Strategic Financial Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Ryan Sasson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great work environment with even better leadership (in 18 reviews)

• Also -- if you'd like to make a lot of money fast, this is the job for you (in 7 reviews)

Cons

1. "Amazing place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Incredible culture, commitment to employee growth, great people to work with, employees benefit from the growth in the firm through ESOP program.

Cons

The job does not fit people who are not extremely passionate about what they do.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your employees to get better

2. "Love The Company You Work For"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Strategic has always been more than just a job for me, our company started my career and has really become a family. The fast pace, high energy sales floor with big earning potential attracted me and brought me in the door. But the people and the culture that has been built over the years is why I love coming to work every day.

I came to Strategic without any sales experience close to three years ago and fell in love with the role and the opportunity within my first few days working here. I started as a sales consultant and realized very quickly I could excel here. Once I started seeing the full potential of uncapped commissions I was hooked. I worked hard each day to do the best I could and as time passed earned myself the opportunity to take on more responsibility and contribute in different ways from associate manger all the way to management. I’ve always felt a sense of ownership here and felt involved and a part of something bigger. The growth of the company in just the last few years has been special, it’s truly an exciting time to be a part of the employee owned Strategic family.

Cons

For me there really isn’t any. I know that sounds impossible to some but I always enjoyed the role and grind of sales. The hours here fly by and most days seem like there isn’t enough time in the day.

I absolutely understand that sales positions aren’t for everybody, you’re expected to work hard every day but the company rewards that with the generous commission structure. If you’re hungry for the opportunity, I honestly couldn’t think of a better place to build your career.

14 Apr 2018 – CEO

Spoken like an owner. Thanks for the great review!

3. "Best place I've ever worked"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Management leads by example from the top down. From the CEO, President, VP's & managers all are hands on and want the best for all employees. The culture is amazing it's a work hard play hard mentality the rewards employees for their hard work and dedication.

Cons

Long days but that's what I signed up for.

Advice to Management

I love coming to work every day so keep doing what you're doing.

14 Apr 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the great review.

4. "An Amazing Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Negotiator in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Negotiator in Buffalo, NY (US)

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From upper management all the way to representatives just starting out, the atmosphere provides a great place to work with tons of growth opportunities. Great benefits and bonus packages allow you to exceed your expectations and realize your full potential as a hard-working employee. Waking up to go to work every morning is something I look forward to each day.

Cons

There are only cons if you are not a hard worker or willing to learn.

10 Apr 2018 – CEO

Thanks for the great review!

5. "Wow the culture is phenomenal"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

I have worked for some terrible bosses and selfish employees in the past. I commend Ryan (who I know reads these comments) and Dan for building such a strong culture here. There are no bad apples here. Every single person here is friendly, helpful, and down to earth. They go out of their way by giving every person a long personality fit to make sure they fit their culture. I definitely commend them for that. Didn't think companies with this type of culture actually exist. The pay is very good for sales (55K during training period) and the top sales reps make as much as 30-40K in a MONTH on commission. Mike Coelho who does the first two week training class is awesome and hilarious and helps set the tempo at Strategic. There are several free giveaways, a vegas trip for top reps, discounts on gyms in the area. Overall this job has definitely exceeded my expectations in the few months ive been here.

Cons

- Days are long (10-8) but you only have to work 8 hours, so you're able to take 2 hours worth of breaks during the day. A good amount of people will go to the gym then take a long lunch break.
    - PTO heres my biggest complaint here. It's an absolute joke and the least amount of time they can legally give you. They give you FIVE PTO PER YEAR, that includes any sick days you may have to take. I get this is a numbers driven job and you get what you put into it, but Ryan do the right thing here and at least give people ten days. That isn't asking much. You'll wind up losing some good reps who get burnt out. People have lives outside of this job and deserve to be able to have a balance between work and life.
    - You also dont get paid for 7 holidays where the company is closed, which is ridiculous in my opinion, especially with all the long days people put in.
    - Health Insurance is crummy and very expensive. Would love to see them upgrade this in the near future.
    - There are no guarantees for this job during our two week training period, we lost almost a third of our class to either poor performance or people not thinking its a fit. The training is challenging but if you put work into it you will make it. Most of the people who didn't make it didn't put the effort and study for the tests etc. But I feel like they should be more upfront about this when they hire you, because most of those people left another job and are now unemployed less than two weeks out.

Advice to Management

I know I have a few complaints but like I said Strategic has really exceeded my expectations so far. Definitely worth giving a shot if you're on the edge about taking a job with this company. Thanks again to Ryan and Dan for building such a strong culture. Seriously do the right thing and up the PTO, 5 days is a joke, and will cause you to lose some good reps. I don't think 10 days of PTO is asking too much which is still way below the industry average.

"Indentured Servitude"

Current Employee - Sales Support in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Support in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Strategic Financial Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    hour lunch
    casual fridays
    quality of coworkers
    overtime offered

Cons

If you want proper communication don't come here. It's either pass the buck or ignore the problem until it falls in your lap. Daily issues with all programs needed to do your job. Tries to overload the workers they have instead of hire more support people to supplement the growing sales floor. Uncaring or clueless HR management, rude and low quality building management , favoritism throughout all platforms of management.

It's an OK starter office job, but if you are looking for full growth, advancement, promotion, or even sick time separate from your vacation time , then DO NOT work here.

Advice to Management

Try not babying your sales team and actually explain how the programs they use daily work, as well as procedure.

Stop thinking Sangria in office will solve all issues with the company.

Care about ALL your employees equally since it's honestly not the sales team alone making you the millions you brag about in the paper.

Stop trying to penny pinch and cut corners in your building and put employees in good conditions to work with employees in management who KNOW how to fix common department problems.

8 Apr 2018 – CEO

I am sorry that you feel this way and if you are up for it, would schedule a meeting to hear all of your concerns and ideas on how we can make Strategic a better place for you and others who may be... More

7. "Actions speak louder than words"

Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Buffalo, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Client Services Manager in Buffalo, NY (US)

Pros

Strategic doesn't just talk about building a high-level, employee-oriented culture, but shows its dedication to employee well being with actions taken on a daily basis. Examples include employee ownership of the company, healthy eating seminars, celebrations for great results, giveaways, food, flexibility, understanding, and much more. The employees are truly seen as the company's greatest asset and are treated with the utmost respect and fairness.

On top of creating a great culture, employee feedback is encouraged, quality results are recognized, and much opportunity awaits those who earn it.

Furthermore, it is wonderful and fulfilling to work for a company that is genuinely helping most clients save tens of thousands of dollars.

Cons

None that I have experienced.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

8 Apr 2018 – CEO

Written like an owner :-)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Financial Consultant in New York, NY (US)

Pros

Collegiate environment and culture, great training program giving you the tools you need to succeed, superior managers

Cons

There are no cons to share

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to promote and recognize internal talent.

Thanks for the review

"Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Overtime opportunities
    Great company culture

Cons

Having to speak with upset clients

Thanks for the review

"Litigation negotiator"

Current Employee - Litigation Negotiations
    Current Employee - Litigation Negotiations

Pros

A very supportive environment. This is what it is like to not be upset about going into work in the morning. Great place to work for and even better be to work around

Cons

I dont really see any cons. Very happy with everything the company does and the way the employees are treated!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Good Vibes Only!