Split The Bills Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Split The Bills Reviews

Updated 20 Feb 2020

4.9
Split The Bills CEO Ashley Tate (no image)
Ashley Tate
  1. "The friendliest team I've ever worked with"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Sheffield, England

I worked at Split The Bills full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team at Split the Bills is like a family, I was welcomed with open arms and loved every day I worked there. Every single person in the office is willing to help if you need it and make you feel supported on a day to day basis.

Cons

Fast paced environment during the busy period so you have to be quick on your feet, especially when on the phones!

Split The Bills2019-10-31
  2. "Great environment"

Former Employee - Analyst in Sheffield, England

I worked at Split The Bills full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly working environment, relaxed and supportive, great people

Cons

Limited opportunities, other than that all good

Split The Bills2020-02-20
  3. "Awesome working environment"

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really friendly, welcoming environment. Focus on working hard but having a lot of fun along with it! Employee wellbeing is a huge priority.

Cons

The area isn’t the greatest and a bit out of the city

Split The Bills2019-04-04

July 25, 2019People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really happy to hear that you appreciate the environment and love the balance between working hard and having fun. Our people are incredibly important to us and so it's always good to know that you appreciate this. We agree that the area isn't the best and eventually we would like to relocate back to the city centre. Fortunately we have the benefit of free parking to balance this out a bit in the meantime! Thanks again, Nadine

4. "Family Environment"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Lovely working environment, it feels like one big family - Everyone is supportive when you need help and the management/team leaders really make time for you if you ever have any urgent queries - Really supportive with mental health as we're part of 'time to change' and have mental health champions so you know that you can speak with somebody in the office if you're ever having a bad day or struggling - Free parking with plenty of spaces - Free breakfast, Friday beers & plenty of table tennis!

Cons

- Pay reviews could be more frequent

Split The Bills2019-04-01

July 25, 2019People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review for us. We're so happy to hear that you love working at Split The Bills and that you appreciate all the great perks that we offer. We are proud of all the work that we have done around Time To Change and breaking the stigma associated with mental health, so your comments are really important to us. Thank you for your feedback on pay reviews. We do have a people strategy in place for this year and although we can't offer any promises on this at the moment, please know that your comments have been taken on board. Thanks again, Nadine.

5. "Family feeling"

I have been working at Split The Bills part-time

Pros

All members of staff at all levels care about everyone else personally and professionally. Your skills are used to their full advantage and everyone mucks in together. Still has a real start-up feel with the enthusiasm and fun to go along with it!

Cons

Easy to drink too much coffee..

Split The Bills2019-03-28

July 22, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really happy that you love working at Split The Bills and that you appreciate the start up feel as much as we do. It can sometimes be difficult to maintain, especially as we grow, and it's something that we work really hard at, so it's good to know it's working! If you're concerned about your coffee consumption then there is always tea, or a decaf option in the cupboard. Help yourself! Thanks again, Nadine.

Continue reading
  6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Customer Operations in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love working here, the atmosphere and my colleagues are all great and I couldn't have asked for a better start to my working life.

Cons

Pay reviews on a more regular basis would be handy

Split The Bills2019-03-28

July 25, 2019People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really happy to hear that you love working here as much as we do and that you've had a great introduction into the working world. Our people are really important to us and so we are always striving to better our people strategy. Your feedback on pay reviews is really helpful. Whilst we can't promise anything just yet, please know that we have taken this on board and you have been listened to. Thanks again, Nadine.

Continue reading
  7. "A fast-paced yet relaxed working environment where you're free to be yourself"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Bright, friendly and fun office environment - Plenty of opportunity to develop and learn new skills - Supportive, close-knit team - Everyone is involved in the company vision and mission and is updated regularly on progress - Free breakfast and Friday afternoon drinks!

Cons

- Office is situated out of the city centre (however there's ample free parking)

Split The Bills2019-03-29

July 22, 2019HR Business Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear that you love working at Split The Bills, even after such a long period of time. It is really important to us that we keep our team updated and that everybody feels involved in our mission and moving the business forward, so your feedback means a lot. We love the huge car park too, but would also like to be more central to Sheffield. Hopefully in the future we will relocate and get back to the hustle and bustle. Watch this space! Thanks again, Nadine.

Continue reading
  8. "An ambitious and inspiring business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can be yourself, it's a relaxed environment and your welfare is truly important. You get exposure to so many things that you wouldn't in a larger corporate environment so there's a lot of opportunity of you're willing to get your hands dirty and put the work in to make the business a success. It's the first place I've worked where I've felt I can be open about my mental health and get the support I need without it having an affect on my career.

Cons

Outside of the city centre

Split The Bills2018-09-11
  9. "Working at Split The Bills"

Current Employee - Sales Team Leader in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many pros! The people, environment, culture and commitment to being green to name just a few. Great employee perks too (holidays, healthy food and drink provisions, Westfield health, mental health support!). Good access for public transport and on site parking for those who drive.

Cons

Although access is good on public transport, there are a significant lack of good food options in the surrounding area unless you drive. Pack up lunches are an essential!

Split The Bills2018-06-01
  10. "Environmentally friendly, mental health friendly, amazing atmosphere"

Current Employee - Digital Content Executive in Sheffield, England

I have been working at Split The Bills full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not your usual work atmosphere! Very fun company to work for, as un-fun as bills can be there is always something going on in the office. Mainly, everyone can truly be themselves and there's no pressure to not be able to have a laugh. Environmentally friendly, this company stands for a lot of ideals I believe in. Nice!

Cons

Area may not be the best, but that's nothing I could complain too much about. If you don't drive bring a packed lunch or hope someone can drive you to a shop!

Split The Bills2018-06-01

June 4, 2018Digital Marketing Executive

Thanks for your feedback. Our office environment wouldn't be what it was without our amazing staff.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 18 reviews