Safestore Reviews

Updated 7 Aug 2020

3.5
Safestore CEO Frederic Vecchioli (no image)
Frederic Vecchioli
Pros
Cons
  • "On occasion lone working required, sometimes a negative when store gets busy(in 14 reviews)

• "long hours, min wage, lone work(in 8 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Safestore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Professional friendly working environment, with strong managers to match. You are appreciated and supported through daily work but also with your development. You get full training from start to finish, once the training and introduction is complete you get the opportunity to join their store management course. Which is a great opportunity, strong culture investing in their people as people and as well as customer make a difference. Everyday is different from sales, maintenance, helping customer. Clear objectives and targets to aim for with continuous support from region, head office and your team members. Good bonus scheme potentially earn upto 50% on a monthly bonus depending on meeting targets

Cons

On occasion lone working required, sometimes a negative when store gets busy Long hours on bank holidays

July 17, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you are enjoying working at Safestore. The training and development of our colleagues is very important to Safestore and it is great to see that you continue to experience this approach. Thank you for your suggestions on how we can further improve Safestore .

2. "Sales Consulant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Safestore full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great introduction into sales, with really friendly colleagues that are willing to help. Relaxed working enviroment with a 1 hour break to recharge and get back to producing results.

Cons

-Long hours -Sickness/holidays can easily result in lone working. - Not that many benifits and incentives

Continue reading

3. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Safestore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Opportunity to develop yourself and progress

Cons

Lone working occurs and can be difficult

July 17, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for your positive review. We hope you continue to enjoy your time at Safestore. We appreciate your suggestion for further improvements. Thank you again.

4. "More of a family rather than a company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Leicester, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Safestore full-time

Pros

Great management Good opportunity to develop Programmes to get pay raise

Cons

base pay could be better

July 17, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you are enjoying your time at Safestore. We are proud of the opportunities for development we offer our colleagues. Particularly, our pay for skills program you have referred to (Sales Consultant Journey). We also appreciate your suggestion for further improvement. Thank you again for your feedback.

5. "Sales consultant"

Sales Consultant

I worked at Safestore

Pros

My manager is very supportive and that is the same for all managers across the company. The pros are 1hr lunch, travel expenses paid hotels, friendly atmosphere and good HR, apps for team socials and fantastic training.

Cons

Advertised as a sales job but it’s 25% sales 25% admin 25% cleaning & maintenance and 25% other duties. Just know it’s not just a sales job there more bits to it.

March 11, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed working at Safestore. Supporting our colleagues is very important to Safestore and it is great to see that you experienced this approach throughout your time. We appreciate your feedback regarding the job title. We have worked hard to ensure that the different roles and responsibilities involved with being a Safestore colleague are highlighted. The Safestore careers page has some helpful videos that demonstrate, ‘A day in the life’, for both our Store Managers and Sales Consultants. Again thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

6. "Not treated right"

1.0
    Former Employee - Consultant in Basildon, East of England, England

I worked at Safestore full-time

Pros

nice people to work with

Cons

long hours, min wage, lone work

March 11, 2020HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are disappointed to see that you felt some areas could have been improved during your time with Safestore. We would like to gain a greater understanding of your feedback. I would encourage you to contact kalfred@safestore.co.uk in order for us to explore your views further. Thank you again for your feedback.

7. "Average Job For Adverage Company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Safestore full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Meet different people Get new skills Varied work Train people to sell who have never had the experience which is quite rewarding Bonus is swings and roundabouts but it's alright.

Cons

Pathetic recruitment times mean loads of lone working. No overtime available for lone working. No choice in lone working for long periods of time. Bullying culture. Calling out people by nameing and shaming them. If you succeed you will be lucky to get congratulated at all.

December 4, 2019Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you for your comments. We are disappointed to hear that your experience at Safestore was not reflective of our values. We truly believe that our people make the difference and we work hard to ensure our policies and practices recognise our great people. We're concerned about some of the points you have raised and are very keen to understand more. Please could you get in touch with us at kalfred@safestore.co.uk in order that we can speak to you about your concerns. Many thanks.

8. "Sales Assistant"

I worked at Safestore full-time

Pros

Very friendly. In touch with everyone necessary and share a good community within the store's area

Cons

Sometimes expected to do a lot more than can be done

December 4, 2019Senior HR Business Partner

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about Safestore, it really is appreciated.

9. "Good Company, good support network"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Safestore full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is good support and training avaliable to all staff and lots of oppertunities to learn and develop if you want to put the work in.

Cons

Small teams and some lone working. Holidays and sickness have a large impact on staff still in the business.

October 8, 2019HR Advisor

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your time at Safestore. We appreciate your continued hard work and look forward to many more years of success ahead. We will look in to ensuring our systems allow all colleagues to continue delivering excellent customer service. Thanks.

10. "Stay clear of this company!!"

1.0
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Bristol, England

I have been working at Safestore full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some good people Good customers. Nothing else is good Nothing Nothing

Cons

Staff turn over of 60% Upper management Forced to sell unneeded and expensive insurance to customer. When a customer has been with you for 6 months they get a price increase up to 60%. Terrible training. Unreachable bonus. Terrible wage! The job is boring! Very rare to get a break!

October 8, 2019HR Advisor

Thank you for your feedback. In 2018 Safestore was awarded the ‘Investors in People’ accreditation at ‘Gold’ level. This placed Safestore in the top 1.5% of all organisation’s assessed. At Safestore we feel this is reflective of our dedication to colleague development, training, wellbeing, reward, recognition and many other initiatives. As of October 2019 Safestore has a Trustpilot rating of ‘Excellent’, which highlights the focus we place on delivering both an outstanding service and product to our customers. As you feel your Safestore experiences aren’t reflective of what we would expect, we would welcome an opportunity to discuss these in more detail. Please contact kalfred@safestore.co.uk at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review

Found 74 reviews