineers.

Cons

Poor parking at the office.
    IT equipment was not compatible with some of the software they are trying to use.
    Issues with company vehicles breaking down due to maintenance on a budget.
    Engineering staff do have new liveried vans but they are basic with wind up windows and no air conditioning for summer use which leads to customer complaints of engineers suffering from body odour.
    Middle management on the Alphatrack side of the business appears to be changed every six months and along with the ever changing administration office staff this leads to poor leadership and communication.
    Lack of senior management leadership and guidance.
    Engineers are of a very good if sometimes low skilled basis but they do try hard given the poor leadership and low morale.
    Lack of trust to engineering staff and the company does not trust it's engineers so they use trackers fitted to their vehicles and software in the I-pads to constantly monitor their activities.
    The majority; but not all of the positive reviews on here are written by the media and senior management staff to try and put a positive light on the company.
    Company is more profit focused and target driven rather than trying to strive to build a more efficient, professional and profitable company for all.

Advice to Management

Review your leadership skills.
    Value the staff you have and listen to their ideas.
    You cannot make a better, more professional and profitable company by constantly changing your staff and value the good ones you already have.
    I saw too many enthusiastic staff leave or become demoralised due to the lack of guidance from the senior permanent staff.

"At SCCi Alphatrack"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Harlow, England
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Harlow, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A friendly workforce, like a family.
    Everybody trying their best to make things work.
    Harmonious atmosphere.
    A successful organisation

Cons

Internal communications could be better.
    Need to make training more consistent for new starts

Advice to Management

Think about remote staff and how best to keep them involved

"SCCI - The place people warn you about. Avoid!"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in London, England

Pros

You quickly learn a lot about how things shouldn't be done, both in the field and office. No one knows what's going on.

Cons

Horrific staff turnover, company doesn't care for any employees, no support in the form of system training (Engineers), No organisation from top management or leadership. Let alone foresight and business projection, they keep making the same mistakes but covering themselves by employing another manager..Very poor client delivery with no accountability for people in management. With a "not my problem attitude" you will soon find yourself wanting to leave the business.
    I can not believe that investors have not got a grip on this mess yet, maybe they don't know?
    Don't waste your time...

Advice to Management

You are collectively destroying the business, actions have consequences some irreversible so work together. It's possible that the MD and above need to stop looking at spun data and get feedback from engineers and staff alike.. Then again we are all scared to answer.

Oh and lastly, reading some of the reviews I can say with almost 100% certainty you are writing fake positive reviews. This is a highlight of the problems coming from you!! And your this ignorant to try and change!

"The 5* reviews are the managers-0 if I could"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Harlow, England
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Harlow, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The last day at work was one, also venting on this review I do not really have any other ones.

Cons

I was an employee here for many years and saw how a few departments in this company work. Not very well is the answer. They may turn over lots of money, but this is not distributed to the engineers or hard working official be staff. They employ trainees and send them to do jobs after just 6 months training. This is because experienced English beers worth their salt always leave because there is no reward , progress or incentive for anyone. Being expected to work all weekend. If a job comes in at 6 30 be expected to feel to be forced to attend. Or you will be branded to have a bad attitude and threatened. Work hard for a year and feel good, but as soon as you make a mistake you will be hung out to dry. This will then be kept in record to prevent you getting a Patrice. If stock is missing from an order then it'd will be your fault and not the person who's job it was too actually pick it.. Management will blame you for everything. You have a leader parking float and they do not give you a company card. So you pay for parking and any expense that you incur apart from fuel. Any scratch in the can you will pay for. They expect it to remain as new and gave a £500 excess.. They do not provide hand tools and scanners so you have to buy everything other than a power drill, crimps and spectrum analyser. Parking for office staff is inadequate. Inadequate for all. Treat you like poo poo

Advice to Management

Poo poo

"What a farce"

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time

Pros

clean office - good H&S team - Good warehouse team - Good procurement team

Cons

very low morale - high turnover of staff - Senior management upsetting everyone and haven't got a clue or a grip of whats going on - too much infighting and backstabbing - management DON'T listen.

Advice to Management

Senior management listen to middle management - listen to your staff and talk with them NOT at them, this company is going down the toilet so sort it out - actually don't bother you couldn't if you tried

"Engineer"

Pros

None that i can think of

Cons

Management dont have any idea what they are doing and working for SCCI was the biggest mistake I've ever made.

ordering stock - the idea is that you order parts and they send them to your local dpd depot (this is helpful when your not based near the office) yet how it works is: you order your parts from an iPad app, they email you that your parts are being dispatched but if you happen to pop into the office you might as well collect your parts before they sent them to your local dpd.
    you now have the parts for your job.
    next thing you know you have another email saying your parcel it as your dpd with the same parts you installed the other day (they are just throwing money out the window)

company may be financially stable BUT trust me your NOT going to enjoy yourself here.

the office staff (Managers) have never worked in the industry yet think they know best
    not respectful at all.

all admin staff are lovely - shame they are stuck with such a bad company

Advice to Management

get the older generation of engineers to manage the projects so at least somebody in the office knows what they are talking about

9. "Great Company - trying to be the best"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harlow, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Harlow, England

I worked at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They really are trying to develop people. They work for some of the major Housing Providers across the South East and the Midlands. They are really striving to be the best in the industry both in terms of delivering a service to clients and in creating an excellent working culture. They have some excellent and committed people working in the business.

Cons

Lots of change has been required over recent years to improve consistency of performance - this can be quite challenging for staff.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward

"Electrical Engineer"

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in London, England

I have been working at SCCI Alphatrack full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great remote staff, very exp and friendly engineers & a great bunch of managers who are very supportive to the engineers who face the deep end. Great team all round and SCSI alphatrack provide great courses to benefit your careers.

Cons

None so far in the time I have been here & I strongly Believe that there will be not many at all I'm sure of it

Advice to Management

Keep to the plan as I have experienced Great support in this first month of being part of the company

SCCI Alphatrack Response

16 Sep 2016 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your positive review, our management team are highly supportive and want to invest in our staff by way of training and personal growth within our business.