Troi Reviews

Updated 4 Dec 2019

5.0
Troi Co-Founder and Managing Director Jonathan Coulter (no image)
Jonathan Coulter
  1. "Nice to be an adult"

I have been working at Troi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Really experienced bunch of recruiters. Generally all seen the same pain points in Recruitment and understand how to battle through them. - No real targets apart from doing your job well, because of the experienced nature of the team we all know what good looks like so we don't need to be man managed to effectively deliver. - Really good client care, I think over the last 6 months we have really seen some huge wins in terms of clients and beating some of our biggest competitors because of our team. Really has a nice feel and shows we are doing the right things. - Relaxed work environment, need to shoot home as the kids have set fire to the school. No problem. As long as the job gets done you are treated like an adult.

Cons

It can sometimes be quite hectic when you are managing two clients on a part-time basis. You need to be incredibly good at time management and prioritising.

2. "So far, so good!"

I have been working at Troi full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients (both start-ups and established businesses) and explore different corners of London (and at times, Greater London!); - Recruiting for a variety of roles across business units (not silo working where you have just one or two role profiles to recruit for over and over again); - International expansion; -Genuine input and inclusion in company decisions (eg. which resources to invest in); -Opportunity to get as involved with business development as you wish); -Weekly office days where you get to meet with all the other Troi Recruiters who are onsite at other clients.

Cons

Nothing to speak of at this moment in time - so far, so good!

3. "Troi is leading the way..."

I have been working at Troi full-time for less than a year

Pros

I’ve been working at Troi for just over a few months now, and I can honestly say it’s been great. Coming from a mix of agency and in-house experience, it’s refreshing to work for a company where: - Senior management listen to your interests and try to provide you the opportunity to work on projects / clients that interest you whilst also encouraging internal development too. - Have a great team and work atmosphere, where everyone works together and genuinely wants to provide a suburb service for our clients and Troi. - Flexible to work/life balance – as working parent this is key for me. Working for an organisation that actually allows me to maintain my work/life balance, develop my career and is passionate about what we do. - Team spirit and work ethos - Everyone mucks in and genuinely wants to help each other and see the company grow. - Great range of diverse skill set between the team and happy to share external knowledge collectively together. Overall, Troi are leading the way in forward thinking recruitment and talent strategy whilst providing a flexible recruitment solution to all its clients. I look forward to stretching the limits and pushing the Troi movement forward.

Cons

None I can think of at the moment - keep going strong Troi

"Recruitment is changing and Troi is leading the way."

I have been working at Troi full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having spend majority of my career as an agency recruiter I decided to join Troi after meeting the co-founders and hearing about the mission. Best decision ever! from day 1 you can notice the difference of working within a forward thinking, disruptive organisation. You are treated as a grown up, working with senior level stakeholders to define recruitment strategy and processes to put in place to enable startups scale. When I was agency side, you were always a number, either you are a strong biller or you are nobody, there was never true career progression. Whereas at Troi, its the complete opposite, its challenging, exciting, rewarding and you get a great work/life balance due to the focus on smart working.

Cons

No complaints at this stage, company has been great, founders and colleagues have been brilliant and the opportunity has exceeded my expectations.

Troi Response

October 31, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

We're pleased Troi is exceeding your expectations! Thanks, Troi

5. "What an exciting journey!"

I have been working at Troi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Like any startup, we have had some toughs times in the beginning, but we all dug deep and worked together to make it through the other side. Now we are growing rapidly and I am so excited to see where we will be in another year. We are a great team, our culture is fun, chilled, but highly efficient. Every day is slightly different and I get to work onsite with a multitude of great clients, growing my experience and knowledge 10 fold. I get to focus on the whole end to end process and the delivery of a variety of roles.

Cons

Being onsite with multiple clients, hiring for multiple roles, does leave you a little drained. It takes a lot of hard work and passion to do it right, but it's something I thrive on. We have just started to build the company culture, which will take time, but it's exciting times.

Troi Response

October 19, 2018Talent Acquisition Manager

Hi, Thanks for the review and I'm glad you share our vision... exciting times indeed! Thanks, Troi

6. "Been a blast!"

I have been working at Troi full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined when Troi were a few months in and the change in the last year has been dramatic. I came from an agency recruitment background and the contrast couldn't be starker. Our culture is chilled, mature and fun. Ideas are encouraged and discussed openly. I've also worked onsite with some brilliant clients, it's a completely different way of looking at recruitment - the engagement is so much higher both with candidates and the client. I've loved it so far, and we're only going to going to grow!

Cons

It's been a bit chaotic at times which wouldn't be for everyone, I've loved that personally and it's lightyears away from a corporate environment in my last place (it's settled down loads). At times we've felt a bit disconnected due to being on site at clients and not spending much time in HQ. That is changing too as we grow, and there's a conscious effort to keep cohesion between the team.

Continue reading
  7. "Talent Acquisition Manager"

5.0

I have been working at Troi full-time

Pros

Troi is an innovative organization with tremendous opportunity. Excellent company culture. Flexible and unique schedule, exciting and challenging work.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 7 reviews