The Job Window Reviews

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Talent & Acquisition Specialist

30 Nov 2018 -  in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smaller sized company so huge opportunity to standout. Merit based growth opportunities. Your voice gets heard and you actually have a chance to make an impact on the direction the business takes. Lots of one on one interaction with management team for training. Team building activities and bonuses plus some really fun outings including trips overseas (when you get to bring a guest).

Cons

The company adapts quickly to changes in the marketplace and/or new opportunities for business so be ready to be flexible. It's not a large sized company so there's less red tape to go through when changing processes or introducing new sources of business or business plans. It's hard work and can be stressful and a lot of hours at times depending on the recruitment cycle for the clients you're working with or the time of year. The health benefits package offered is pretty average.

1 person found this review helpful

Upper Management

We are glad you feel like you have the opportunity to stand out. One on one interaction with our people is how we all grow and learn. Hope to see you on our next overseas trip!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Account Representative

17 Apr 2019 - Account Representative in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people here are some of the best I've ever known. The team is always helpful, supportive and understanding and it makes coming into work a fun and enjoyable experience on a daily basis. It doesn't feel like "work". I like how the managers are always asking where I see myself going in terms of a career path at their company and how they continue to develop my role to accommodate the things I've said I really enjoy doing or want to be more involved in.

Cons

Can't say there's anything to complain about so far.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Upper Management

We are so happy to know you too! Looking forward to seeing where your role takes you.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Job and loving the room for growth in the business

22 Apr 2014 - Corporate Account Manager in Toronto
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been here since the start of Job window and there hasn't been a better place where I have worked. The corporate atmosphere is just amazing. Everyone is so hard working, but at the same time so willing to help overcome a colleagues problem. Work life balance is great too. I had to leave a couple of times because of family emergencies and take a day off because of volleyball tournaments and as long as I had all my work done and had goals set for the immediate future, it was not a problem. Another aspect of this job that I really enjoy is the opportunity for growth. The Job Window is so versatile in finding an area that you excel that not only benefits the company, but the individual as well. To be honest, this job was just supposed to support me while i found another job. However, the skills that I was being taught and the willingness of others to help me achieve my goals was a corporate culture that I wanted to be apart of. I cannot think of a better place to work, it has shown me what a career really is.

Cons

Minimal. Wish we got rid of individual cubicles for a "common work space". I think this would allow for creative juices to flow better within the team. Just like the saying two heads are better than one.

3 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Glad you had a positive experience.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great working environment

17 Nov 2015 - Account Manager in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

Over the year I’ve been here the company has grown a lot and evolved to better suit the needs of our clients and candidates. I like that when someone has ideas about how to make things run more smoothly, management listens and things actually change. As the company’s grown I’ve been getting more responsibilities. I was hired in a junior position and was promoted first to team manager then account manager. I think that’s the greatest benefit to being part of a growing company

Cons

I don't have any cons. At first I wasn't making as much as I was hoping but my pay has increased with each promotion and now I'm where I wanted to be.

18 people found this review helpful

Social Media Manager

Thanks for your review! We're really proud of how we've grown over the past year, and our employees are big part of that. We feel that supporting and promoting our employees is the best way to grow a strong team, and we're glad you've found that too. We're also very pleased that as we've grown, we're able to offer competitive pay to our team. Thanks for taking the time to share!

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good people, poor business model

23 May 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great CEO. The CEO is a kind person who unfortunately has to make hard decisions and usually people only notice the bad side of it. -Great Operation's Manager. The operations manager at The Job Window is one of the kindest person's I have ever met. If you're having personal issues or you're in a bind, they will understand. -Great coworkers. The Job Window staff has to be some of the most welcoming staff I've encountered, which made my stay incredibly pleasing. -Great work environment. Snacks and beverage are provided (i.e. chips, granola bars, coffee, etc.). -Rewards. Occasionally rewards are handed out: Raptor's tickets, gift cards (i.e. The Keg, Tim Horton's, etc.), and even trips.

Cons

-Company has no set direction. Think of it as a well funded startup who is proceeding by trial and error to figure out what's the best option for them. Which is all right but could make better use of resources. -Does not see the value in technology. There is a lack of push for implementing better systems and technologies, which to be honest could save the company a fortune. There was a small push at the end but I feel it will still not be pursued.

6 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re so pleased that you found The Job Window welcoming. We strongly believe that a good work environment is the best way to have happy employees who do amazing work! We have worked very hard to increase internal communication throughout our business this past year. By introducing regular status meetings we have been able to ensure all staff is up to date with our business direction, goals/objectives and any outstanding systems enhancements and technologies Management has in the works. Our Departmental Supervisors have worked very diligently with our staff to monitor each departments use of resources and provide feedback & suggestions to increase efficiency and effectiveness where needed. With their help we have been able to implement a variety of new technological system enhancements, streamline role responsibilities, minimize staffing requirements and keep Management accountable for implementing any changes needed. As our business continues to grow, we are confident their suggestions and support will continue to help our technology uses evolve to meet our growing business needs.

6. 4.0

recruiter

11 Jun 2015 - Junior Recruiter in Toronto, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

The office atmosphere is great. Everyone is super friendly and motivated and management is approachable and helpful. I really didn't know what to expect when I started this job. I wasn't sure how I felt about being on the phone all day. It turns out I love it! I get to help other people find jobs. it's true not everyone is cut out for the kinds of jobs we're offering, but not everyone is cut out for any job. I don't know how long I'll want to continue doing this sort of work, but so far it's been a great learning experience. I've had people call me back and thank me for putting them in touch with their new company. So far that keeps me motivated. Plus the fact that I can become a team leader based on my performance rather than how long I've been with the company.

Cons

Being on the phone all day can get a little monotonous. You have to be able to keep yourself energized and positive in order to take advantage of the pay incentives and move up.

1 person found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to speak about your time at The Job Window. We’re very proud of the work culture and environment we’ve been able to establish. We hear you when it comes to talking on the phone all day, which is why almost none of our positions require that any longer. We’ve changed how The Job Window works to ensure our employees are still connecting people to careers, but don’t have a phone stuck to their ear all day. We believe these changes will benefit not only our clients, but our employees as well.

7. 1.0

Misleading company

9 Oct 2014 - Recruiter Or Administrative in Richmond Hill, ON
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job - Good benefits and casual dress code which helps you save lots of money on work clothes. - It's good how they hire lots of people after post-secondary graduation; thus creating jobs. - I'm glad they took me in when i was desperately seeking any kind of job

Cons

I don't usually waste my time writing bad reviews but my experience is just beyond dissatisfied. COMPANY STRUCTURE: - Lots of unethical practices just like the second comment mentioned below - makes up fake job titles for the same job position hoping to trick more people into applying - management very unorganized in terms of recruiting the right candidate for clients and tells employees to twists the truth to get people to come in for an interview - Very high employee turnover rate. At least 3-4 people quitting every month PAY: - Very low pay for considering everyone is a fresh grad from post-secondary (minimum wage + commission). There was a lot of pressure to sell, sell, sell. It's easy to make a lot off commission if you are given a good city to recruit for. Some cities bring in lots of candidates, giving you a lot of commission and some cities just don't produce a lot of candidates, which put you in a bad position with the CEO and management. Therefore, the structure isn't very fair.

43 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your experiences. We take your insights into consideration when trying to improve the jobs for everyone.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Pyramid scheme

29 Apr 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The atmosphere of the company was great. Upper management was very friendly and highly motivational.

Cons

Where do I start? The hours aren't desirable 8:45-7 M-Sat. The pay was appealing in the interview, but once you begin working you actually make about half than what they make it seem you will earn, on top of that it took three weeks to see a fairly decent pay check. Once you factor in travel time into your check, you're basically getting paid minimum wage. I made more money as a part time sales associate. Overall the company seems like a good place to work for initially, but its just a facade.

147 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

We don't work on Saturdays at Job Window. You must be talking about a job you found through one of our ads. It is unfortunate you had a negative experience.

9. 2.0
    Current Employee

Don't fall for the hype.

10 Mar 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you work 10 hour days for a year or so you could potentially make some decent cash with the commission. However to me it's not worth it and the commute is killer. If you make enough sales you could be a manager and work 12 hour days and make some more cash and eventually run your own franchise. They make it seem like it's some opportunity of a lifetime but it's not. Well for me it wasn't anyway.

Cons

The commute, the crappy start pay, the fact that they pretty much lie about what you're actually doing, the constant pressure to sell sell sell, Even thought were Told that your there to promote products and raise consumer awareness. They make it seem like it's some opportunity of a lifetime but it's not. Well for me it wasn't anyway. Don't believe they hype they are trying to sell you. There's a reason there always hiring.

29 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

Thank you for sharing your experience. It helps us make the working environment better for everyone.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee

It is a scam

21 Jan 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing. It is all non-sense.

Cons

They lie, it's all commission. The 4/5 star reviews on this page are all faked by the managers that work there. This is door knocking & selling.

206 people found this review helpful

Upper Management

There is no selling with Job Window. We are sorry you had a negative experience with the job you took through one of our ads.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews