TNT Express UK Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Jul 1, 2019

Found 49 reviews

TNT Express UK CEO Tex Gunning
Tex Gunning
Pros
  • "This is a good company to work for overall(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Have a lot of "good" policies, which are comprehensively ignored by senior management when it suits(in 3 reviews)

• "office staff get away with murder(in 2 reviews)

1. "Van Driver"

Van Driver

I worked at TNT Express UK

Pros

i love drive and have good experience from other job when i was driving by 1year. before i was van driver in UK Express so i drive yours parcels as well. every week i did about 3000 mils.

Cons

dont have any cons

TNT Express UK2017-02-16
  2. "Don't even think of going there !!"

Former Employee - C and D Driver in Bellshill, Scotland

I worked at TNT Express UK full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

With the exception of some great workmates there really is nothing positive to say about BELLSHILL depot .

Cons

Absolutely horrendous working atmosphere where the drivers and loaders alike are treated like dirt. Traffic office staff try their hardest in a very difficult working environment. There are people at management level in this depot who quite frankly should not be allowed out of the house on their own in the morning . Their man management skills are zero. The way they speak to people is disgraceful. It is management... by thuggery , bullying and intimidation. If you think for a second I am exagerrating then speak to any of the drivers from this depot .

TNT Express UK2019-07-01
  3. "Bad experience!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atherstone, England

I worked at TNT Express UK full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free parking on site. Canteen which served nice food.

Cons

Everything else! TNT is going through a lot of changes due to being purchased by Fedex. As a result of this there are a lot of changes being made and no one really seems to know whats going on. The job I was recruited to do was very different to the job that was sold to me (and something I would never have accepted), I could almost have lived with that had it not been for the people. In the department I worked... there was zero atmosphere, I could go for hours or even a full day barely speaking to anyone as no one engaged in conversation other than for work related purposes. I appreciate that it is a work place but a bit of general chit chat and ‘how was your weekend’ wouldn’t do any harm. There are a lot of people working there who have been employed for 20, 30, 40 odd years and as a result they are set in their ways and always reminiscing about how things used to be. I was told numerous times by numerous people about what a great place it is to work, almost as if they were saying it to not only convince me but convince themselves! During the end of my (very short!) time there my title was changing to one which better fit the role so hopefully whoever is recruited in my place will be a better fit for the team and role.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people and don’t make everything about profit.

TNT Express UK2019-06-11
  4. "C&D Driver"

Current Employee - C&D Driver in Exeter, England

I have been working at TNT Express UK full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The wage is good but you have to do a 50 hour week

Cons

Management at Exeter can do and say anything to you and if you complain they make your life hell to the point you consider suicide

Advice to Management

Any manager who is accused of abuse and bulling repeatedly should be investigated by an independent person and not white washed

TNT Express UK2019-01-20

"Lots of Change"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Atherstone, England

I worked at TNT Express UK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Big business Exposure to director level

Cons

Lots of red tape Still in the 80s Acquisition by FedEx means staff are on edge - not sure if they will have a job

Advice to Management

Communicate more

TNT Express UK2018-09-03
  6. "50/50"

I worked at TNT Express UK full-time

Pros

Good company, good pay, canyon hours

Cons

Idiot managers, blame culture, clicky

TNT Express UK2018-04-16
  7. "Communications Manager"

Former Employee - Communications Manager in Birmingham, England

I worked at TNT Express UK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cares for customers and employees. Recent takeover by FedEx created opportunity for growth and expansion within highly competitive logistics industry

Cons

Lack of investment in past 10 years had allowed competitors to catch up and surpass business. FedEx takeover should bring TNT back to competitive level with chief integrators within UK, Europe and globally.

Advice to Management

Invest in IT technology for benefit of customers and employees. Heed what employees have to say and ensure communications is a two-way conversation.

TNT Express UK2016-10-09
  8. "Good company"

Current Employee - Depot Manager

I have been working at TNT Express UK full-time

Pros

Treat their people well, starting to get the focus right and getting back to be a market leader.

Cons

Pay is low compared to some competitors, limited opportunities to progress unless you can relocate.

Advice to Management

Review how operations and sales work together

TNT Express UK2016-10-02
  9. "Best place yet!"

Current Employee - Investigator in London, England

I have been working at TNT Express UK part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

World Leader, Reasonable Pay and Conditions, Professional Environment & Organisation

Cons

Not enough hours or flexibility. Does not retain skilled people or develop them. Poor communication with staff.

Advice to Management

Listen to the little people more.

TNT Express UK2016-05-26
  10. "Dedicated Accounts Representative"

Customer Service Representative in London, England

I have been working at TNT Express UK

Pros

Excellent pay for level of job, compared to that of similar companies. Hours of working are reasonable, you are not expected to work past your standard hours.

Cons

Management are not organised, do not take ownership, however feel they need to advise there staff about Ownership. Departments within the business feel divided and often negative comments made between departments.

Advice to Management

Improve communication and take ownership of issues with a clear vision of how to move forward and improve the business as a whole.

TNT Express UK2016-05-20