Split The Bills Reviews

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 23 of over 24 reviews

4.7
Split The Bills CEO Ashley Tate (no image)
Ashley Tate
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for

Dec 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, fantastic culture. Opportunities to grow and develop. Senior management are incredibly supportive.

Cons

None that I can think of

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Really poor management. Ashley is too inexperienced

Jan 20, 2021 - Poor Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really fun environment - alcohol in the office, etc

Cons

Confusing place to be. Unhappy customers

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your honest feedback and would really like to be able to discuss this with you in more detail if you’d be open to. You can contact me at lauren@splitthebills.co.uk Thank you, Lauren

3. 3.0

Nice people

Dec 6, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working, desire to improve, great team members

Cons

Lacked leadership at times, needed better IT technical leadership

4. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Wonderfull company with a fantastic culture

Sep 28, 2020 - Sales Associate in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Split the Bills is a rare company who are committed to their values. There isn't a single person in that company who aren't kind, encouraging and just overall lovely people. In my previous working experience, I've met managers who don't even speak to you like a human being. This was not the case here. The managers are incredible - they speak to you with professionalism, respect and really show that they value you. There is never any favouritism and or even a hint of toxicity. They are truly a breath of fresh air and what every business out there should aim to be like. Few bullet points to highlight: - They regularly update every person in the business on how the business is doing as a whole. There is no secrecy and everyone is involved in the success of it. - HR (Nadine) is absolutely incredibly at what she does. Holidays, sickness etc is all done efficiently and so well organised. They regularly encourage care towards mental health, inclusiveness and diversity. - Management are there to fully support you in your development and day to day activities. They are professional, caring, respectful and inspiring. - They have buddy systems in place and really look to create an environment where you have friends in the workplace. - The office is a lovely space to work in and in a great location. - Founder and COO are approachable, reliable and committed to everything and everyone in the business. - Relaxed, positive and productive atmosphere.

Cons

There are no cons at present.

5. 5.0

Great Company

Jun 5, 2020 - Sales Associate in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with - put a lot of effort into Mental Health/Wellness of employees.

Cons

No cons that I can think of

6. 4.0

Great environment

Feb 20, 2020 - Analyst in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly working environment, relaxed and supportive, great people

Cons

Limited opportunities, other than that all good

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

The friendliest team I've ever worked with

Oct 31, 2019 - Customer Care Representative in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Split the Bills is like a family, I was welcomed with open arms and loved every day I worked there. Every single person in the office is willing to help if you need it and make you feel supported on a day to day basis.

Cons

Fast paced environment during the busy period so you have to be quick on your feet, especially when on the phones!

1 person found this review helpful

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome working environment

Apr 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really friendly, welcoming environment. Focus on working hard but having a lot of fun along with it! Employee wellbeing is a huge priority.

Cons

The area isn’t the greatest and a bit out of the city

People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're really happy to hear that you appreciate the environment and love the balance between working hard and having fun. Our people are incredibly important to us and so it's always good to know that you appreciate this. We agree that the area isn't the best and eventually we would like to relocate back to the city centre. Fortunately we have the benefit of free parking to balance this out a bit in the meantime! Thanks again, Nadine

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Family Environment

Apr 1, 2019 - Customer Service Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Lovely working environment, it feels like one big family - Everyone is supportive when you need help and the management/team leaders really make time for you if you ever have any urgent queries - Really supportive with mental health as we're part of 'time to change' and have mental health champions so you know that you can speak with somebody in the office if you're ever having a bad day or struggling - Free parking with plenty of spaces - Free breakfast, Friday beers & plenty of table tennis!

Cons

- Pay reviews could be more frequent

People and Culture Partner

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review for us. We're so happy to hear that you love working at Split The Bills and that you appreciate all the great perks that we offer. We are proud of all the work that we have done around Time To Change and breaking the stigma associated with mental health, so your comments are really important to us. Thank you for your feedback on pay reviews. We do have a people strategy in place for this year and although we can't offer any promises on this at the moment, please know that your comments have been taken on board. Thanks again, Nadine.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A fast-paced yet relaxed working environment where you're free to be yourself

Mar 29, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Bright, friendly and fun office environment - Plenty of opportunity to develop and learn new skills - Supportive, close-knit team - Everyone is involved in the company vision and mission and is updated regularly on progress - Free breakfast and Friday afternoon drinks!

Cons

- Office is situated out of the city centre (however there's ample free parking)

HR Business Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear that you love working at Split The Bills, even after such a long period of time. It is really important to us that we keep our team updated and that everybody feels involved in our mission and moving the business forward, so your feedback means a lot. We love the huge car park too, but would also like to be more central to Sheffield. Hopefully in the future we will relocate and get back to the hustle and bustle. Watch this space! Thanks again, Nadine.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews