TempTribe Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.5
TempTribe Managing Director Duncan Mitchell
Duncan Mitchell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "I found it really convenient that I can use the online system to choose my shifts" (in 20 reviews)

• "Book your own shifts, if you don't want to work for months that's fine; perfect for students who want a shift here and there" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Cancelations at last minute but ywe are not allow to cancel 48h before" (in 24 reviews)

• "I've applied to many shifts and never seem to get any apart from stadiums" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Great job"

I have been working at TempTribe part-time

Pros

Flexible hours, beautiful venues and lovely people to work with.

Cons

None none none none none

2. "Temp Staff"

Former Employee - Temp in London, England
    Former Employee - Temp in London, England

I worked at TempTribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Always easy to contact
    Very Professional

Cons

Hard to find a job a first, but once you get in the jobs start rolling in

3. "Not great"

I worked at TempTribe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Pay rate for some shifts can be good (hostess, brand ambassador)

Cons

Rude staff at HQ
    No involvement in case of work related injuries
    Last minute shift cancelations
    Rude management at shifts

4. "Great Agency with loads of opportunities"

Current Employee - Front of House Staff Member in London, England
    Current Employee - Front of House Staff Member in London, England

I have been working at TempTribe part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with TempTribe since June 2016 and have some really good memories of working in many venues because of this agency. There have been some wonderful places - such as Waldorf Hilton, Connaught and venues for Create just to name a few - I felt like I have explored.

The office staff have been helpful to me, I have met a great variety of people (permanent staff members, agency staff with careers elsewhere and university students) and I was pretty honoured when venues want to see me more often.

I kind of hate saying no when some venues ask me to work for them full-time, as this was due to putting my university studies first. However, I have graduated recently from Music Technology and am open to many opportunities offered to me.

Cons

There isn't always guarantee that I'll always work in places I haven't worked at before. Although choosing where and when I want to work is flexible, this doesn't really create a stable income for me. Therefore I don't think this is an ideal full-time job.

I do feel like a school pupil as opposed to a grown-up employee at some points, but I guess that makes I easier for managers to brief a large group of staff. Some managers can be really rude and not up for the job.

Also, increasing the wage will put venues off, as it probably has done with Waldorf Hilton and the Connaught I believe.

Advice to Management

Have some faith in agency staff as they can work just as hard and smartly as permanent members of staff. The more faith you give them, the more they'll be happy to work with you.

5. "Waiter/bartender"

I have been working at TempTribe part-time

Pros

Great locations around London that you wouldn't normally get to access.

Cons

Sometimes bad managers giving out poor instructions.

6. "Good company"

I have been working at TempTribe part-time

Pros

Do things at your own time.
    New places and faces every shift
    Wide range of experiences

Cons

Not for full time work.

Advice to Management

Good and efficient

7. "tempribe"

I have been working at TempTribe part-time

Pros

flexible, easy to get, convenient and good pay

Cons

last minute shift cancellations and changing work hours

8. "Where can i start? Really!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at TempTribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Non- I can think of

Cons

Loads of Cons.
    1: Why does this agency open doors to recruit new staffs when they don't have enough shift for them?
     2: Why would I have to shave my facial hair off when you barely get a shift to work. Stupid!!!!!!!!
    3. I do not understand the management system with this agency it so unprofessional and disorganized.

I once used to work for this agency way back in the day when they were called LOLA Event Staffing. Yes, it is true they favor people at this company. They have their core team, elite, reserve, and their less favorite employees who happen to be new ones.

When at a venue they check uniform like you're going into a war. Yes, is that stressful. They actually treat staffs like crazy, especially new recruit. They tend to canceled shifts last minute unexpected without any good reasons and if you decide to cancel a shift last minute you're in a big ''big trouble''.

Oh yeah, if you're new staff to this agency, please make sure you turn up to your shifts in the right uniform, well present, fake smiling and never turn up late to your shifts or else you won't or barely ever going to get a shift again.

QUICK ADVICE
    Just work part time and don't think of doing full time with this agency trust me.
    Sign up with another agency, I am sure you will find one in London there are loads.

Now, I am about to stop doing hospitality job since I have finished university I thought I should advise people you're thinking of working for this company.

Advice to Management

Please just sort your management system out and start treating your employees with respect so they will be happy to work.

9. "Part time"

Pros

Flexible work, good management. Payment every 15 days

Cons

Cancelations at last minute but ywe are not allow to cancel 48h before. Sometimes difficult to get shifts

"Hard to get work. Most jobs need more experience than an average person would have. Good pay"

I have been working at TempTribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is pretty high. Minimum living wage or higher, even for easier or smaller jobs. There are also last minute shifts which you can work if you wake up and have nothing to do.

Cons

So hard to get work. They make it seem as if when you apply for a shift you’re likely to get it but most the time you are denied. I got stuck wondering why they even accepted/employed me. I haven’t even made back the money I spent on the uniform. Different shifts require different uniform. The uniform is expensive and you need different coloured shirts, waistcoat, black t-shirts , trousers, smart shoes & more! Sometimes the uniform is stuff we haven’t even be told about e.g. Cargo pants and Steel-toe boots.

Advice to Management

Hire people who you would actually allow to work. It’s discouraged me from even applying to shifts anymore because I have to wait days for you to ‘accept’ my shift, but then you never actually do. I know there are many staff who apply; but many are put on the back burner and have to wait forever to not even get accepted.