SEG Promotions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

SEG Promotions Reviews

Updated 3 Oct 2017

Found 30 reviews

2.6
  1. "Same Job, Different Name"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don’t really know of any. You get base pay if you work all the days. It’s a great time filler.

Cons

This company went by another name while I was there. It was all very frustrating. It’s basically a scam for desperate college grads to join their team. They promise the high life you live after working very hard and promise quick advancement. After a month I could see this was a lie. All you do is get criticized from the time you get to the office, until you break down your day very late at night. It was basically a conversation...

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people. It wastes valuable time.

SEG Promotions2017-10-04
  2. "Marketing Coordinator"

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can put it on your resume and you learn standard marketing systems that work. You get to travel and have opportunities for bonus' and opening your own office eventually of you reach goals.

Cons

It's a pyramid scheme. You spend a lot in gas money and they make it seem like a legit marketing career when all you really do is sell possibly knock off products at Sam's Clubs and Costcos. The turn over rate is ridiculous and you have to drive to the office and show up from 8-10 a.m. to do "learning and teaching" of the systems. Then you drive to a location (another hour) and set up and sell and network of your sales...

Advice to Management

Be up front about your business and don't waste people's time. Maybe let them learn the systems on their own. So they aren't spending like 10 hours of the day working not including another 2 hours driving to locations and don't micromanage everything.

SEG Promotions2017-06-12
  3. "Summer Intern"

I worked at SEG Promotions

Pros

Make commission Fun group outings Good group of people

Cons

Expect you to sell useless items and get mad when you don't Far travel and bad hours

SEG Promotions2017-05-19

"Don't do it"

Former Employee - Team Leader/Campaign Manager in Atlanta, GA
      No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the people being nice and it maybe being ok for a summer internship that is it. They prey on new college kids since they will hire anyone.

Cons

A lot, very low wage definitely not a lot to live on especially in the middle of Atlanta. You will work probably 60=80 hours a week while only getting paid for 30 or 40 hours

Advice to Management

find new management careers so that these pyramid schemes can finally be put to an end. The management is too smart to deal with this crappy high turnover rate job.

SEG Promotions2016-08-23

"THIS PLACE IS A SCAM/JOKE - STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Sales Person in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions

Pros

They TRICKED you into thinking you are making improvements and "learning" and getting paid.

Cons

Everything about this place is a joke.

SEG Promotions2015-11-25

"Sales job- standing in a store for hours"

I worked at SEG Promotions

Pros

Nice people to work with. Different office setting.

Cons

Almost all. Long hours of standing inside Costco or sam's club selling products for 8-10 hours like the people in the middle of the mall. Pay isn't worth it. Work almost everyday- including weekends.

Advice to Management

Warn people what the job is before actually hiring them.

SEG Promotions2015-09-10

"Campaign Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

I worked at SEG Promotions

Pros

Postive morale, motivating workplace, great CEO

Cons

Misleading expectations, long hours and under paid (minimum wage)

Advice to Management

Be more clear about the expectations, provide more compensation/incentives

SEG Promotions2015-09-29

"Great company to start after Grad!"

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time

Pros

fast-pace, very active, playing group game every friday, which is fun! But, be prepare if you want to win!

Cons

slow and unclear structure, have to work everyday, except Monday per every two weeks

SEG Promotions2015-08-21

"Life Applicable Learning"

Current Employee - Campaigne Manager in Dunwoody, GA

I have been working at SEG Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Every day we have our business school, and we not only learn about marketing but we also learn knowledge that we can apply in our every day lives or our dream job, using this as a major stepping stone to get there. So of your wanting to be your own boss and own your own business like myself, this is a major step in that direction. Learning how to manage and run a company, as well as your own team.

Cons

It's a very fast paced business. So missing one day of work is like missing a weeks in the corporate world, knowledge wise. Due to the potential rewards of Seg, it can be a little time consuming. So time management is essential, but to help with that, it is one of the things taught throughout the duration of this.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You guys do an exceptional job.

SEG Promotions2015-08-03

"This job is great for young college grads who've never had experience working in a fast-paced, professional environment."

I worked at SEG Promotions

Pros

This company teaches the fundamentals of business structure to build entrepreneurs. Everything taught is accurate to further a mature business mindset. They challenge you daily to realize your potential and help you understand that your limitations are self-inflicted. Overall, fantastic principles of learning that you can utilize anywhere.

Cons

This job requires you to work 12 or more hours per day(daily morning meetings, 8+ hour shifts, and more). It is extremely demanding which isn't bad; however, the benefits are extremely minimal. It's your responsibility to use your personal vehicle to transport boxes of products, tables, and etc. You are provided a gas stipend but it only reimburses the cost of you leaving the office to travel to the work venue. If you...

SEG Promotions2015-08-11