Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Ryan Sasson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This environment is the most supportive work environment I’ve ever been part of" (in 24 reviews)

• "Structure allows new employees to make a lot of money very quickly, very positive work culture" (in 9 reviews)

Cons

1. "Sales Consultant - no cold calling"

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time

Pros

Cons

High stress - You can lose your job at any time.

Advice to Management

More transparancy

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review! As an employee owned company, we really try to be extra transparent with our Strategic Family. Every quarter we have a town hall where we go through our focus and goals for the... More

2. "Sales Consulant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is VERY competitive! The culture is diverse and fun. There is great opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The hours are long however the environment is so fun and upbeat that you wouldn't mind.

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you're doing.

Thanks for the review!

3. "a spaceto grow"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

great management staff
    no micro managing
    attainable goals
    a lot of training

Cons

wish the phone system didn't cash so often

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review! Our phone provider had some issues last month that they seem to have fixed and so far this month not one second of downtime. I hate when they are down as much as anyone.

4. "Strat FS is a great spot"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is awesome, and the sales skills you are taught can transfer anywhere. The culture motivates you and your managers will only make you better. Company events and just being in the office everyday will make you love this place.

Cons

The hours are the worst part. If you live in the city, need to make money, have great work ethic, and are okay with talking on the phone you're golden. The "product" is hard to comprehend, but if you truly understand what you're selling it sells itself.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring so many people

"Worked Here for 3 Years and It's an AMAZING company"

Former Employee - Finance Consultant in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Finance Consultant in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really loved and appreciated my job and the owners. The people I worked with are my family and some of my closest friends. I would of still been there but I had to move. The culture is amazing. I loved part of something that is growing like a weed and able to touch so many people's lives. I had the ability to make a lot of money and had fun with the people I did it with.

Cons

I would say long hours but honestly I worked from 10-8 Monday to Thursday and 10-6 on Friday which isn't so bad considering my earning potential.

Advice to Management

I love what you did with the employee ownership. I am sad I had to leave before I really got to benefit from it. I think you need to do more education around it because people don't really understand how much of an amazing benefit it really is.

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the amazing review!!! Best of luck on the move. Don't be a stranger.

"Love it here"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This place is growing rapidly so theres great growth potential. Top producers can make 250-400k a year. Especially now

Cons

Long hours can get exhausting at times.

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thumbs up right back at you! Thanks for the great review.

"Could be great; poor planning and TERRIBLE benefits"

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Focuses on employee recognition which isn’t common for call centers.

Cons

The training isn’t good. You’re thrown onto the phones after a half day of a mentor sitting with you. Pretty much set up to fail.

Kind of liked the job but then found out how much insurance was. Almost my whole pay would be gone if I had insurance. Really sad.

If I’m at home throwing up and I have a note from the doctor saying I can’t work, my manager told me I’d still get an attendance point. Really?

Advice to Management

If you really valued your workforce like a family, give health insurance we can afford. We’d be homeless if we signed up for insurance. If we have a doctor note, let us stay home and not get others sick. And improve the training program so we actually have time to be mentored and truly be prepared to handle such important accounts.

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the review and advice. Every year we look to provide better and lower cost health care solutions because we do value our family of employee-owners. Last year we got a better provider to... More

"Financial consultant"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Financial Consultant in Buffalo, NY (US)

Pros

CEO personal meets and speaks with every single employee and we have over 1k and growing. I never worked for a company that cares half as much as they do about there employees. Despite what any other reviews say this is a once and a lifetime company to work for. Your helping people out of debt and getting paid to do it.

Cons

I truly cant say a single negative word it's amazing to work here.

2 Oct 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the great review! I am happy that you have found a home in Strategic.

"Litigation Support"

Former Employee - Litigation Support Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Litigation Support Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are able to meet some decent people

Cons

The company is a scam. Clients end up getting sued because they are not enrolled properly. They are lied to by the sales consultants and everyone knows this. They hire way too many sales reps and not enough production support. You can see a response from the CEO below that says they fixed the many issues of the lit support department but that’s far from the truth. The management still in place is the worst management I have ever witnessed. There are several rumors that fly around the office involving this manager and the ceo. The manager has had no previous management experience or proper training but the ceo thinks they made the necessary changes to fix things? The turnover rate is extremely high. Some people go to lunch and never come back because of how disgusting it is to work there. If you have any morals or value your self worth you will steer clear of this employer. Some of the positive posts from current employees are fake. They ask their employees to write reviews and give deadlines that they must be posted by. Overall the worst place to work even though they make employees take a survey so they get listed on best places to work. The same way they scam their clients is the same way they scam their employees.

Advice to Management

Unless you wipe out the “strong leadership” that remains, you will always be in this consistent loop.

"A joke..."

Pros

A job to go to everyday.

Cons

Everything else. This place is really a scam and other departments may not see it, but the lit department definitely does. Something needs to be done. Y'all have already lost about 15 employees, keep up the shenanigans and you'll lose more. The only people who are staying are those who have YEARS under their belts and know that they won't get a job elsewhere. Watch out for the young employees who know their worth because they're not going to stick around and deal with the crap for much longer. Pay attention to your employees and what they're saying. As far as weekly meetings that were promised...never happened. I still don't know certain things that I should've known as an employee. I would come home feeling sick because I had no answers for the clients. Clients who were elderly, sick, pregnant, dealing with the deaths of family members and all types of unfortunate circumstances, could not be helped. Then, when you have management leaving their desk for hours going to fool around with other coworkers OUTSIDE OF THE WORKPLACE leaving the floor without a manager that's bad too. Someone needs to address that too, but they probably won't because things are very lax. Oh and one more thing, get rid of the head of the lit department because all he does is walk around and ask what people are eating. That's not what's important now is it?

Advice to Management

get it together.

21 Oct 2018 – CEO

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience in the lit department. It's a small team and it seems that it needed more attention than it was getting. We have changed leadership and are focusing on... More