SharkNinja Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Mark Rosenzweig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work was fast paced and innovative" (in 18 reviews)

• "The bonus structure, holiday party, product discounts, free food trucks in the summer, etc" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "not very good work life balance, final decisions seemed to be more at the whim of upper management" (in 20 reviews)

• "No work/life balance in any group" (in 7 reviews)

1. "good"

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

not bad, progression doesn't exist however.

"Financial Analyst"

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Endless opportunities, exposure and ability to learn

Cons

Little to no long-term vision

"Run for the hills!"

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Friday breakfasts, company lunches and activities.

Cons

Management does not know how to manage their employees.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to advice.

"Uber Fast Paced / Chaotic / No Process or Documentation / No Work-Life Balance"

Former Employee - Engineer in Needham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Needham, MA (US)

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Breakfasts on Friday, subsidized vending machines, nice building, free gym, decent medical plan costs, and they seem to care very much about customers.

Cons

No standard process, no standard archive of work, no part numbers or revision control! Information is passed person to person...if you are not CC'd, you have no way to know. (and did I mention there are no email or team member lists
     to reference/use.)

Employees are worked very hard and expected to work 27x7. Trips to China come out of the blue, often with only hours notice ordering you to fly the next day and you then might well stay for several weeks. (explain that to your spouse and kids)

Everything is put on the critical path, because crisis management is the norm. The work culture relies on fear as a strong motivator. The result of that toxic package is a sky-high turn-over rate. (both people being told to leave, and those running for the door)

The only thing standardized is the almost constant effort to create status for upper management, who often over-rides good direction last minute which results in a flurry of unneeded work and mistakes. Oh, and if the decision is to take a risk and it doesn't work out, a scapegoat will be found and blamed. (refer to above mentioned turn-over rate)

Lastly, the wide-open office space is "trendy", but is noisy, crowded and does not allow for any sort of concentration to happen.

Advice to Management

A little structure and organization can actually make things easier, faster and less error prone. Care about employees as much as customers, and try trusting them to a little empowerment around their own work. Foster more of a team atmosphere and get rid of the scapegoating.

Read the feedback on Glassdoor and believe it!

"Run away fast and scream it outloud"

Former Employee - Marketing in Needham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Needham, MA (US)

I worked at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

This place was toxic. Mark R. Couldn't make up his childishind on anything, which resulted in late launches even with employees working all hours of the night and being physically in the office on weekends. Friday summer hours meant leaving at 7:30 instead of 10 pm.

People are treated like garbage, and bullying runs rampart. If this company had a true HR team, nothing would be acceptable
     I saw the Glassdoor reviews and I ignores them
      Bad idea. THEY ARE ACCURATE. Run! The money is crappy for the hours you'll be working

Cons

All management. Hours. Lack of respect for employees, your life no longer has a value.

Advice to Management

Start fresh with new management, including Mark R. Trust your employees to do their jobs.

"People are commodities."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Needham, MA (US)

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Freedom to learn. Beautiful offices.

Cons

Employees are treated as fungible. Burn 'em and let 'em go. Peter Principle!!
    Management is crude, rude, egotistical, and more often then not, just plain crazy. The false pretense around caring is the most offensive.

"RUN AWAY. FAST."

Current Employee - Sales in Needham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in Needham, MA (US)

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay very well, free breakfast on Friday, some of the people are nice

Cons

Do not get persuaded by the money, it is absolutely not worth it. Coming to SharkNinja is the worst mistake I have made in my life thus far. Management cannot align on anything and will have you spinning in circles without as much as a “thanks”. Executives don’t trust anyone so your work is pretty much worthless, and the EVP is so involved in every detail of everyone’s business that it’s impossible to get anything done. You spend your entire day in worthless meetings so you’re forced to work all night and weekends in order to get your deliverables done. Everything is about “checking a box”, not delivering quality work. There’s zero respect for work life balance and taking any vacation or working from home is frowned upon. Trust these glass door reviews because I didn’t and I have never regretted anything more.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You should be concerned about your turnover because it’s a direct reflection of you.

"Do. Not. Apply."

I worked at SharkNinja full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only good part of working at SharkNinja were the people who hadn't drank the "Kool-Aid", as we called it.

Cons

I waited a while to write this review, to ensure that I had enough distance from the horror that is SharkNinja to have a clear perspective. That time has come and I still feel the same, so here goes.

Never in my life have I worked in a more mismanaged and emotionally abusive environment than SharkNinja. You are considered late if you arrive past 8am, and lazy if you leave before 6pm. You are expected to be at management's beck and call at all times, just as you are expected to respond to emails late at night and on the weekends. You are constantly made to feel stupid and inadequate. And, as an added bonus, employees are often sent to China for weeks at a time with very little notice, including new mothers.

The propensity to scapegoat and throw others under the bus at SharkNinja is driven from the top down, both between and within teams. Instead of working together to create a great product, each team is as quick to point fingers as they are to take credit. The President and CEO, or "the Marks" as everyone refers to them, are wont to facilitate this behavior, as every glitch, no matter how minor, has to be someone's fault.

Favoritism and nepotism run hand in hand at SharkNinja. In order to succeed, you have to be callously ruthless, work 24/7, or be related to the Mark's in some way. Should you fulfill those requirements, you don't have to be qualified for or capable of performing in your role.

Additional ways to get ahead at SharkNinja are to eschew time with your family and friends, ensure yours is the loudest voice in the room by talking over everyone, and relentlessly sucking up to management. The people who advance to managerial roles by exhibiting this behavior expect the same from their teams, thus ensuring that everyone is as obnoxious and miserable as they are. Org structures change monthly, and promotions and raises are handed out arbitrarily.

Now, for possibly the most laughable part of the company: HR. Managers who have been reported to HR don't face consequences, and are instead enrolled in fruitless managerial training sessions. Spoiler alert: at SharkNinja, they don't work. Sexual harassment is also acceptable, as evidenced by a senior male employee who has yet to be penalized, despite numerous complaints from female employees to HR and management.

Working at SharkNinja is not worth the money they throw at you; the company pays well for a reason. SharkNinja offers a sizable referral bonus, so be wary of acquaintances or former colleagues who try to recruit you as well. I truly would not wish that place on anyone.

"Total Boys' Club"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Needham, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Needham, MA (US)

I have been working at SharkNinja (More than a year)

Pros

good health insurance; that's about it.

Cons

The work I was hired to do never materialized, so I was regulated to little scraps here and there. Then, a new assignment came along, but it was only assigned to an ;elite' group (of men) was selected to work on this. My boss was in this group, left without even saying goodbye to me.

He didn't contact me for six months. He told me 'to just sit there and look busy'. So I used to sit at my cube all day, getting scraps of work. The day I came back from surgery, I got laid off.

Advice to Management

I hope these new partners push you guys right out the door.

"Chaotic"

I have been working at SharkNinja full-time

Pros

Product innovation and talented employees

Cons

Structure and systems are lacking defined process and procedures