Textbroker International Reviews

Found 50 of over 162 reviews

3.2
Textbroker International CEO Phillip Thune
Phillip Thune
Pros
  • "I enjoy the freedom of being able to work from home and to have a flexible schedule of my own choosing(in 14 reviews)

• "The word counter is an unforgiving master, and it will not allow the system to accept an article with even one word short(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay unless you get Direct Orders(in 26 reviews)

• "The time it takes to create an article versus the amount you earn is disproportionate(in 15 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Easy work, consistent, and rapid payments

23 Mar 2014 - Freelance Writer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work is fairly easy at Textbroker UK, even if it doesn't pay some of the industry's best rates. Through this site, I have secured direct orders and repeat clients. You have the chance to join writing teams, which gives you easy access to exclusive writing projects. The minimum payout is quite low, 10 euros, and they usually pay by Friday when you request payment on Thursday. Vikki, the manager for Europe, is very lovely and helpful!

Cons

They don't pay the best rates in the industry. Most of my projects have been paid at around 1.5 to 2 euros a word, but it is so simple I can write enough to prevent that from being an issue. In addition to this, they rose rates by 8% at the beginning of 2014. When you consider how little public sector workers get in terms of pay rises, that's fantastic!

2. 1.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Don't waste your time over this crap

28 Nov 2018 - Editor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

work from home any time

Cons

1. very less pay 2.it takes them forever to approve your articles.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0

YOU NEVER REACH 5 STAR

2 May 2021 - Content Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Easy to work for and accept work

Cons

I worked here for four years and then when I was finally accepted to a 5 star they first blocked my account and said some crap about using a VPN which I never do. Figured that out and they let me back on and then after writing one article I was notified by Payoneer that they closed my account and would give me no reason why. Tried calling Textbroker and they said that it's closed and they can't do anything. This place still owes me $75 for articles written and released. They are thieves and refuse to give any information. They took the money and refuse to send it to me. As soon as working my butt off to get to 5 stars and make good money everything changed. These people want you to work your butt off for them making barely anything and then as soon as you are high enough to make good money they drop you. The worst part is when you ask why and what happened they just tell you they can't say anything and they don't have access to that information. Save yourself the trouble and look elsewhere. Guru.com and Upwork are bidding sites but at least theyre honest. These people are shady.

4. 1.0

Great Until You Reach a 5 Star

11 Apr 2021 - Content Writer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work when you want and on your time but you must respond to changes within 24 hours. However, clients can take days to get back to you and release funds. They can also ask for revisions over and over and keep changing them so you end up writing four articles instead of one.

Cons

Very sketchy and untrustworthy people. Nobody would give a straight answer. They changed from Paypal to Payoneer to pay authors and everything was fine until I reached the 5-star status and then they dropped me. Called Payoneer and no answer so I wrote four emails to both them and Textbroker. They stated that they had to close my account but wouldn't give me any reason and when I asked why they stated they couldn't relay the information. As soon as you reach a level to make good money they suddenly drop you and can't nor won't give you any information. It seems kinda sketchy too that I never had a problem getting paid with Paypal but now a company overseas and I never got paid and was constantly trying to contact people to get paid. It looks like a great opportunity but it is a scam. I spent two and a half years working my way up to be dropped as soon as I got there. Crooked company.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

writer for hire

1 Jun 2021 - Author
      Business Outlook

Pros

better than doing nothing at home

Cons

the money is very inconsistent

6. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Timely pay at Textbroker

21 May 2021 - Writer in Nairobi
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a constant flow of work

Cons

Minimal pay at level 3

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Okay Part-Time Gig

14 Apr 2021 - Content Creator in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work is available at all times.

Cons

Low paying work; a challenging way to earn a living. Good for some pocket money.

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Do not even bother

29 Apr 2021 - Author & Client Services in Las Vegas, NV
      Business Outlook

Pros

You have the opportunity to work from home.

Cons

It is a toxic work environment.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Glasssdoor is forcing me to do this

21 Feb 2021 - Content Writer in Columbus, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

good place to work i guess but don't rely on it

Cons

don't rely on it for pay don't rely on it for pay

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

STAY AWAY

2 Mar 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pro at all!

Cons

everything was an issue at this job

1 person found this review helpful